WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Monticello Motel

Monticello Motel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Montreal, Canada
“Mediocre motel, the only good part is location”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

The motel is mediocre. The rooms are old, not very clean, and not very well soundproofed from neighbors and parking.
The location is just off the speedway, and just remote enough from the road to avoid most of the noise.
The breakfast is basic but eatable. We were there early, and we do not know how they fit their guests from 20+ rooms on their 4 tables!
Check in & out was fast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This was the second time we have stayed at Monticello, and enjoyed it very much. It is very convenient, and the price is terrific. The staff is most helpful and friendly, and they really keep the place clean. There are several nice restaurants near by, including Zoftig - a deli/restaurant right on Rt. 9 heading into Boston in the Sherwood Plaza. m Even though the Motel is on Rt 9, it is set back from the road, so it is quiet at night - no traffic noises to disturb your rest. We will certainly stay there again whenever we come to Boston.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

I chose this motel according to low price and location close to Boston. It's really close to highway. Walmart and few other stores are nearby. WiFi was very poor. Rooms was clean but the bath was really, ehm, bad. Personnel wasn't the best I've ever experienced. When I and my friends ask the guy from the desk where is the closest beer store he told us "I'll take you there!" But after few minutes he told us that all he wants are just two Heinekens... I think this is not the way he should deal with guests.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank jakubkollar
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed before 5 years and it's surprised me a lot. Nice people working and they always ready for customer service. Rooms are old style but clean. Bathroom need little modern touch...but i got everything what i paid for...

Continental breakfast surprised me even more in this price .

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The staff was personable and professional, willing to accomodate to your needs. The location was ideal, right on Rt. 9 across from the malls, shopping, and supermarkets--eery conventient going to Boston or the suburbs.. The night times were very quiet; easy to get a good night's rest. They allows pets. The rooms were quite large!

Room Tip: Just tell management what you require and they wil try to accomodate you.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
West Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

I took my sister & nephew to Boston for 3 days. I had advanced reservations for this motel for two nights. We arrived @ 8;30 and by the looks of the place from the outside, I told them I wanted to do a walk-thru before we brought our bags in. Friends, be warned, this place is a complete DUMP! I was so embarrassed, we immediately turned around , got in the car and sought lodging elsewhere! I would give this place ZERO stars if that was an option. The room was run down, tiles missing in the outdated bathroom, dirty room & bad oder. A roach motel indeed! As stated in previous posts, I wouldn't be surprised if most of their business is hourly rentals. One more thing, our room looked nothing like the room on the website! Horrible!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelgirl6241967

Travelers are raving about these Framingham hotels

Framingham, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at the monticello for 2 nights to look at apartments in the Boston area. I choose it for its low price and convenient location but I will never make that mistake again. On my second night I was woken up by screaming guests above me who were having a physical and verbal argument at 2am. I was so concerned about the noise that I called the police. The police arrived and told me that the hotel was not safe and that I should not stay. I left in the middle of the night to drive to the marriot. When I called the next day to explain the situation, I expected the front desk to be horrified and comp me the night. Instead, he blamed me for not telling the front desk at 2am that I was leaving and said that he would charge me extra if I didn't return the key on time. It was a horrible experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kara T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Monticello Motel? Share your experiences!