“Food Posioning”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoppers World Drive. 2nd entrance
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We've been to John Harvard's a number of times; generally the food is too salty but reliable and the beer is good. This time however I ended up with vicious food poisoning; leaving me more ill than I'd felt in 20 years and out of work for two days. Needless to say we're not returning.

3  Thank Flyingsfun

Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Went out with some co-workers and its definitely a brew house first, restaurant second. They do have a great layout and lots of work folks head there and stay for a long time. I got a burger and there wasn't nothing spectacular about it. Our server was great, pretty funny actually. Really knowledgable about what was on tap.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

I like John Harvard's and have been there a number of times. It's a good place to meet friends for a meal and drinks. Not fancy, but OK food (not gourmet, but tasty) and good beer. The place tends to be a bit noisy and crowded, but that's part of the fun, as long as that's what you're in the mood for. Staff is generally efficient and does not rush youi.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Tucked away in the corner of a strip mall, the beers here are many and the quality excellent. The pub food is hearty and good value.

There's lots of choices for places to eat and grab a drink along route 9 in Natick and Framingham, but this place stands out.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I decided to give this restaurant a second chance after a previous visit that included a charred "medium" burger and burnt brownies in a sundae. Lesson learned after this visit - don't go! The service was attentive but the food is just disgusting and expensive on top of it. I had a salad that was absolutely inedible - something in it had a chemical aftertaste and after fishing around to try to figure out what to avoid, it just wasn't worth it. The server asked if I wanted it wrapped up (since I only ate about 5 bites) and I told her about the chemical taste. She said that she would let the kitchen know and that was the end of it. No adjustment on the bill or anything. Bottom line: don't bother.