“Quiet in Beautiful Surroundings”

Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed 4 nights here in the 2 bedroom suite. It was a nice suite with up-to-date décor. Our air conditioner quit working one night, but we figured out it probably froze up so we left it off when we were gone during the day and it started up just fine that evening. The entire staff including breakfast attendants was excellent, friendly and helpful. We took a morning walk in the surrounding office park and it was beautiful with lovely landscaping. This is where Staples corporate is located, and I think many of the guests in the hotel were associated with Staples. The only downside to this location is that it is at the far west end of Framingham so you have to fight traffic to get into Framingham proper, but we stayed in Natick last visit and the hotel was not as quiet or in such lovely surroundings. The breakfast was OK, there were scrambled eggs everyday and a different breakfast meat and side like hash or breakfast potatoes everyday. The breakfast room gets very busy so go as early as possible. They also have an evening snack, however we were not there except on Wednesday and took a look at the pizza which did not look that great, but we did not choose this hotel for it's evening snacks so it did not matter to us. The evening snacks would be great for families with small children but I would get there right when it starts to get the food while it was fresh. We enjoyed the patio one evening. It was right outside the indoor pool, but the noise did not bother us. The ice maker in our fridge did not have ice in it, and we were not able to locate an ice machine. The tub area definitely needs more light but the vanity light was the absolute best I've seen in any hotel of any price. If we return to this area we will stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suites are worth the price. Much less expensive than two rooms. Our grown daughter...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

I know that your time is important and I appreciate you writing a review. I will certainly make sure that my staff knows that you enjoyed your stay with us. When back in the area I hope that we will see you again.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We spent one night on our way from Boston at the Residence Inn, Framingham. The hotel easily met our needs. The room was large, clean and quiet. Liked that there were two tvs. Also appreciated the Paul Mitchell shampoo. Check in was easy. The staff in the morning was very cheery and checkout was also a breeze. Breakfast was adequate (ok, the coffee could be a bit better--maybe should have made the pot in the room--but the baked goods were fresh) and seating wasn't a problem. The breakfast room and buffet area was also well kept.

Only two minor comments, both of which have been mentioned before. First, the hotel is a little complicated to reach off of the Mass Pike. Although very close to the highway, the route isn't totally obvious. And the hotel is in a big office park area so there isn't much extremely nearby.

Would like to thank the staff of the hotel for our enjoyable, but brief, visit. Would certainly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. I will certainly look into the coffee situation that you have mentioned. Again thank you for your time.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Stayed here in a 1 bedroom suite with family for 2 nights. Seems like the hotel has had a recent renovation cause our room and hotel looked fairly new. Plenty of space with couch, desk, and small breakfast table in living room. Kitchen has stove, dishwasher, and full size fridge We had a queen size bed in our bedroom. Curtains did a nice job of blocking out light. Despite the hotel being very full, we did not hear much noise. They have breakfast in the AM with scrambled eggs, waffles, sausage, potatoes, cereal, baked goods, juices. All the food was pretty good. Staff, particularly in the dining room, were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: only one elevator so would request a room that is not too far away from it
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you writing a review. Yes we are newly renovated. We finished our renovations in April. I am very glad you and your family enjoyed themselves. Again, thanks for your time and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here on a youth hockey trip and the staff could not have been nicer. Usually the staff are like hawks over the kids every minute and not allowing them to be kids. The breakfast was wonderful; it was a full breakfast which included hot and cold items. The pool area was a bit small for the hotel size and even though the suites where basically 3 rooms they were still a bit small and compact. We did get a roll away bed one night and it barely fit in the room (we could not shut the door that night). Overall it was a very nice stay.

Room Tip: if getting a roll away bed, beware it is a tight fit in the room and you can not shut the door.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

I appreciate your time in completing a review. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with the group. We do strive to make our guest comfortable during their time with us. Again, thank you for your time and I look forward having you with us in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

I only needed an overnight stay, but chose Residence Inn of Framingham because it had great ratings and was less expensive than other area hotels. I was not disappointed! My room was great. It was nice and clean even though I arrived (per pre-request) earlier than check-in and the hotel was at capacity. The front desk staff was very helpful. I took advantage of the complimentary hot breakfast the next morning and found a wonderful selection of hot items as well as the standard waffle maker. The muffins seeme bakery bought or homemade. Very nice. The coffee was great, too!

My only problem was a bathroom sink that kept backing up. When I notified the staff upon check out, they promised to have it taken care of right away. I have no doubt that they did.

I would not hesitate to stay at Residence Inn by Marriott in Framingham again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for your time in completing a review. I appreciated your note concerning the sink. We have since fix the drainage issue. I hope to see you soon and again thank you for your time.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was at the Cambridge Marriott and moved to the suburbs...this hotel is not for everyone. It is a bit out there but about 20 miles from Boston it was quiet, roomy and offered great value. The front desk was great and welcoming (fresh baked cookies at check in and for guests). Monday thru Wed evenings they have some option for a quick bite. The rooms have a large livingroom desk area with an efficiency kitchen. Full refrigerator, 2 burner stove top, microwave, coffee maker and dishwasher. It was worth moving this far west of Boston..roomy, no charge for parking and easy access to the Mass Pike. Terrific breakfast in the morning(included) fruit, oatmeal, make waffles, eggs, varied meat, egg and ham sandwiches, yogurt and bakery options etc. After paying for meals in Boston the rate was attractive with the inclusion of breakfast and no charge for parking. Cleaning great...folks are very nice. Terrific. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room which was fine.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for completing a review. I know your time is very valuable. I will certainly let my staff know that we exceeded your expectations. Again, thank you for your time and I hope to see you soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stayed at the Residence Inn during our weekend to Fenway Park. It's a newer hotel, very modern appointments and super clean. Located in an industrial park so there is nothing around there to get something quick late at night but it is only minutes off the Mass TP. The breakfast buffet was really good with the usual offerings. The hotel was very crowded and they made sure that nothing ran out in the buffet area. The gym room was rather large (did not use) and noticed it is open 24 hours. Plenty of parking.

Would definitely stay there again when traveling in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time in completing a review. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I will make sure to pass this along to my staff. Again, thank you for your time and hope to see you soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham

Been to Residence Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!