“Great food, I agree that the smile is lacking with the service”

Tennessee's Real BBQ
Ranked #42 of 203 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Framingham, Massachusetts
“Great food, I agree that the smile is lacking with the service”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I really love this place, it is a go-to place for a quick but "real" meal for my family as we all love BBQ. We love the sauces and have bought them in bottles. The food is delicious and it's so much better than "fast food" in so many ways. The prices are reasonable and the portions are generous. However, I have to agree with thepiratemorgan that the woman at the counter was not friendly, didn't attempt to seem happy, and definitely didn't believe in service with a smile. Since we were with someone who was from out of town and had never been there before, we needed a minute to allow our friend to read through the menu and figure out if we wanted to share anything. While we were discussing, she blatantly rolled her eyes at us. Lady, I work in retail and no matter what your mood is, you need to let each and every customer see the best side of you since you are the face of the business. We will definitely go back and not let her attitude sway us, since we have been going there for years and this was the first time we had this type of experience. But if this had been our first time there, I'm not so sure we would rush back for more attitude.

• Visited October 2013

Central NY
“Decent BBQ, Reasonably Priced, Service Smile Lacking”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

First impressions are everything and the girl at the counter was more than lacking in spirit, care, or attention. Should have known when she was yawning as we slowly walked up while browsing the expansive menu up on the walls (yes walls, as in multiple wall locations that offered different menu items). She offered no help and was just plain cold. Maybe it was her bad haircut and style (a "bucktail jig" frosted look) that made her a mad person. One star removed for that!
Food was on par for what I consider BBQ (slow smoked meats). They were a bit dry from probable re-heating to serve. I had the Memphis Ribs that were a good portion and slathered with BBQ sauce. The needed the sauce as they were, as mentioned, slightly on the dry side. Not terrible, but dry. The fries were decent, the "coated" kind. Mac & Cheese was nothing to write home about, although I can only compare it to my wife's phenomenal Mac & Cheese.Wife had Beef Brisket sandwich and the beef was very good, but again, slightly dry. Daughter had the BBQ chicken kid's meal and the chicken was very good and moist. She had cornbread which was very good and moist also.
Overall, the food was decent, the price was on par to what I've paid for good BBQ, but the first person you come in contact with shouldn't be a miserable looking person ...cheer up the joint....you don't have to yell "Welcome to Moe's" as we walk in the door. But a friendly "Welcome to the Best BBQ this side of Boston" or something similar with a smile, as your walking up to the register, would do wonders for peoples spirits and attitude toward the establishment. You don't get a second chance at a first impression and word of mouth (especially in the era of social media) is your best advertisement.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank thepiratemorgan
“Catered my BBQ!”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

When I have a summer BBQ, I will never cook again! Tennessee's came through for me and knocked it out of the park! Everyone that came to my party loved the food and I can't thank them enough! The wings, ribs, mac n cheese, etc... YUM! Also, their corn bread is the best that I have ever had. Thank you.

• Visited August 2013
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I love the ribs, brisket, mac&cheese, collard greens, and wings. People working there are really friendly, and I have never had a bad meal there.

Visited June 2013
New Jersey
“Many Miles From Memphis”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Rustic southern atmosphere but average fare. When I go to a BBQ joint I like to order a little of everything, which allows me to see if they can really deliver great food across a variety of dishes. On this trip I did 12 wings (hot), BBQ beef with three sides (collards, cole slaw and cucumbers) and North Carolina pulled pork. The BBQ beef was very good as well as the collards. They also sell a beef brisket dinner but it was $3 more than the BBQ beef and I could not get a straight answer to what made them different.

The BBQ dinner was about 1/2 pound of very tender beef. You can "pump" three different sauces (Mild, tangy and hot) from what appear to be 20 gallon tin gas cans ... nice touch

The wings were average size, a bit too salty and nothing to speak about with respect to taste. The North Carolina pulled pork was lousy. I understand that this type of pork has a vinegar base but that wasn't really present on my palate.

The collards appeared to have a ham hock base giving it a smoky and exceptional taste. They were tender, not over salted and had a nice little spicy bite to them! The cucumber salad was closer to eating very thin sliced pickles which I like so it was OK. The cole slaw was below average. All sides come in a very small container.

One thing that made sense since I got my order to go was not to put the pulled pork on the bun. They keep the pork in foil and the bun dry. Too often by the time you get to eat, the bottom of the bun is saturated and you end up with your thumbs popping out the top!

• Visited March 2013