“Not a home away from Home!!”

Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Not a home away from Home!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We planned to stay there for 3 mths but left in just 20 stays. To start with good things...the view is great from the rooms...very green and quiet. Rooms are spacious, HD TV is awesome. Manager Derek and maintenance staff were very helpful with all the issues I had.Now the CONS....
1 BED:First of all their bed is terrible...too small and wen u sleep on side u'll keep sliding back in middle and u'll end up bumping into ur partner!!!
2 TV (whch I loved) had only few channels..nd also u can't connect ur laptop or Hard Drive to TV to watch any other movie!!
3 LAUNDRY: I spent almost 3 hrs just drying my clothes and wen I complained, the Front desk lady says...yes the dryer is not working and I'll refund ur amount!! Hello...its not about $2 but about the time I spent on drying my clothes. Finally at 12 am I finished laundry which I started at 5 pm. They should atleast put a sign on machines not working. She was extremely rude, infact most of the front desk staff was rude and of no help except the Manager.
4 SHUTTLE: The hotel doesn't provide shuttle service which is ok but atleast they should keep some information about the public bus which goes almost everywhere from Staples Drive. Since m not working and in hotel most of the time ...after walking around all over the place I finally found about the mwrta buses which could take me to malls and other places. My suggestion to Hotel...please keep bus timetables and Routes. Keeping only Taxi infornation in not enough.
5 POOL: The pool timings were unusual ...which opened at 12 pm.. The shower room was very smelly and pool was sad...looking at it u'll not feel like going in!! And we were surprised wen our keys couldn't open the door to the pool. As per hotel staff its a State Rule because of which you need to call staff people everytime u want to go to the pool...however, the Hotel where I am currently staying (in same state) with indoor pool has no such rules.
6. PHONES: The emergency phones in Laundry, pool and gym r never dusted I guess...especially the one in Laundry Room which had a thick layer of dust. Who will pick such phns!!
Strange...anyways we finally left and I feel at home now in my new room!!

Room Tip: If you like sunny rooms, take rooms on the right side of the hotel. Rooms facing back (above the poo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time and completing a response. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations. These reviews help us improve ourselves and are very helpful to our future guests. I will certainly make sure to take action on all your concerns that were mentioned. Again, thank you for time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Pennington, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

We have stayed here 3 times in the past 2 years, twice on Labor day weekend. Rooms are good sized and suites have functional kitchens. Noisy A/C is one downside and it seems the breakfast buffet is always crowded but decent overall. Right off the Mass turnpike so it's a great lower cost alternative to staying in Boston if you don't mind the 25 minute drive in good traffic. Staff is helpful. Pets are allowed which can be a plus or minus depending on your view.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 307. Noisy machinery somewhere nearby ran all night.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time from your busy day and completing a review. I have spoken to my Chief Engineer concerning the noise from the unit in your room. I do appreciate you letting us know of that issue. This helps us improve ourselves in the future. Again thank you for your time and I hope to see you soon.
Montgomery Village, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

Our reservation stated "Queen sized" bed, but the bed was a double. Also, when we checked in the room had a slight ammonia smell; the next morning, I noticed a pet alert hangar on the door so that explains the smell. In fairness to the hotel, we did not give them a chance to correct the problems as it was late and rather than the hassle of moving, we just wanted to go to bed. When i complained the next morning, the clerk apologized (but made no offer of compensation, but as it was an award night, I wasn't expecting anything).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. When I received this review, I can assure you that I have taken action to correct the issue with the room. We have certain procedures concerning room with pets because we are a pet friendly property and by your words it seems that these procedures were not followed. I have spoken to my staff so that this situation will not happen in the future. Again, thank you for completing a review and I look forward having you here in the future.
Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

We spent rhe weekend visiting friends and family in the Boston suburbs. The location was good and we trusted the reviews. This was the first time the reviews failed us!
Pros: good location. Nice staff.
Cons: LOUD air conditioning unit. Furniture and decor old and outdated. Breakfast was minimal.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for bring to our attention the issue with the air conditional unit. I have spoken to our chief engineer after we received this review and have corrected the problem. Reviews like this help us improve our selves and we greatly appreciate your comments.
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I decided to stay here in early June 2012 since it was a close walk to my meetings at Staples. Overall i did not enjoy my stay here for several reasons:

-i was charged over $150 in long distance for about 40 mins in calls to Canada. One call was for 1 min to check a voicemessage and it was $7 for that 1 min call. The hotel book doesn't list phone charges so i assumed it would be reasonable compared to other local hotels that i've stayed at (Sheraton Framingham was no more than $1-2 per minute which was much more reasonable). I disputed this with the hotel manager that could not offer any explanation for why rates were $7/minute when i have called from Europe for a lot cheaper than the outrageous rates they charge.
-room air-conditioner was really loud
-don't get a room at the back of the hotel - its extremely loud and you'll hear truck air-brakes at 4am. at one point, i had to get up at 4am to see if my window was open??!!
pool closes early - around 8pm.

Overall, i would not recommend this hotel and i would not stay here again.

Room Tip: avoid using the hotel phone
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. Due to your comments, we are taking steps to review our rates on our long distance charges. Comments from our guest that have stayed with us like yours helps us improve ourselves and I do appreiciate you for taking the time from your day completing a review.
east coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

This Residence Inn is just off of the Mass Pike and not far outside of Boston. It is in an industrial park and there are many corporate HQ's nearby. As a result, it is quite a busy place, full of people in business attire even on a weekend, which is when I stayed there. It is more of a high rise than most Residence Inns. The lobby was extremely busy for breakfast and the parking lot was packed at night. The rooms are typical Residence Inn rooms: well equipped and comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank ctandny
Thanks you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. All feed back helps us improve our selves. Again, thank you and we hope to see you soon.
Scottsdale, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

We decided to stay here for 2 nights after reading all the reviews. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful however the big dissapointment was the room: It was dirty and old and worn. The sofa had a stain on it, the kitchen was a bit tired and the bathroom was especially gross. The bathtub was so bad my wife refused to bathe our 2 year old. I am not sure why the other reviews scored this property so high, it may just be that this is the best option in the area, however, my wife has made it clear to me that we won't be staying here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
ResidenceInnGM549, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Framingham, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Please accept my deepest apologies and I appreciate you taking the time to complete a review. This is obviously not the standards we have here at the Residence Inn. I have spoken to both my Executive Housekeeper and Chief Engineer concerning this issues to make sure that this does not happen again in the furture. On behalf of the staff and managment, I do apologize for a less than ideal stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Courtyard Boston Natick

Been to Residence Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!