“Bad attitude ”

Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine St
Description: Lafayette House is conveniently located on Route One in Foxboro just south of Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place with easy access to Routes 95 and 495. Established in 1784, this historic landmark was once a Tavern and Inn that hosted General Lafayette, General Washington, Benjamin Franklin and many other distinguished guests. You'll want to explore the cozy dining rooms warmed by fireplaces and have a drink in the Pub at the oldest stand up bar in America! Traditional American Continental Cuisine is served in generous portions combined with a warm, colonial atmosphere that is reminiscent of a time when a great dinner experience satisfied the soul as well as your appetite! Generations of our Customers know that impeccable Quality, Service and Standards still live at Lafayette House after 224 years..."Come Make History with Us!"
Reviewed February 14, 2019 via mobile

Dining with family to celebrate birthdays
The menu is not very accommodating for vegetarian meals
Our waitress was horrible and did not want to help us out with food options and after asking a couple of questions she says to me in a very snippy voice “ Is that allll?”
Finally settling on a pasta dish that was rather tasty
At the end when our server picked up the check she came back red faced claiming there was not enough $$ to cover the bill
She clearly missed elementary math and a 20% tip
After 30 years of working in this restaurant I’d like to think she’d treat her customers better

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

I read some of the reviews. I noticed that some were not so great, but my family had a good dinner, and we enjoyed our first visit to Lafayette House. I got a vibe of maybe glory days past, but I do appreciate nostalgia and history, especially in a restaurant.

Our food was good. Nice, plump and fresh shrimp cocktail, and tasty crab cakes. They do not skimp on portions. Even my martini came with a sidecar. Our entrees were short ribs and 2 filets. Each filet was cooked to order, and the short ribs were huge. The red wine sauce was sort of gelatinous- not what I expected-but tasted like a good idea. Sides were decent, and seemed kind of like home cooking. Desserts were ice cream parfait/ sundaes. Amazing. And very generous portions.

Service was good. Not very formal or overly friendly. I like formal. I don’t like overly friendly or solicitous. But we were happy with the timing of courses and delivery of courses. Cost was 197. for dinner, one drink, and 2 desserts. The upside is you will not leave hungry, and you will feel warm and happy when you take in the ambience.

5  Thank 617Bren
Reviewed January 1, 2019

We went for New Years Eve dinner..Nicely decorated, good service. Scallops were ok and steak cooked as ordered but dry no juice. No reason to go back

Reviewed December 26, 2018

A group of us from the retirement community where I live and the activities gals went to the Lafayette House for lunch. Everyone was very nice, but the food wasn't that great. Two of us had prime rib which, in my experience, should be very tender and easy to cut. Even with a steak knife, it was not easy to cut. I only ate part of it and some of the roasted potatoes. The squash had too much sugar and spices in it. I like to be able to taste my squash not all the spices,etc. I brought home the rest of my meat and my friend's meat and used it in beef stew.

Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

Went to dinner at bar side. , ordered drinks right away. Waiter was just hard to explain ( rush ). Wife got salad. Which was ok. I ordered Lafayette burger and fries. Picked up burger and 90% of it fell out, fries were not cooked and burger was just bland. Been coming here for yrs. but won’t be back anytime soon

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Lafayette House? Share your experiences!