“Great casual Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great casual Mexican”
Reviewed July 2, 2012 via Local Picks

This place is very casual, so not really suggesting it for a date night. But for some yummy Mexican, at very reasonable prices it fits the bill. Very friendly service too.

Framingham, Massachusetts
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We recently moved to the area and have been trying all sorts of new places so that we can have some local favorites. I found this place online and we decided to give it a go. The area isn't the greatest, but as soon as you pull up to the restaurant it feels like you've been transported to Mexico! The restaurant is bright and festive. We were seated right away and our waitress was very sweet. She immediately brought us some chips and salsa which were great, and helped me decide between two options when I was stuck, saying, "The tacos are my favorite!" I ordered the soft chicken tacos and my husband ordered enchiladas. Both were fantastic! The best Mexican food I've eaten outside of Mexico. We can't wait to go back!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Michelle S
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good authentic Mexican”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Very good food, lovely service, festive atmosphere. Very consistent. Owners are wonderful brother and saister. Highly recommended,

• Visited March 2012
Natick, Massachusetts
“Authentic food in a festive atmosphere”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have lots of nearby Mexican restaurants, but Aztec is the one my husband have been going back to for years. It's a small place and the "industrial" neighborhood isn't that great, but the good, authentic food and the reasonable prices are why we return. It doesn't look like much from the outside, but inside it is clean, brightly painted and decorated with fun stuff direct from south-of-the-border.

The salsa is fresh and the chips are made on site. The flan is *excellent*. The "house" margarita isn't bad. Favorites from the menu include: the Canasta Platter of appetizers, the taco salad, the chimichangas and quesadillas, and the excellent pan-fried tilapia.

• Visited March 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“Worst meal in a long, long time.”
Reviewed March 24, 2012 via mobile

Took my college-age son and three friends out for dinner while on a visit. While we were seated relatively promptly, that would be the end of anything right. After 20 minutes of no drinks, no ordered taken (but puzzling mini-visits from three waitstaff asking if we'd been asked for drinks), I finally flagged down a server who was resetting tables to at least get some drinks on the table and an appetizer order in. She came to take the order but informed us they no longer make pupusas and were out of green salsa. Our appetizers arrived and were consumed - still no dinner order taken. And it really wasn't that busy! Flagged down another waitress to take our dinner order and it took her three trips to the table to get it written up! One meals began to arrive, they were staggered so far apart that the first was stone cold before the last showed up. One was even delivered to the table next to us before landing on our table. Fajitas are supposed to be sizzling, but not so much the meat is burned black and tough as nails. The kids were laughing about the amount of smoke coming off them wondering if the smoke alarms would go off! Hours later I could still smell the acrid stench of scorched meat on my clothes as I drove home. I did notice large double pours of tequila and Red Bull heading over to the kitchen side of the place...perhaps this was the main trouble that night. But I will not be back.