“Still Very Good”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
South Carolina
“Still Very Good”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We've stayed here many times, as we have family in the area. The staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are great. We like the separate bedroom. Great breakfast buffet, flat screen tvs in the bedroom and sitting area, free wifi. Have previously used the wonderful heated pool and the fitness room, no time for it this trip. I used the laundry facilities and was able to purchase laundry powder and dryer sheets at the front desk. Of course, it would have been more economical if I remembered to pack my own laundry powder and dryer sheets. The only thing that could use some checking is the bathmat that is adhered to bottom of the tub. It was grayish and I couldn't tell if it needed additional scrubbing or if it was supposed to be that color. I addressed this in a review directly to the hotel. All in all, we will be staying here in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and completing a review. I will pass along you kind words to my staff. I look forward having you with us in the future and agian thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here after BC/ND game because of price and location, its about 20 minuites outside Boston, just off and convenient to I90. Rooms were modern, clean and with the help of roll away, managed to get 4 into a one bedroom suite. Road noise was obvious when I woke up in the morning, but I didnt notice it overnight. Breakfast got good reviews from three 16 year old - eat everything in sight - boys. Definately would stay again.

Room Tip: Close to I90, some highway noise, but good value, modern & clean, quality breakfast
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and posting a review. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. This is our goal for all our guests and it is nice to know that we are doing so. Again, thank you for your time and I hope that we will see you in the future.
Hillsdale, New Jersey
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have successfully stayed at the Residence Inn in Framingham before and we were not disappointed this time either. Front desk people are welcoming and helpful--they called shortly after we checked in to make sure we were happy with the room. Breakfast was full of choices and the hot items were replenished often. It was very busy on Sunday morning, not as busy on Monday. Even though the hotel is located in an industrial area, it is nicely landscaped and would make for a great walk during the day--might not suggest that at night as it is rather deserted at night. The location is very convenient for hopping on and off Route 9 in either direction as well as the Mass Pike. Probably a sign that the hotel is always busy---the bathroom could use some sprucing up just to make it look a little nicer--some wear and tear. For the price and location, it is a good deal.

Room Tip: We have stayed on two different sides and found quiet. We prefer third floor and up for optimum qui...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I will certainly mention to my front desk staff your kind words. Comments like yours are greatly appreciated and I hope to see you again in the future.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We planned to stay there for 3 mths but left in just 20 stays. To start with good things...the view is great from the rooms...very green and quiet. Rooms are spacious, HD TV is awesome. Manager Derek and maintenance staff were very helpful with all the issues I had.Now the CONS....
1 BED:First of all their bed is terrible...too small and wen u sleep on side u'll keep sliding back in middle and u'll end up bumping into ur partner!!!
2 TV (whch I loved) had only few channels..nd also u can't connect ur laptop or Hard Drive to TV to watch any other movie!!
3 LAUNDRY: I spent almost 3 hrs just drying my clothes and wen I complained, the Front desk lady says...yes the dryer is not working and I'll refund ur amount!! Hello...its not about $2 but about the time I spent on drying my clothes. Finally at 12 am I finished laundry which I started at 5 pm. They should atleast put a sign on machines not working. She was extremely rude, infact most of the front desk staff was rude and of no help except the Manager.
4 SHUTTLE: The hotel doesn't provide shuttle service which is ok but atleast they should keep some information about the public bus which goes almost everywhere from Staples Drive. Since m not working and in hotel most of the time ...after walking around all over the place I finally found about the mwrta buses which could take me to malls and other places. My suggestion to Hotel...please keep bus timetables and Routes. Keeping only Taxi infornation in not enough.
5 POOL: The pool timings were unusual ...which opened at 12 pm.. The shower room was very smelly and pool was sad...looking at it u'll not feel like going in!! And we were surprised wen our keys couldn't open the door to the pool. As per hotel staff its a State Rule because of which you need to call staff people everytime u want to go to the pool...however, the Hotel where I am currently staying (in same state) with indoor pool has no such rules.
6. PHONES: The emergency phones in Laundry, pool and gym r never dusted I guess...especially the one in Laundry Room which had a thick layer of dust. Who will pick such phns!!
Strange...anyways we finally left and I feel at home now in my new room!!

Room Tip: If you like sunny rooms, take rooms on the right side of the hotel. Rooms facing back (above the poo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and completing a response. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. These reviews help us improve ourselves and are very helpful to our future guests. I will certainly make sure to take action on all your concerns that were mentioned. Again, thank you for time.
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed here 3 times in the past 2 years, twice on Labor day weekend. Rooms are good sized and suites have functional kitchens. Noisy A/C is one downside and it seems the breakfast buffet is always crowded but decent overall. Right off the Mass turnpike so it's a great lower cost alternative to staying in Boston if you don't mind the 25 minute drive in good traffic. Staff is helpful. Pets are allowed which can be a plus or minus depending on your view.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 307. Noisy machinery somewhere nearby ran all night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day and completing a review. I have spoken to my Chief Engineer concerning the noise from the unit in your room. I do appreciate you letting us know of that issue. This helps us improve ourselves in the future. Again thank you for your time and I hope to see you soon.
Montgomery Village, Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our reservation stated "Queen sized" bed, but the bed was a double. Also, when we checked in the room had a slight ammonia smell; the next morning, I noticed a pet alert hangar on the door so that explains the smell. In fairness to the hotel, we did not give them a chance to correct the problems as it was late and rather than the hassle of moving, we just wanted to go to bed. When i complained the next morning, the clerk apologized (but made no offer of compensation, but as it was an award night, I wasn't expecting anything).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. When I received this review, I can assure you that I have taken action to correct the issue with the room. We have certain procedures concerning room with pets because we are a pet friendly property and by your words it seems that these procedures were not followed. I have spoken to my staff so that this situation will not happen in the future. Again, thank you for completing a review and I look forward having you here in the future.
Summit, New Jersey
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We spent rhe weekend visiting friends and family in the Boston suburbs. The location was good and we trusted the reviews. This was the first time the reviews failed us!
Pros: good location. Nice staff.
Cons: LOUD air conditioning unit. Furniture and decor old and outdated. Breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for bring to our attention the issue with the air conditional unit. I have spoken to our chief engineer after we received this review and have corrected the problem. Reviews like this help us improve our selves and we greatly appreciate your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Courtyard Boston Natick

Been to Residence Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!