“A little disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
MA/ME
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

We were really looking forward to trying Saga. I had heard the food was great. My husband and I love sushi so we made a date. We came with another couple on a Friday night for drinks and sushi. I made a reservation for the four of us. We ordered four appetizers to start. They all came out at different times, from 20 to 40 minutes after we ordered. They were delicious, however. Then after our waitress came back to take our sushi order, the same thing happened. She was very nice, but noticeably absent. I had to ask her three times to get me a water. I realize they are a relatively new establishment, so I'm inclined to give them a little slack. We might try Saga again, but perhaps we'll sit at the bar or hibachi.

• Visited January 2014

Cranston, Rhode Island
“beware when ordering steak at the hibachi”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I both ordered shrimp and steak hibachi for lunch. I ordered mine rare and he ordered his medium well. They both came off of the grill at the same time. His steak was fine. Needless to say, mine was not. The dipping sauces were very good, so I was able to eat the steak - thanks to the sauces. The rest of the meal was very good and the lunch price was reasonable. ($14 for the meal which also included soup or salad)

Visited December 2013
Arizona
“Best Sushi around!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Saga is the place to go for sushi. We have dined at just about every restaurant in the area that has sushi and Saga is by far the best. We also dined here for hibachi once. The chef was fantastic and the food was good. The only thing we didn't enjoy of everything we've had here is the salad. It was very bland. But everything else has been fantastic!

• Visited December 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The perfect Mai Tai”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We recently stopped into Saga after our movie date night. It is my understanding they have only been open for a month. What a great location and I really hope they succeed.The bar is spectacular. The lighting is really neat.We ordered Mai tais and boy were they mighty good.The bar manager explained to us that the Mai tais are the most popular drink that they make. I completely agree. We did not order any food this time around but I still gave them a score of 5.The bar manager gave us a take home menu.She also informed us that they offer a "Happy Hour" Sushi menu on weekdays.She was very outgoing, delightful and very knowledgable. I had a few questions about sushi and sake and she really knew her stuff. Impressive. We can not wait to return and try the sushi and sake. And not to forget those Mai tais,we would just come back for those alone.

• Visited December 2013
Massachusetts, United States
“Great Sushi at Patriot Place”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Sitting at the sushi bar at Saga, we had a wonderful experience for dinner. The wait staff was attentive (maybe a little too attentive). The restaurant has only been open for about a month. The sushi was fresh and the quantity was abundant. We ordered the "Lover's Boat" and the sushi chef customized to our likings (I am not fond of cucumbers). The chef explained the different pieces of sashimi and sushi that we did not recognize. The soup as good but there was a little too much dressing on the salad. The dressing was bland on the salad, and it was all lettuce. Overall, great restaurant with great food.

• Visited November 2013