“Great Location and excellent value”

Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Pittsburgh
“Great Location and excellent value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2010

I've stayed at this location a number of times and it is a great location right off the Mass Pike and not far from Interstate 95. A great value and close to a number of restaurants.
Always got a good nights sleep.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2010

For 65$ per night inclusive of taxes, this place provides a good value for money. Granted, it is absolutely the motel type, but is relatively clean and well maintained. The rooms are normal sized, with a bit tired interior (that was not unexpected) and the linens were either there too long unused or they were not changed, as they were not as ‘crispy’ as you would expect of something that was just washed.
I checked in the morning before the usual check in time, with no problem which was appreciated.
The hotel is right next to exit 13 of the Mass Pike and is about 20 miles from Boston’s dead center.
I booked the rate through Expedia which advertised that the hotel had free wired internet included. That turned out to not be true and I had to pay for T Mobile Hot Spot daily access, which was not overly expensive at $8 per 24 hr period.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2010

When I checked in, I discovered that the toilet was clogged. Somehow, even though housekeeping had cleared the room after the previous occupant, they had neglected to unclog the toilet. So I went to the front desk (the staff member on duty that day was Regina) and asked that someone help to unclog the toilet. She went round the back and returned with a plunger. She thrust the business end at me and said, "There's no maintenance in today; you can try this." I was so shocked I couldn't even react for a moment; in years of staying at various types of lodgings, I'd never once been asked to clear a clogged toilet myself - particularly one that had not been caused by me but by a previous occupant!

Because I had to rush off that day, I left first. When I returned in the evening, housekeeping had cleared the room but had again refused to clear the clog. I could understand there not being maintenance staff on duty that day, but if the proposed solution was to use a plunger on the toilet, why could the housekeeping staff - or even Regina herself - not help to do it? Since when do guests have to perform these tasks themselves? What next? Should guests then have to change and launder the bedlinens themselves, or repair leaky faucets? It's a motel, not an apartment. Service is simply lacking at this motel.

Final clarification: The Red Roof Inn website coyly advertises WiFi availability, but it's not free. It's a T-Mobile paid service.

For the same price range, I recommend the Framingham EconoLodge instead.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pavelsw
MASS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

I stay here often - once - twice per month. I must comment on the professionalism and great cusatomer service from Regina, who works at the desk. She always remembers me and my preferences for room, location etc. Nice job Regina! And many thanks.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

Stayed there for one night on our way to Boston weekend trip to see some friends. Clean, no frills avg. hotel. Our room is facing the highway and it was noisy in the morning while truckers getting back on the road after their stay. No WiFi but there's some hotspot nearby where you can pay to get internet access. When we checked in, it was early morning already and the hotel was only half booked, it would be nice if the staff offerred to upgrade us to a room with a single bed...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I decided at the last minute to attend the U2 concert in Foxborough but wanted to stay away from Boston (too expensive) and Foxborough (not enough choices). We decided on Framingham as it was directly North of Foxborough and off the 1-90. Never having stayed at the Red Roof Inn we did not know what to expect. Upon check in I was expecting a pet fee or some sort of pet security deposit and was pleasantly surprised that pets stayed free. My only issue was that I had requested at check in a room facing away from 1-90 and at the end of the hotel (to avoid bothering any neighbours). Instead we got a room facing 1-90 and in the middle of the hotel. Fortunately the walls were pretty sound proof so we could not hear the highway too much and we figured since it was only for 1 night we would be okay with the room. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. We paid less than $70 US mid week for a standard room and we got something that could have easily been charged twice that amount and still be a steal. The hotel was close to a State Park (1.5 miles), Dunkin Donuts (700 metres) and Target (1 mile). If this is what other Red Roof Inns are like I would definitely stay at another one.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

We were a little worried since the hotel is literally right off the Mass Pike, but there was no noticeable noise from the highway or rooms above or on either side, which were occupied. The room was a modern and clean basic room. By basic I mean there was no iron, ironing board, hair drier etc. They did supply soap, a small packet of shampoo and a small (travel size) pack o f tissues. The room did have a small (dorm size) refrigerator and seperate microwave, We stayed a total of one night after catching a show in downtown Boston. The travel time to and from the water front was about 20 minutes by car. For our purpose, the room was perfect and good value at $70.00. As an added bonus there is a Dunkin Donuts next door and resturants just down the road.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Natick
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick

Been to Red Roof Inn Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!