“Love the food and the service”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 203 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: No one wants to get lost at sea, but those who have a taste for fun do enjoy long visits in our Natick/Framingham restaurant. Beach yourself in our dining room for seafood, rock the boat in our lounge or reel in some fresh catch in our drive-by takeout window. For the home chef, we sell live lobsters to go.
Tucson, Arizona
“Love the food and the service”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Legal is a favorite every time we visit the Boston area. They are consistently excellent. No matter what dish you choose you can't go wrong.

Visited December 2013

Middletown, Connecticut
“First Timer”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

While my boyfriend and I were staying in Framingham, we decided to try out Legal Sea Foods since we enjoy, well, seafood! We reserved online which is highly recommended on a weekend. Once we arrived we were immediately seated and they were ready to take our orders. The servers were very knowledgeable about the foods that were served since my boyfriend suffers from dairy and egg allergies. They were very cooperative and patient with us. The best dish that we ordered was the Blackened Tuna Sashimi. The rest of my dishes, which was the assorted fish, was quite bland and not really full of flavor. It is a very expensive restaurant so if you are expecting to pay 50$$ or higher you can definitely try this place out. Even though the servers were nice the food wasn't really up to par. I am not sure if I would visit here again.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Legal has gone downhill”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I used to enjoy Legal, but they seem to have cut corners over time. I would consider this a general sentiment about Legal and not just regarding this location.

I used to eat there semi-often but started noticing I would get migraines after eating there, so one day I asked the waitress about some of their ingredients and was informed that they use MSG in their batter, so all of their fried food has MSG in it (presumably causing my headaches). I emailed customer service with some questions and concerns about this, since I don't think of MSG as something that better restaurants use, and they never replied. I went back again last night and the waitress was very helpful at making sure I avoided food with MSG - her service was wonderful. However, last night I was informed that even the rolls have MSG in them!

Aside from their rampant use of preservative laden flavor enhancers, my experience last night was mixed on the food. My $29 entree came out cold (and before the rest of my family's); it was a mixed platter, with some of the fish tasting wonderful (the shrimp and scallops) but the crab cake was bad -- it tasted fishy -- making me believe it was not the freshest of crabmeat. The soup of course, is always wonderful. I'm sad to say that I used to enjoy Legal as a go-to place to get a bowl of chowder and a consistent bite to eat but no longer -- they are officially off of my list.

New Haven, Connecticut
“Overpriced seafood restaurant”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We went here as a group, the food was okay, the portions very small for the prices charged, and the service was good.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank BC-Eagle-70-74
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Clam Chowder was incredible, Rest was just Average”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The clam chowder was incredible, but the entree with the scallops, shrimp and crab cakes was not very tasty. it was just lukewarm and did not really have a distinct taste. It was one of those OK meals - nothing special just OK.

1 Thank John N