“Excellent spa day!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Spa Epoche
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoyed a mother daughter spa day for my mothers bday. The spa is very nice and relaxing and had everything you could want...great relaxation room, changing area, sauna and decor. The services we had were facial and massage and both were great. I did have some difficulty calling and getting someone to talk with to make the appts but was very happy with the services. I didn't rate it perfect as I had a Groupon for $99 each which seemed compatible to other places I have gone before. Their normal prices of double seem high and I probably wouldn't go back without a better deal. I would recommend this spa for a special day of pampering!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've been going here for a few years now and would'nt keep returning if I believed the Spa were not professional in all aspects. The associates are polite and well informed. I get mani/pedis from Liz all the time,and there is a new stylist,Tiffany,who is fabulous,(very creative and honest about what works for you! I had a wonderful facial today with Tatyana and I feel and look 10 yrs younger! Hope this is helpful in your decision to go there for a day of relaxation!!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've visited Spa Epoche a few times for various services (massage, facial, and hair). Each time has been wonderful and thoroughly relaxing. I have used a Groupon here and I don't remember any problem with the mandatory tipping that a few others have mentioned. I am familiar with the industry practice of tipping based on the full price of the service. My most recent visit was for my hair styling for my wedding. I had my trial run with one of the head stylists, Katie. She also did my hair the day of the wedding. I loved the style she did, it was perfect for what I wanted for my wedding. My whole bridal party, including my mother and mother-in-law got our hair done here for the wedding. We chose this salon as the wedding was held at the hotel, so it was perfect to have everything in one place. The prices were actually lower than other salons in the area ($65-$100).

Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I went to Spa Epoche for massages, teeth whitening, and facials. We used a package deal from Groupon- two services for $100. Most services at the Spa average $100 each. Some of the services were better than others. When we went to pay, we were told that it was mandatory to tip 20% on the total full-price. That was $72. We questioned the person working at the front desk and she said that it was in fact in the fine print that the 20% tip was mandatory. After coming home and checking the Groupon on-line, we realized that we were deceived and that this lie has been going on for a number of years. I called the director of the spa several times over 8 days and she did not return any of the calls. She left a message after I told her that I was reporting the incident to Groupon and she was patronizing. If a 20% tip is what they want to require, no matter the quality of service (which varies), then they should include that on the Groupon like many restaurants do.

Another complaint I have about Spa Epoche is that there are not other luxuries to enjoy like you find in other hotels. There is only one steam room and it's in the women's locker room so I couldn't enjoy it with my husband. There used to be a jacuzzi but it is no longer there. For the amount that they charge at the spa, there should be additional luxuries to enjoy.

4  Thank cathy b
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Buyer BEWARE! I recently went to Spa Epoche in the Renaissance Hotel in Foxboro to use a deal from Groupon for 2 services. When I went to check out I was prepared to tip the 2 associates who provided the services different amounts in cash commensurate with the services provided. I asked the cashier how to handle the tip and was told that there would be a flat 20% charged and that it was ‘in the fine print on the Groupon’. This is NOT TRUE as there was no mention whatsoever of a mandatory tip of 20%. This deceitful practice appears to be a long standing ‘policy’ at Spa Epoche as I have found other reviews of Spa Epoche on Yelp.com stating the same issue (see Deb F on 9/14/11, Linda L on 11/5/11 and Wen L on 4/5/11). These other mandatory tip incidents occurred with not only Groupon but also BuyWithMe. Repeated attempts to contact the Spa manager, Kathleen Goggin, were ignored. I left 3 voicemail messages over the course of 1 week and NEVER received a call back. I would not recommend using this facility until this “mandatory tip” practice is changed.

3  Thank Jim P