“First time here. WOW!”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 204 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 9
Description: No one wants to get lost at sea, but those who have a taste for fun do enjoy long visits in our Natick/Framingham restaurant. Beach yourself in our dining room for seafood, rock the boat in our lounge or reel in some fresh catch in our drive-by takeout window. For the home chef, we sell live lobsters to go.
“First time here. WOW!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

We both had the swordfish special. Perfectly cooked on top mashed sweet potato. Yummy! The waiter Anthony was one of the best waiters we ever had. Perfect meal and service. Just wish there was one in Maine.

1 Thank Ecpool1

Pine Mountain, Georgia
“Service Wonderful, Food Terribly Disappointing”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Let me say at the outset that I am a 20 year fan of Legal Sea Foods, and I eat at this particular Legal restaurant several times a year - usually with business associates. The decor is modern and bright, and the atmosphere of this restaurant is always very pleasant. It can get noisy during peak hours, so if you want an intimate conversation, avoid prime time. On this visit, my colleague and I were seated immediately and service throughout the meal was attentive and efficient. We ordered a Woodgrilled Center Cut Swordfish filet and a Woodgrilled assortment of 3 fish (tuna, swordfish, salmon), shrimp, and sea scallops. My colleague's Swordfish Filet was beautiful, and the shrimp and scallops on my Woodgrilled Assortment plate were delicious, but the 3 different fish filets on the Assortment plate were very thin (< 1/2 inch - tail leftovers?), overcooked, and so tasteless that one could barely tell the difference between them. The broccoli & cheese side that came with the Woodgrilled assortment had no cheese and would have still complemented the fish perfectly except that it was so overcooked that it resembled microwaved Birds-Eye chopped broccoli. When asked whether I liked my meal, I did tell the waitstaff about the fish filets being tasteless, but it was not until after we had completely finished our post-meal coffee that a manager apologized and asked if he could bring me something else. I applaud the fact that the manager made some effort, but the point is that one should expect the quality of all food (especially fish!) at all Legal Sea Foods restaurants to be much better than this - particularly given its price and reputation. Unfortunately, this experience will make me think twice about choosing Legal Sea Foods in Framingham for my next business dinner when there are other seafood restaurants in the Natick/Framingham area (Dolphin Seafood, for example) that may be less famous, but more careful with the food they prepare.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice Place”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had called ahead to make reservation ( 6 people) - arrived at podium and we were taken to the table once they found someone to escourt us (little confusion) excellant food and service BUT where we were seated could be improved. We were seated just outside the the service area and you could hear the noise and sometimes sad comments being made - even mgmt would walk thru and just accepted it. Wait staff could use much better judgetment - sure we are all human but realize the comments are being heard and why mgmt would allow or even the cooks....but I highly recommend to you to always enjoy a delicious meal at Legal. We have been going to legal for 15+ years and even when I fly out of Logan I will go to Legal there and get a bowl of chowder while waiting for my flight...........

Auckland, New Zealand
“much improved”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

the last time I ate at this establishment, February 2012, it was most unpleasant. This time, September 2012, it was as if the entire staff had been changed. The service was prompt. the food was excellent. The atmosphere was what I have experienced at other Legal Seafoods. i cannot say what caused the change, but I would highly recommend this store now.

Boylston, Massachusetts
“A traditional New England seafood restaurant”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Very popular and no wonder--they serve fresh New England seafood that is delicious. A little pricey but well worth the additional cost. Atmosphere is also great. Legal is so popular that they also have 5 of their restaurants in the Washington, DC area where they fly fresh seafood in.

Visited August 2012

Been to Legal Sea Foods? Share your experiences!