“Very Nice Meal!”
Review of Aegean Restaurant

Aegean Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Aegean Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 203 Restaurants in Framingham
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was my second time eating here. My wife and I were seated promptly and bread and drinks were taken care of quickly.

The salad was good, but not very good. The bread and oil was excellent.

I ordered the lamb chops and which came broccoli sauteed in garlic and oil. The last time the lamb was a little over cooked, so this time I ordered it medium rare and it much better.

All in all, it was a very nice meal at a reasonable price. With desert, about $55.

The only down side was that the coffee wasn't that great.

As we left, we were cordially thanked and asked to come again. We would definitely return but probably skip the coffee.

There are newer reviews for Aegean Restaurant

Reviewed January 5, 2013

The fish is great. I was more of a fan of the original restaurant location. When they got bigger, it wasn't as homey/personal and I think some of the food quality suffered. The stuffed grape leaves seemed tougher.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I don't understand the positive reviews? My family went to the Aegean because it is really the only Greek restaurant in the area. We were completely disappointed. My lamb dish was the only decent meal that we got. The chicken my wife got was fatty, the moussaka my stepfather got was unedible, and the stuffed grape leaves my mother got were bland and cold in the middle. Next time we will travel to Lowell to get authentic and tasty Greek food.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Consistently above average Greek food. The service can be very good or average, but never bad. The bar area is a great place to have a drink and some apps before the meal.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have eaten lunch at the Aegean three times with a friend and enjoy the food. The luncheon combos are delicious and a great value! On my first visit we had a wonderful server. He recommended the shrimp saganaki as an appetizer and he was right on! The dish is perfectly prepared and quite a treat. Their house salad dressing is a little bit of lemon heaven.

I was excited to visit the restaurant with my husband for dinner last week. The first blip in our visit was when my water glass had several lipstick stains on it, was very water spotted, and appeared to have lemon or lime pulp on it. If I owned a restaurant I would make it policy to look at each glass and silverware for cleanliness before setting a table. As the busser started to pour water in the dirty glass I pointed out the lipstick. She did not say one word. She tucked the glass under her arm, took another glass off of another table, filled it for me, and then walked away. Not one word of apology or concern was uttered.

Our food was good. Our server was not friendly but service was adequate. When she brought the check, however, she presented it to my husband and then hovered over him waiting for him to pay. We had not lingered and there was not a wait for a table. This was the first time I have ever had a server not drop off the check and come back for payment. It was rude and uncomfortable.

The restaurant was busy on a Friday night but we were seated immediately at a table for two. Unfortunately, our table gave us a view of the front desk and the drama taking place with one particular server and the host/hostesses. Several times throughout our meal there was some altercation going on and the hostess mouthed a nasty word behind the server’s back when she turned away. It got so ugly that we asked to see the manager. Because I strongly believe in supporting small business I felt that the manager needed to know about the unprofessional behavior of the staff. He seemed totally unprepared to deal with us and although he did apologize and say that he would speak with the staff, he had more of a dazed look than one of interest or concern and my husband said that he felt that he wasn’t even listening.

There are Greek restaurants with better food and most certainly a better atmosphere and service. My advice is to frequent one of them. I won’t go back. I could have dealt with the dirty glass, I could have dealt with the unprofessional staff, but when you put it all together with a manager that either does not care about the business or is ill-equipped to handle it, it signals a real problem.

1  Thank mamacooking

Been to Aegean Restaurant? Share your experiences!