“Mostly pretty good”

CJ's NorthSide Grill
Ranked #111 of 204 Restaurants in Framingham
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Mostly pretty good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Been going here occasionally for breakfast for over a year now. A fairly small place with quite a few regulars at breakfast. Good inexpensive food, but I have had one constant complaint. They just can't seem to get their homefries right. Every single time they are totally black and charred. Good if you like the taste of carbon, but otherwise just plain overdone and burnt. I can't understand why more people haven't complained; seems like it should be a simple problem to fix.

• Visited February 2014

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“You really can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I go here all the time. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner. No matter when we go, the food is always good, prompt, and reasonably priced. I really can't complain about a thing except for perhaps seating can be hit or miss if you're going on the weekend for breakfast, its always packed!

• Visited July 2013
“Can't Go Wrong”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

I "discovered" this place purely by accident. I had an appointment near by and when I drove by I thought I would stop to bring a soda with me to my meeting. I walked in and the aroma was overwhelming. It smelled like my kitchen on Thanksgiving Day. Sure enough I saw a "Turkey Special" on the blackboard menu. I've been back several times. I've had breakfast, lunches and milkshakes (Frappes), all were very good. It can get a bit hectic and you often times hear the cooks shouting at each other but all in all I would recommend it.

Visited April 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Hip burger, dog & roast beef spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great roast beef, BLT, and pastrami sandwhiches. Another member of our party had the fried haddock plate ... it was huge and tasted very fresh.
The service was extremely friendly and its the type of informal place where I could hang on a hot summer's night. They have ice cream as well.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good, inexpensive breakfast!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

A small restaurant with baseball decor. Counter and table service. Breakfast is very good, and also cheaper than most places. Shannon is a terrific waitress!

• Visited March 2013