“Don't Bother”

John Harvard's Brew House
Ranked #10 of 203 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shoppers World Drive. 2nd entrance
Boston
“Don't Bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

I decided to give this restaurant a second chance after a previous visit that included a charred "medium" burger and burnt brownies in a sundae. Lesson learned after this visit - don't go! The service was attentive but the food is just disgusting and expensive on top of it. I had a salad that was absolutely inedible - something in it had a chemical aftertaste and after fishing around to try to figure out what to avoid, it just wasn't worth it. The server asked if I wanted it wrapped up (since I only ate about 5 bites) and I told her about the chemical taste. She said that she would let the kitchen know and that was the end of it. No adjustment on the bill or anything. Bottom line: don't bother.

• Visited January 2013

Conway, New Hampshire
“Bartender was a complete idiot”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was a go to spot for me when in the area on business. Most of the time I am able to sit at the bar and the food is average. I ordered a Pale Ale and was a little disappointed in its lack of flavor so I commented on its lack of flavor. Me: Gee I thought this would have more flavor. Fat Bartender: What did you expect? some California Beer? Its our most popular. Me: well, I just expected more. Can I try the pilsner? I get it and its even worse. Fat Bartender: What do you think? Me: I don't like it Fat Bartender: I thought so, nobody likes it, it sucks. Me: Check please.
The Fat Bartender needs to find another job, maybe Walmar. Me, I need to find another beer barin Framingham. I'm headind to The British Beer Company

• Visited December 2012
Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
“Noisy but good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Food was good - it was a fun place to go, however very noisy for dinner…quieter at lunch. They offer a good selection of beers on tap. Fish and chips were tasty and their pot pie was great!

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Great Homemade Draft Ales with excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

This place has it right. There are many choices of draft beers and ales that they make to satisfy any taste. Beer and Ale is their specialty with a lmited selection of wines. The food choices are varied, freshly prepared and presented well. Their portions are generous at reasonable prices. My wife loves this place..

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great brew, great food and selection”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Went on a family evening after seeing Skyfall in Jordan's IMAX. No reservations accepted on weekends. We had to wait but it wasn't too bad. This place is popular and busy. The brew is great. We shared a pitcher of their Harvest Spice. The glasses came rimmed in spiced sugar! It was so good. We tried the calamari as an app and it great. They give you this amazing warm bread with dipping oil first. We all tried something different for our meal. Dinner salad, Shepard pie. Chic Mac 'n cheese, and a burger. Everything was great. We shared their special dessert Pumpkin bread pudding with ice cream. Wonderful. Can't go wrong here.