“Disappointed especially after reading other reviews of this hotel”

Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Framingham
Reviewed April 29, 2011

First comment is about the staff at this hotel - who were professional, friendly and accommodating. The beds are quite comfortable. Our room was pleasantly quiet, despite being right near the entrance to Mass Pike (Route 90). Unfortunately that's the best I have to say about this hotel. The first room we were given smelled so strongly and bitterly of smoke, it was as though there had been a fire in it or someone had smoked in there for years. It was horrible; that room should not be rented. We went back to front desk and first they offered a can of air freshener (?!) but we refused that offer and then we were promptly given a new room, but we lost the fridge and microwave in the new room. The second room also stank of a stale mildewy smell masked by febreze or whatever - yuk. Anyway it was bearable so we stayed, but kept our door open a lot to let in fresh air and we thought about checking out the next morning. The bathroom floor was grubby and there was grunge around the shower controls. The phones went out of service throughout the hotel on Saturday morning and were still not working when we checked out Monday. We are looking for a decent, affordable hotel for our frequent trips to the area, but this place is not it for us.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Plus points: Lovely young trainee receptionist - Rachel?- who was really helpful and efficient. Super comfy beds. Easy access and parking right outside room.Very good rates.
Minus points: Right beside interstate highway and access road on the incline, so traffic noise is intense.Room heaters are on the top of walls- dont they know heat rises- so you end up with a very hot head and cold feet!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from highway.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2011

Picked this because of the access to Boston via the commuter rail. The next day we drove into a parking garage and saved a bunch of money just doing that instead. If I had to do it again, I would have stayed closer.

The hotel was quiet and the staff was cordial. The location is a bit tricky if you want to get out in the morning during or near rush hour for breakfast or dinner because it's a two lane road so heavy traffic is an issue. If you want to get on the turnpike, the exit if right down the road. Our room was decent, but wasn't spotless. I had to clean a few areas myself that were left untouched by the cleaning staff. Decent stay. If you want to go to Boston the Boston Common garage is $11 a day instead of riding the commuter line near the hotel (West Natick).

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2011

No, it's not the Four Seasons, but the Red Roof Inn in Framingham MA is far and away the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in (aside perhaps from a handful of really expensive places like the Four Seasons). It's always clean, and I have stayed here several dozen times. As usual, I'm sure it comes top-down from the manager, Dan, whom I have seen making his rounds through the parking lot and personally picking up any stray litter. Everyone seems to want to keep the place clean. Staff is always helpful and very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank prguy10
Reviewed November 9, 2010

good stay, well worth the price. came for a family affair, and location was very good. service and management were accommodating and attentive.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank samiam18
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I must say I was ahh about staying at the Red Roof Inn but all was either booked or like $200 a night or where I needed to go $350 and up. I wanted something for 2 nights to see my daughter at college. I was so pleasantly surprised. The room was basic but clean and newer and the hotel was literally right off 90 !! Within a mile or so there was a Target, home Good, Fast Food, Cheescake Factory, etc etc and an upscale mall about 1 mile with Neiman Marcus etc.Plus it was a nice area all around . The downside was the 15 mi\les I had to do back and forth but it was fine.. So the $99 I paid on the room saved me money for shopping and eating at great places. By the way ask how to get to MELS DINER for breakfast ..GREAT>> Just look at the hotel befor echecking in and request a room away from street on second floor its much quieter we had room 247 it was good.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Krisem
Reviewed November 1, 2010

This was my first stay at this Red Roof Inn & my husband and I were pleasantly surprised by a number of things here: the room, while small, was clean & comfortable; the service at the desk - both checking in & checking out - was efficient, helpful & friendly; it was a very quiet stay, dispite the fact that it was pretty full. Good value place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Framingham
Sheraton Framingham Hotel & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Boston-Natick
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
Magnuson Hotel Framingham
#4 of 7 in Framingham
Crowne Plaza Hotel Boston - Natick
Residence Inn Boston Framingham
Courtyard Boston Natick

Been to Red Roof PLUS Boston Framingham? Share your experiences!