“I really like this place; great beer, good food, fun atmosphere”

John Harvard's Brew House
Ranked #11 of 204 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoppers World Drive. 2nd entrance
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This might not be the right place for everyone, but to me it's a really good spot. It's not an ideal spot for families for instance, altho it is just fine if you decide to go there with kids. And it's not a romantic restaurant by any means. But if you are looking for a great bar, with nice bar tables and low tables in the bar area, along with plenty of flat screen TVs and great beer....this might be for you. The menu isn't vast, but the salmon I had was very good. I'd say go here for the atmosphere and beer first, and the good quality food second.

I think on a slow night it probably has a very different vibe, but we were there on a Sat night and it was a lot of fun to sit at the bar and eat among a fun crowd.

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

Lunch was standard-- we tried the chips for appetizer and the blackened tilapia salad for lunch. It was average. Decent service.

1  Thank OnTheHill33
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Went to the Framingham location to have a growler re-filled but was told that they do not refill growlers. They forced us to buy a new growler. This is the only brew pub that I know that does not take back their growler and provide their customer a price reduction

1  Thank dmc01756
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I guess I prefer this or Framingham Beer works out of all the pub restaurants in the area. The foods fine and the ambiance is fine and the service is a solid fine as well.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

I've been to my share of brew pubs and they are usually unremarkable. This John Harvard's is tucked away in the corner of a strip mall at Shopper's World. Some business colleagues and I headed there for an early dinner. We were seated immediately and our service was good. They had a good beer selection – I had the Oktoberfest & Fresh Hop IPA. The thing that stood out the most for me was the quality of the food. The Shepard's Pie was excellent (made with beef, though, and not the traditional lamb). A colleague had the fish 'n chips which also looked very good (she confirmed).