“There are MICE/RATS in the rooms. The worst and dirtiest motel ever.”
Review of Monticello Motel

Monticello Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I booked two nights on January 24, 25, 2013 in this monticello motel in Framingham while visiting some friends in Framingham, I wish I had read other customers' reviews here about their serious rat/mice issues in their rooms before I actually slept with a mouse for a night here !!!!!

I booked two nights for 127.34 USD, after waking up to urinate in the middle of the first night, I saw a mouse in the room, as I walked a few steps, the mouse ran and hid underneath the bed, Oh my god, I was terrified, no wonder the place smells so bad when I walked in the first place, it was the Rats. So I was terrified and called the front desk asking for a refund and I couldn't wait to move out to the next door best western hotel, the employee laughed and said ''so? a little mouse isn't going to hurt you, wait there, i will call somebody over to kill it for you''. is he joking? what kind of service and attitude is this? and he was laughing? what kind of business is this?

it was snowing outside, super cold, i was terrified, packed my things and waited outside, no one came by, 15 minutes passed by, i thought to myself, what is going on?, why on earth do i have to put up with this nonsense, i paid for a room, it has mice, here i am standing outside the door freezing my entire body off in the snow with my luggage and waiting for some guy to come over with a mouse trap to kill it so i could move back in and sleep again? what is going on??? It turns out that MICE AND RATS are very common in their hotel rooms, in their office, and many other customer also had mice in their rooms according to the employee and my talk with other customers in person. !!!! Disgusting !!!

so i called him, he told me to wait, someobody would come over, it was already 15 minutes ago, so i told him to forget about sending anybody over, are you kidding me? i went to the office myself and asked for a refund, he laughed and said no, he didnt have the power to do that, he gave me another hotel room key and told me to check it out myself if there is a rat, if there is, he would send somebody over to use the mousetrap to kill it for me, what a joke? is this real?????? i said '' are you kidding me,?'' i am a customer who paid money for a clean room without mouse, you told me i had no choice but to live in another room without knowing if there could be more mice, but if there are, which probably would be, and I would have to check out the room myself, then give you a call again in the middle of the night again and you would send someone to use mouse trap to kill them for me so i could sleep in that same room again before another mouse gets in from the dirty rooms you are providing?

he then said '' dont be scared of a mice, it is very commonly seen here, just like now, we killed some mice in other customers' rooms, even our office has mouse in the storage room because the weather is cold out here, what is this nonsense????????

so i asked him to call the manager, he said '' i can't, because this problem happens all the time and he's tired of dealing with it, that's why we have a paper here at the front desk saying no refund, if i called him, i am afraid i would get fired, so no, i am not going to call him for you, dont be scared of a mice, go back to your room and someone will go over to kill it for you''. so he called the maintenance guy and he said he was eating at a restaurant so give him about an hour before he comes to my room with a mouse trap to kill it for me, what is this nonsense???????? why do i have to put up with this nonsense?

i asked the employee to give me the number of his manager and i will call him myself, he said ''no, i am not going to do that for you, i would get fired and because this mouse thing happens all the time, take the new room and go check it out yourself, if you see mice, call me, i will send our guy over after he's done with his dinner to kill them for you, or go back to your old room and wait there, but the rat that is still in that room will not be killed until our guy comes back, that is it, i am not giving you refund, and relax, dont be scared of a mice, it wont hurt you, we even have mice in our office.''

what a joke!!!!, so for 45 minutes i was there standing in the freezing cold snowing winter arguing with this crook employee who forced me to go back and live in the room with a mice until his maintenance guy gets done with his dinner and use the mouse trap to kill it for me, or move to the room next door and go check it out myself if i see any mice, if i do, give him a call, he will call that guy when he comes back to kill it for me, no refund, and dont be scared of mice, and i will not give you my managers phone number and i am not going to call him for you.

what is this?, seriously, what is this nonsense????? how can this place still be in business in the US for providing such horrible and negligent service and a total threat and danger to human health in this rat infested place?

so i called 911 and the police told me to call the health department of the town to have that place shut down due to danger to human health for exposure to rats.

so the employee panicked and called the manager, but he wouldn't let me speak to him directly, they spoke for 2 minutes and he hung up, i asked what they discussed and why you didnt allow me to talk to him, he said he was sleeping, and said the same thing i have told you, no refund, and i could either go back and wait until someone comes over with a mouse trap to kill it or i could move to the room next door and check it out myself for any mice, if there are, give him a call. but no refund.

