“Beautiful Colonial style Hotel - warm and inviting!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
East Rutherford, New Jersey
“Beautiful Colonial style Hotel - warm and inviting!”
Reviewed February 23, 2011

I stumbled upon this hotel while driving down 95 and decided I should stop and stay. The front desk clerk was very courteous upon my arrival and upgraded my room at no charge because of current rennovations. The room I was in was wonderful, a front facing room with a queen size bed and a microfridge. The bathroom was gorgeous with granite countertops-simple yet elegant. I ventured out into Mansfield and found a nice chinese restaurant (which the clerk directed me to). The hotel had a work out room, which I liked having after eating a late night dinner. It was private and well maintained. I woke early and had a free breakfast (waffles and oatmeal, my fave!), and I was on my way. No check out needed, had my reciept when I woke and was ready to go. Like I mentioned before, they were doing some room rennovations, I'll def be coming back to see how those come out!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed January 27, 2011

The location is fine and it is nice to have a restaurant next door, but this old gal is showing her age. The staff was nice and the lobby very well decorated and clean. The rooms however could use a major overhaul. Double beds instead of queen, tube TVs that are near the end of their life and generally dumpy. The hallways were cold and aged. If I had heard a scream and gun shot in the night, I would not have been surprised. Time to put some money in this place and get back on the "A" list.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
CIMgr, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the 99 Restaurant onsite. We have recently renovated our hallways with new wallpaper and carpet. The final guest room renovations will be complete in April 2011. 32 inch flatscreen TV's will be installed during these renovations.
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed January 3, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a week or so ago and we had a wonderful time! The warm welcome of the front desk staff upon our arrival let us know this would be a great stay. The rooms are clean and cozy, the halls clean, and we love that it's in a quiet location. Not too far from shopping centers and from our favorite place to visit, Gillette Stadium! We also found out that its nearby the Comcast Center and will most likely be back for the summer. We have friends in the area, which was the reason for our stay, and would love to come back. The best part was the great breakfast included, we were up early and had our coffee, although there was a coffee maker in our room, which my lady liked to have her tea at night. We would recommend this place if you need a quiet out of the way place to lay your head for the night ! :)

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed November 27, 2010

I stayed here with a few of my friends because we heard this hotel offers a Wrentham Outlet Shopping package which included room, breakfast, free wireless, access to a workout room, free parking (with lots of spaces), and their wonderful staff is always on hand (all at a low rate too!). My friends and I try to make it down at least once or twice a year to shop, and we always stay here and always have a great experience. They also have a guest laundry, which is nice if you're staying for a while, and the convenience of the 99 Restaurant next door was great. Their staff is always friendly and knowledgable of the area, getting us where we need to go. With the holidays coming, we'll be staying again sometime soon!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank luv2shop3
London, Canada
Reviewed August 14, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel located outside of Boston but much more economical than staying right in Boston. Clean and quiet rooms. Convenient to the interstate or take the commuter rail into Boston if you don't want to drive. Nice complimentary breakfast to start the day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
London, Canada
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stay on the road on business every night from April -December and have selected Choice hotels for 4 years, so we have come to know what to expect from a hotel of this brand.I have never had a more HORRIFIC bad experience of Improper customer service ever.Their general manager (Kevin)is the worst i have ever encountered.Even their main receptionist Carrie was so ignorant as to not even ask us how was our stay(and we rented 2 rooms for over a week. the televisions are so old their is not A.V jacks for a playstation hookup. The parking lot is littered with garbage. If you get a room with a outside door it is covered with spider webs. Their vending machines were broken all week. The pay phone is broken-so statically you cannot hear.This guy Kevin is their Regional manager??? God help them, their housekeeping staff either rufuses too or cannot speak english. GO TO ANOTHER HOTEL , their is 4 others within 2 miles

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank leafscup2003
US
Reviewed June 17, 2009

... is all I remember. They mixed up our reservation and tried to put us in a smoking room. After twenty minutes of arguing, they gave us the "last available room" on a non-smoking floor. (Which actually still smelled like smoke.) All of this might have been forgiven if not for the cross face I received from the clerks. Bad attitudes make everything worse, don't they? Then, after coming back from a wedding, we found ourselves locked out of our room. Trekking all the way back down (we couldn't find a courtesy phone in the hallway), we find there was some mixup with our credit cards that they didn't catch when we checked in.

I shouldn't mention the roudy lacrosse team that overran the breakfast room because that, I suppose, was not the fault of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rileigh15
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!