“I never write bad reviews, but I had to share this...”
Review of Lafayette House

Lafayette House
Reserve with OpenTable
Lafayette House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 67 Restaurants in Foxboro
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine St
Description: Lafayette House is conveniently located on Route One in Foxboro just south of Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place with easy access to Routes 95 and 495. Established in 1784, this historic landmark was once a Tavern and Inn that hosted General Lafayette, General Washington, Benjamin Franklin and many other distinguished guests. You'll want to explore the cozy dining rooms warmed by fireplaces and have a drink in the Pub at the oldest stand up bar in America! Traditional American Continental Cuisine is served in generous portions combined with a warm, colonial atmosphere that is reminiscent of a time when a great dinner experience satisfied the soul as well as your appetite! Generations of our Customers know that impeccable Quality, Service and Standards still live at Lafayette House after 224 years..."Come Make History with Us!"
Walpole, Massachusetts
“I never write bad reviews, but I had to share this...”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The LaFayette House is the most overpriced, snotty restaurant I've ever been in my life...and I have eaten at some really classy restaurants around Boston. We'd never been to the LaFayette House, so, we thought we'd take my mother there for Mother's Day brunch, and, although our sweet, hardworking waitress was great, the manager and owner ruined our day.

So, here's our story......

The manager, clearly flustered at the obscene crowds that were there for brunch, walked into the bar area where we, and about 15 other patrons were waiting for a table. Upon entering the room, he was chatting with one of the 85-year-old hostesses, and announced something like, "They've only been waiting for five fuc*$%# minutes." We were shocked!! Everyone in the room stared at each other in awe thinking, "Did that just happen?" The manager continued about his business as though nothing had happened, despite the fact that he dropped the f-word in front of about 5 children under the age of 10.

We were so bothered that before we left this overpriced eatery, we thought we'd chat with the owner about his manager's behavior. He NOT ONLY told us that we must've misheard, but also he told my mother (on Mother's Day) that he did not believe her when she insisted that she had heard the manager use the f-word loud enough for an entire room to hear.

So, I wanted to share this story in case anyone is thinking of checking this place out. Just be warned that, if anything should go wrong, you will not be treated with respect, no matter how right you are.

This place is as pathetic as its manager and owner.. Save your money! It's NOT worth it. Go to Patriot's Place for a better experience and less spending!!

• Visited May 2012
9 Thank Lori W

Boston
“Apparently the customer is NOT Always right.”
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We went for Mother's Day Brunch; food was fantastic and our server was incredible; really did a great job. However, when we first arrived there were tons of people in the waiting area and nobody really knew where to go; but it's a busy day of the year so it was expected. However, the manger at the front checking people in was clearly getting flustered, and as he walked into the next room, he AUDIBLY used the "F" word. There were several people standing there including children, who clearly heard this. You could clearly hear people saying to one another “did you hear that?” After brunch my mother asked to speak with someone, and she was introduced to the owner. Upon hearing her account, the owner informed my mother that he “did not believe her.” He said that the manager had worked for him for over 20 years and would never do this. He made no apologies and did not even indicate that he would speak to the manager about it. Unfortunately, despite the great waitress and food we will not be returning to the Lafayette House and have informed our friends of this. This was not how I expected my mother to be treated, particularly on Mother’s Day.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Jill A
Fayetteville, New York
“LOUSY!!! DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY!”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Don't waste your money on this restaurant! When we walked in the hostess was on the phone and it was obviously a personal call. She totally ignored us and signaled to the waitress to seat us. We were given large leather bound menus. When we inquired about the sign out front that said Wine and Dine for $49.00 she whipped the menus out of our hands and instead gave us plastic coated tacky one page menus with a VERY sparce menu! I inquired about garlic on one of the dishes because I am higly allergic and the waitress could not possible have been any RUDER!!!! She truly had the nastiest attitude of any waitress I have ever encountered! She could not have been nastier and my husband and I almost left at this point. She obvioulsy realized how rude she was and attempted to explain the ingredients in the dishes. Because of food sensitivities I always ask about seasonings and almost everyplace we visit they are aware of food issues and are more than willing to be accommodating. Not this place!!!!!!!! NASTY AND RUDE!
We did stay but only because we were tired and had been traveling all day. The food was lousy and we would NEVER NEVER return to this restaurant.
They could have cared less about us as diners in their establishment.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Aggie P
LC
“Clam Chowder BEST ever had”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Ate twice
Staff couretous
Unique history of building Ben ate here!
Clam Chowder you must try
One had chicken two time different kinds but both very good
Had antipasto appetizer would not try that again

Visited January 2012
3 Thank retired27
Laval
“My first poor review.”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

The restaurant is authentic and rustic. The carpet and wooded floors and decor makes it unique. The place was empty, a tad surprising for a Thursday night.

The service was ok. The food was good and fairly priced. The wine list is impressive and very generous.

It was getting late but our group (10) was still enjoying themselves, they started vaccuming the next room. This was very annoying.

Unfortunately not a repeat for me nor the business group.

Visited January 2012