What is this nonsense????

so after arguing for another 15 minutes (by now already an hour) in the lobby, another customer came forward and also complained about mice in their rooms. he said the same thing, he told them not to be scared, a mice wouldn't hurt you, and also refused refund to them. what a crook.

then this crook employee told me i was starting to irritate him and told me to go back to my room, at that time, i was speechless and couldn't believe what i was hearing, what kind of business is it? this place really needs to be shut down, it is so dirty with mice in the rooms and these employee and manager are rude crooks who only hold on to your money and dont really give a damn about you. this is the kind of service i was getting. it is so ridiculous.......

so i left the place in a state of shock, while i exit the lobby this crook employee laughed and used a sarcastic tone, thank you for coming by, have a nice evening and i hope you enjoyed your stay with us, and said with a smirk and sarcastic tone, i just simply left in a state of disbelief. i went over next door to best western hotel, only 20 dollars more per room per night, super clean and beautiful and no mice in the rooms !!! when i told the front desk about the argument i had at monticello motel, the employee said yeah, we have had several guests who came from there to here because of the same issue, i really think someone should really do something to have that place shut down, it is just not healthy for the guests without knowing what they are getting themselves into.

when i came back home after my trip, i called the crook manager to ask for refund, he kept giving me excuse and saying that he had to call his employee and see what happened and he was busy he would call me back and blah blah blah, when i brought up the topic of serious rat problem in this hotel, he said i was threatening him, what????? and he denied refund. i explained my situation and asked for a refund for the service which i was never provided, why on earth would someone pay money to sleep in a room with rats and he again refused refund and did not even apologize or acknowledge the rat problem in his disgusting motel. He never admitted the problem and never ever even apologized.

I have recordings of the phone call when i called him. i will also post them on youtube so everyone could listen. The title is going to be Monticello Motel Framingham has rats in their rooms, search on youtube, i will poste them ASAP.

i am also taking this issue to the health department, it is about time for someone to do something about it. listen to them yourselves, and unless you want to contract any deadly diseases transmitted by rats, please by all means do not go there.

read other peoples’ reviews here and listen to my conversation when i confronted the crook manager for refund and the serious rat issues in his disgusting motel.

stay away.

i am so pissed writing this, i am voicing the truth about this disgusting monticello motel in framingham so you don't go through what i went through when visitng framingham.

I am also going to dispute my credit card charges with the bank from this disgusting motel. I am so pissed and feel scammed, ripped off, and being with disrespect and feel insulted.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
12  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have stayed twice now, and first chose the motel based on the price and its location near the Logan Express bus. Each time the room was clean and the service was very good. The owner is very personable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The motel is mediocre. The rooms are old, not very clean, and not very well soundproofed from neighbors and parking.
The location is just off the speedway, and just remote enough from the road to avoid most of the noise.
The breakfast is basic but eatable. We were there early, and we do not know how they fit their guests from 20+ rooms on their 4 tables!
Check in & out was fast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Monticello, and enjoyed it very much. It is very convenient, and the price is terrific. The staff is most helpful and friendly, and they really keep the place clean. There are several nice restaurants near by, including Zoftig - a deli/restaurant right on Rt. 9 heading into Boston in the Sherwood Plaza. m Even though the Motel is on Rt 9, it is set back from the road, so it is quiet at night - no traffic noises to disturb your rest. We will certainly stay there again whenever we come to Boston.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I chose this motel according to low price and location close to Boston. It's really close to highway. Walmart and few other stores are nearby. WiFi was very poor. Rooms was clean but the bath was really, ehm, bad. Personnel wasn't the best I've ever experienced. When I and my friends ask the guy from the desk where is the closest beer store he told us "I'll take you there!" But after few minutes he told us that all he wants are just two Heinekens... I think this is not the way he should deal with guests.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank jakubkollar
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed before 5 years and it's surprised me a lot. Nice people working and they always ready for customer service. Rooms are old style but clean. Bathroom need little modern touch...but i got everything what i paid for...

Continental breakfast surprised me even more in this price .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The staff was personable and professional, willing to accomodate to your needs. The location was ideal, right on Rt. 9 across from the malls, shopping, and supermarkets--eery conventient going to Boston or the suburbs.. The night times were very quiet; easy to get a good night's rest. They allows pets. The rooms were quite large!

Room Tip: Just tell management what you require and they wil try to accomodate you.