“Much better since the boss took over again”
Review of Aegean Restaurant

Aegean Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 205 Restaurants in Framingham
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed December 26, 2011

The quality of the food declined and the prices inclined when they moved from a hole-in-the-wall to a beautiful new facility a few years ago. The family hired a "manager" and we finally quit going after several poor experiences. We tried it again recently, we missed their salads and broiled seafood platter. The food this time was much much better. Two notes: service is still very spotty, and they use adulterated olive oil on the salads, but so does almost every other restaurant in America. There is very little truly pure, extra virgin olive oil, it's too expensive. Virtually all imported "Italian" extra virgin oil is adulterated with oil from Africa, Spain, even hazelnut oil from Turkey.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We always enjoy this restaurant. The food is excellent and we love the desserts. Check the menu on line. The salads served with Feta and the oil and feta dipping sauce for bread are so good, but don't fill up on them because the menu has lots of tasty things. The Seafood Casserole, Shrimp with Feta and Spinach Pie are three favorites, but there are so many dishes we can't really name all of the best ones. The dessert tray has many enticing items, including one we really enjoy, the little fried donut whole things, which are great for sharing. They're dipped in a honey mixture - oh so good!! This restaurant is definitely worth a visit! (Dinner for six, and drinks for four, including tip and two shared desserts was less than $200.)

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I thought this place was just okay. The food itself wasn't anything special. Nothing bad, just nothing blew me away. Our server was friendly. Personally, I didn't really care for the atmosphere. It was trying to be upscale, but almost felt like it was trying too hard. The space is gigantic to the point it feels cavernous.

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We arrived at this restaurant without a reservation and were surprised when we were seated immediately. The parking lot and restaurant appeared to be full. Our waitress was attentive and efficient. The menu was nice - accommodating to seafood lovers as well as those who preferred salads or hamburgers. The food was great! Salad was fresh with great dressing and scallops were actually better tasting than those at a well known local seafood restaurant. I would go ro this restaurant again

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I'll preface this review by saying I'm not the biggest fan of Greek food, and olives and feta are on my Mt. Rushmore of foods I hate.

The company where I work has gone here for a Christmas lunch party the past few years. There were enough choices on the menu for even someone picky like me to find something great. I had this baked seafood casserole one year, and past with seafood another. A little on the oily side, and the garlic is a little overwhelming, but in general I enjoyed the experience. They also have quite an assortment of desserts, which are very tasty.

The atmosphere inside is very classy, but you can walk in casually off the street. Prices are reasonable for what you get. I'd go back for a special occasion sometime.