Monticello Motel
$149
Hotels.com
$174
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I took my sister & nephew to Boston for 3 days. I had advanced reservations for this motel for two nights. We arrived @ 8;30 and by the looks of the place from the outside, I told them I wanted to do a walk-thru before we brought our bags in. Friends, be warned, this place is a complete DUMP! I was so embarrassed, we immediately turned around , got in the car and sought lodging elsewhere! I would give this place ZERO stars if that was an option. The room was run down, tiles missing in the outdated bathroom, dirty room & bad oder. A roach motel indeed! As stated in previous posts, I wouldn't be surprised if most of their business is hourly rentals. One more thing, our room looked nothing like the room on the website! Horrible!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelgirl6241967
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I stayed at the monticello for 2 nights to look at apartments in the Boston area. I choose it for its low price and convenient location but I will never make that mistake again. On my second night I was woken up by screaming guests above me who were having a physical and verbal argument at 2am. I was so concerned about the noise that I called the police. The police arrived and told me that the hotel was not safe and that I should not stay. I left in the middle of the night to drive to the marriot. When I called the next day to explain the situation, I expected the front desk to be horrified and comp me the night. Instead, he blamed me for not telling the front desk at 2am that I was leaving and said that he would charge me extra if I didn't return the key on time. It was a horrible experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kara T
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Was heading to Boston for the Sox home opener. After 7 hours on the road, I came here based upon an advertisement/coupon in one of the travel books at the Mass Pike service plaza. I didn't want to fight my way into the city. I went into the lobby (10 PM or so) to see a scruffy guy behind a dirty counter shooting the breeze with a somewhat scantily dressed female who was paying for her room in cash...hmmm, first flag. They seemed to be known , like she was a weekend regular. I was quoted a price and when i presented the coupon which advertised $30 cheaper, he rolled his eyes and advised me that was for a non smoking single, but all he had was a double.. OK, so the price was a bit more on the upsell, but I was tired, and the place advertised free breakfast. I went to my room, and found it next to a busy room with some folks obviously having a good party, including an barrel of empties out front and the door open. OK, I am tired. My room was old, tired and not very clean, but I checked for bugs and none were there. All night i was treated to the sounds of cars coming in and out, NOT staying, and when I was looking out the window, it seeemed to me that this was a very popular destination for very short term (by the hour) visits to several adjacent rooms. My guess is that some of the occupants were very busy entertaining a series of guests. The parking lot was shoddy, lots of loud music, loud voices , the works. In the morning, the neighbors were still leaving the door open, there were a couple ofnmpeople passed out in the room, several cases of empty beer bottles in and around the overflowing trash can, and several puddles of vomit...bad night. The free breakfast was laughable. The OJ was still frozen so it wasn't available (at 9AM), and cold cereal and bad coffee were the options. All in all,this is a scruffy place that is a cross between transient laborers and a hot sheet motel. I kept waiting for the vice squad to raid the joint. Never ever again.

Room Tip: get one in another Inn
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ronnyvous1
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I've stayed at the Monticello quite a few times over the last few years... When ever I'm in the Boston area on business, I'll stay there, great location, friendly staff, great value!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife and I stay here 3 times a year when we visit our daughter's family in Natick. The rooms are large, very clean, hot water and very quiet as the hotel is set back from Rt 9. Free wi-fi and refrigerator are pluses. Unbeatable weekly rates. Parking is right outside the rooms.so you don't have to navigate the lobbies, corridors and elevators. It's not the Ritz but it's a great deal relative to the name brand hotels in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family