“Birthday Dinner for my mom who turned 80 🙌🏻”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 215 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: No one wants to get lost at sea, but those who have a taste for fun do enjoy long visits in our Natick/Framingham restaurant. Beach yourself in our dining room for seafood, rock the boat in our lounge or reel in some fresh catch in our drive-by takeout window. For the home chef, we sell live lobsters to go.
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

I took my Mom for her 80 th Birthday.. The food was ok not the best .. We started with the fried clams, which were absolutely delicious .. Crispy and fresh .. That is were it ended being great .. I had the shrimp scampi it was just ok .. Not many shrimp and very bland .. My mom had the haddock which was nothing special just some breadcrumbs and butter .. The worst service I have received in a long time .. Our waitress was more concerned about turning over the two top than being a good waitress.. I had been given a $100.00 gift card and the bill was over that by 40 dollars so I added my credit card with my gift cards .. Well the waitress charged the card 140.00 dollars because she said she did not see the gift cards .. So she said no worries you will be refunded your money in 3 to 4 days .. The whole experience was not great .. We were just at the Boston legal seafood and it was fantastic..

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 24, 2018 via mobile

Being from the south and the culinary seafood meca it is easy to define excellence. Legal Seafood has a super friendly team and the food is excellent!

Reviewed June 24, 2018

I'm not a fussy eater and I don't like to complain about food. I don't mind spending a "pretty penny" to enjoy a special meal in a fine restaurant. I'm a born-n-bred New Englander that loves his seafood.

We went to Legal Seafood last night to reconnect with some old friends. We won't be rendez-vous-ing at Legal's ever again.

The service was poor.
The prices exorbitant.
The food of disappointing quality.
The restaurant noisy.

I don't mind spending a good deal of money for a nice meal - but last night we spent a good deal of money for something totally mediocre.

Among us we ordered: fried calamari and steamers for appetizers to share; a cup of clam chowder; a crab cake entree; a lobster Florentine; and cioppino.

The steamers were good. Cooked properly and still piping hot when served. The calamari was very greasy (to the point that oil was in puddles on the plate when we were done) and cold. Cold and greasy isn't very appealing in my book.

I ordered the clam chowder because it's been so many years since I've had a good one - and Legal's is supposed to be top shelf. Well - it wasn't. Potatoes were plentiful in it - clams were not. And there was virtually no flavor to it. When ordering I thought: $6.95 is a bit pricey for a cup of chowder, but I really wanted it. Result: $6.95 is very pricey for a totally mediocre cup of chowder.

My husband ordered the crab cake with salad. For $18.95 he got one good-sized crab cake with a salad. That's a lot for a single crab cake. It's even more for a very over-cooked and, therefore, very dry crab cake.

One of our friends ordered the Lobster Florentine - lobster with a creamy spinach Florentine sauce. What she got was a baked-stuffed lobster with no sign of the advertised spinach, cream, and cheese. We asked our waitress if this was correct and she said it should have the spinach in it. She went to the kitchen and came back and said that all the plates they were preparing in the kitchen looked just like it. That simply left us confused. They were not serving what was described on the menu. Our friend was disappointed - but the lobster was cooked correctly, and she did enjoy it. $34.95

Our other friend and I had the cioppino. The broth had a really nice flavor - but the seafood, with the exception of the mussels, was all seriously over-cooked. The half of the lobster tail was so over-cooked that it was a struggle to get it out of the shell (I've eaten more lobsters than I can count - and so it wasn't a "user error") and it was dry and hard. The scallops were cooked to the point of being rubbery - as were the shrimp. If appropriately cooked, I would say the dish should be priced at $24-26. It cost $32.95. That's a lot of money for rubbery seafood in a tasty broth.

The drinks were good. But even on the fluids they fell down - I couldn't get my water glass refilled. Refills on water were never offered - and when asked, she said she'd get me some - but it never materialized. Not a federal offense, but it just fits in quite perfectly with the totally mediocre experience. It's not that hard to get water right.

Decades ago Legal Seafood came into being as THE authoritative seafood restaurant. In those days it really was a treat to go to. They have apparently laid back on their laurels and the good name they've built up over time. But, they no longer deserve it. It was ridiculously expensive for what we got.

The best thing I ate last night was the strawberry shortcake for desert. It was perfect. Too bad we weren't at a bakery instead of a seafood restaurant - because the dessert was the star of the evening, and not a single bite of seafood made runner-up.

I won't ever go to a Legal Seafood again. They should change their tag line from "If it isn't fresh, it isn't Legal" to "if it's Legal, it's a crime."

Reviewed June 21, 2018

Basically, the best restaurant in the general Framingham/Natick area. Very reliable, consistent. Loved our shrimp cocktails, cauliflower app, oysters... lobsters. I'm hooked on the margaritas, which I never expected, but they are excellent. Of course the wine list has always been a nice asset here, some great choices and very good restaurant pricing. Very nice service too.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Best clam chowder you'll ever find and during professional games they discount gallons of it for the fans.

Date of visit: March 2018