“Classic food with excellent service”
Review of Lafayette House

Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine St
Description: Lafayette House is conveniently located on Route One in Foxboro just south of Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place with easy access to Routes 95 and 495. Established in 1784, this historic landmark was once a Tavern and Inn that hosted General Lafayette, General Washington, Benjamin Franklin and many other distinguished guests. You'll want to explore the cozy dining rooms warmed by fireplaces and have a drink in the Pub at the oldest stand up bar in America! Traditional American Continental Cuisine is served in generous portions combined with a warm, colonial atmosphere that is reminiscent of a time when a great dinner experience satisfied the soul as well as your appetite! Generations of our Customers know that impeccable Quality, Service and Standards still live at Lafayette House after 224 years..."Come Make History with Us!"
Reviewed April 3, 2019 via mobile

Went with my sister, my nephew, and his wife for a Saturday evening dinner. It was a very short wait (less than 15 minutes) at 7:00 which was nice. We sat in the lounge and got some cheese and crackers while we had drinks. The entertainment, a solo guitarist and singer, was just getting set up.
The dining rooms are cozy and the entire building is steeped in history.
We had a crostini appetizer that was fresh and tasty. My sister and I opted for Cesar salad which was chilled and crisp. The dressing tasted homemade and they did offer the option of anchovies (I declined).
The salmon with crab comes with a Sherry cream sauce which I requested on the side. I'm generally not a fan of cream sauces but this was a great addition to the perfectly cooked salmon and crabmeat.
Two at the table had the prime rib which was huge! Very meaty with not a lot of fat. My niece had one of the specials, a chicken and pasta dish which she enjoyed.
We splurged on a chocolate tart (split 4 ways as the portions are ample and we were full) which I highly recommend.
Our server was excellent - timing between courses was just right with enough time to settle but not so much time you feel forgotten. She was friendly and attentive without being annoying. A true professional.

Reviewed March 11, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I went here for dinner recently due to recommendations and hearing all the locals talking about this place for years now.
It’s got a lot of history and the restaurant is huge - very deceiving from the outside since it looks so small driving by.
It’s a very old establishment but has a cozy atmosphere inside. When we were leaving, we noticed live entertainment in the bar which looked like fun.
The food was fair and they had a special vegetarian option for me. Wine was good and a VERY generous pour- right up to the rim!

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

The atmosphere was cozy and 1700s style. The food was delicious and we were given huge portions! The waitress was upbeat and helpful.

Reviewed February 23, 2019

The ambiance of this historical restaurant, former tavern, is simply exquisite. Beautifully decorated with a roaring fireplace in the winter, it features rooms for parties, a lounge and bar area, and a lovely dining room. The baked scrod was delicious, and was accompanied by butternut squash and roasted potatoes, with a salad of mixed greens to start. I also received a delicious, round loaf of warm, crusty bread and crackers with spreadable cheese. Ordered dessert to go (creme brulee). Would definitely dine here again! My server was attentive and kind. A little pricey, but worth it. The excellent food and welcoming atmosphere makes dining at the Lafayette House an experience that definitely needs repeating.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

Dining with family to celebrate birthdays
The menu is not very accommodating for vegetarian meals
Our waitress was horrible and did not want to help us out with food options and after asking a couple of questions she says to me in a very snippy voice “ Is that allll?”
Finally settling on a pasta dish that was rather tasty
At the end when our server picked up the check she came back red faced claiming there was not enough $$ to cover the bill
She clearly missed elementary math and a 20% tip
After 30 years of working in this restaurant I’d like to think she’d treat her customers better

Date of visit: February 2019

Been to Lafayette House? Share your experiences!