“really tasty regardless if you are vegetarian”

Green Leaf Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 216 Restaurants in Framingham
Reviewed August 1, 2018

This place is a little pricey but they make all food fresh to order. They are very creative with their offerings from Asian-inspired to Mexican inspired to American. I love their lentil/apple/oatmeal loaf. What the restaurant lacks in atmosphere, it makes up for in taste. Portions are plentiful.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed July 28, 2018

Went to this with some friends who suggested it. It's in the northern extreme of Framingham, so away from the bustle of downtown or route 9, with a good sized parking lot. None of us are vegetarian but the menu had a decent selection of healthy food. I got the buckwheat spinach and squash salad as well as the tropical dream smoothie. Portions were big and all of us had enough for leftovers. Prices were fairly expensive so it was definitely a splurge. Service was on the slow side but overall we were all satisfied.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 25, 2018

I'll drive hours out of my way for awesome Vegan grub. This place was awesome in the old location and they are still awesome at this new location.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

This is a hard one to rate for me because there were differing levels of satisfaction among our party of 4. Also, I feel like I have to adjust for the fact that this is a specialty vegan/vegetarian restaurant and I am typically a meat eater. I decided to go with my thoughts only in terms of considering the actual star rating of 4 (although I did include my companions thoughts below as well). I tried all 3 of the dishes we ordered and thought 2 of them were quite yummy:

- I give the burrito my husband ordered a 7/10 and would definitely give that a try again. My husband was less enthusiastic as he didn't like the wheat wrap it was in (I thought the wrap was fine)
- I give the tex-mex pizza 9/10 and I would order that anytime even as a meat eater. My in-laws did not like it as much (but did like it as leftovers the next day - go figure)
- I absolutely did NOT like the sweet potato enchilada things. This is probably my fault however as I must not have read the menu carefully. I am almost sure after eating them that they were vegan (as I did not detect dairy of any kind and they were wrapped in paper thin zucchini slices instead of a tortilla). Had I looked at that carefully, I NEVER would have ordered that. My palate is just not accustomed to non-dairy/non carb and they tasted bland and horrible (hence why I ate everyone else dishes). Again, this is my fault for not reading closely. I'm sure vegans would think this was pretty tasty.

1  Thank Sarah3260
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Wonderful menu selection to include everything from fresh juices to dessert. Clean cozy atmosphere. This was my cousins first vegetarian restaurant experience so he had lots of questions. The staff was patient, accommodating and gave us lots of time to review the menu. We never felt rushed to make a decision which was important as my cousin looked up lots of the ingredients on his cellphone. Great place to take a person who wants to dip their toe into the veggie world of restaurants as they are sure to find a menu item that peaks their interest.