“It looked like a good Greek place?”
Review of Aegean Restaurant

Aegean Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aegean Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 204 Restaurants in Framingham
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Boston, Massachusetts
“It looked like a good Greek place?”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped in this Greek restaurant on our way home from the movies. It looked really good and the parking lot was full. We decided on take out. The food was terrible. The Greek salad was iceberg lettuce with a two olives a pinch of feta and a watery dressing. The gyro plate was not gyro meat but pieces of beef and chicken that were cooked into shoe leather. What a waste of money.

• Visited May 2013

Sudbury, MA
“Always very good”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Visited the Aegean twice in the last week with two different sets of friends. Both visits were terrific. Food is plentiful and very good. I made the mistake of ordering the soup before dinner instead of the salad. It was so good, and so large, that I ended up taking most of the dinner home! The Greek dishes are very, very good, and the seafood is excellent. I normally like my fish plain, and they do plain with a twist. Prices are very reasonable given the hardy portions.

• Visited May 2013
Newton, Ma
“Outstanding value for an excellent meal!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My wife and I had dinner this evening at the Aegean Restaurant in Framingham, a place we hadn't been to in years, but, after tonight's dinner, a restaurant we fully intend to return to in the near future. Given our recollection of the filling entrees we've had in the past at the Aegean at both its Framingham and Watertown locations, we decided to skip the appetizers. We were, however, served very fresh pita and Scali-type bread with a plate of oil generously enhanced by Greek feta. The meal included a generous Greek salad with a perfect dousing of delicious dressing. For our entrees, I chose the Sunday "special" Aegean Seafood, which included nice-sized portions of haddock, salmon, sole, scallops and baked stuffed shrimp. Each fish was baked or broiled perfectly and were served with string beans and a nice serving of excellent lemony potatoes. My wife selected the Aegean Salmon, likewise with the string beans and potatoes, and the serving was so large, she brought home half of it. She said the salmon was cooked perfectly and was delicious. We'll definitely be back.

• Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Why is this place always packed?!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had great expectations. The lot is always full. The decor is upscale and inviting. And a corporate luncheon buffet prior year...very good. But when we went for dinner? Dishes came out like warm or V. Slowly. Value for money was below expectations. Even simple, quintessential apps like dolmades appeared to be prepped that AM and simply pulled from a fridge and tossed on a plate. We returned a second time (any restaurant can have a bad night) and were again disappointed. Such a shame. I will never understand why it's so busy.

One bright spot. The full bar has a v. nice lounge. Again, prices are slightly higher than they should be, but considering its the nicest cocktail lounge in town, you can pay a small premium.

• Visited October 2012
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Good”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

They have excellent menu and food tastes awesome. Nice ambient and very friendly staff. They helped us a lot in selecting our food and drinks. I could see the restaurant has umpteen parking spaces too. Overall, nice experience it was.

Visited March 2013