“Healthy food, OK service”

Green Leaf Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 210 Restaurants in Framingham
Reviewed July 28, 2018

Went to this with some friends who suggested it. It's in the northern extreme of Framingham, so away from the bustle of downtown or route 9, with a good sized parking lot. None of us are vegetarian but the menu had a decent selection of healthy food. I got the buckwheat spinach and squash salad as well as the tropical dream smoothie. Portions were big and all of us had enough for leftovers. Prices were fairly expensive so it was definitely a splurge. Service was on the slow side but overall we were all satisfied.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

I'll drive hours out of my way for awesome Vegan grub. This place was awesome in the old location and they are still awesome at this new location.

Reviewed June 25, 2018

This is a hard one to rate for me because there were differing levels of satisfaction among our party of 4. Also, I feel like I have to adjust for the fact that this is a specialty vegan/vegetarian restaurant and I am typically a meat eater. I decided to go with my thoughts only in terms of considering the actual star rating of 4 (although I did include my companions thoughts below as well). I tried all 3 of the dishes we ordered and thought 2 of them were quite yummy:

- I give the burrito my husband ordered a 7/10 and would definitely give that a try again. My husband was less enthusiastic as he didn't like the wheat wrap it was in (I thought the wrap was fine)
- I give the tex-mex pizza 9/10 and I would order that anytime even as a meat eater. My in-laws did not like it as much (but did like it as leftovers the next day - go figure)
- I absolutely did NOT like the sweet potato enchilada things. This is probably my fault however as I must not have read the menu carefully. I am almost sure after eating them that they were vegan (as I did not detect dairy of any kind and they were wrapped in paper thin zucchini slices instead of a tortilla). Had I looked at that carefully, I NEVER would have ordered that. My palate is just not accustomed to non-dairy/non carb and they tasted bland and horrible (hence why I ate everyone else dishes). Again, this is my fault for not reading closely. I'm sure vegans would think this was pretty tasty.

1  Thank Sarah3260
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Wonderful menu selection to include everything from fresh juices to dessert. Clean cozy atmosphere. This was my cousins first vegetarian restaurant experience so he had lots of questions. The staff was patient, accommodating and gave us lots of time to review the menu. We never felt rushed to make a decision which was important as my cousin looked up lots of the ingredients on his cellphone. Great place to take a person who wants to dip their toe into the veggie world of restaurants as they are sure to find a menu item that peaks their interest.

Reviewed June 3, 2018

I've been to Green Leaf twice now, and have been let down both times. My boyfriend and I have been vegan for almost 3 years now, and we've eaten at almost every vegetarian restaurant from NH to Boston to CT. I swear the only reason Green Leaf can even stay in business is because they're the only vegan restaurant in the immediate Framingham/Natick area. When compared to other Boston-area vegan establishments such as Red Lentil, Walnut Grille, True Bistro, or even Veggie Galaxy, Green Leaf underperforms in terms of food quality and pricing.

Yesterday, we went to Green Leaf for brunch. My boyfriend ordered the Tempeh Scramble, which somehow didn't actually have any tempeh in it -- basically just a meager serving of potatoes and onions. And for some reason it was served with... tortilla chips? How do those two things go together? Tortilla chips are never served with breakfast plates -- unless you're having some kind of breakfast platter at a Mexican Restaurant.

I ordered the Vegan Caesar Salad -- which probably should have been called "Black Onions and Dole Salad Mix drenched in Light Italian dressing... hardly worth $12. As I said earlier, I'm a 3-year vegan and I've eaten MANY vegan caesar salads. Why was the dressing so thin? Why not add a few other vegetables or croutons? Why did you only serve this with 4 tiny strips of tempeh?

The only saving grace on the menu is their Gobi Manchurian. So SO good. It makes me wonder if they should specialize in Indo-Chinese cuisine, because if the rest of the menu was at THAT level, this place would be amazing.

So, unfortunately, as much as I want Green Leaf to be a good restaurant, it's just not. The prices don't align with the food quality, and the menu is poorly executed. I won't be back. If you want high quality vegan food, check out any of the places I listed in the first paragraph of this review.

...But maybe order a Gobi Manchurian from Green Leaf for the ride.

1  Thank heidifaith0