All reviews dog park disc golf full hookups bathrooms and showers beautiful campground indoor pool rec hall fishing pond kids and adults halloween weekend ping pong pull thru rv sites candy bar bingo shuffle board pull through sites rainy day
Reviewed August 29, 2006

Okay, my title is straight to the point but overall this campground was okay. Not the worst, not the best but I will not return.

1) It all started with check in. When I made my reservations I explained I was going with my brother, his wife, daughter, my daughter and that we had two tents. My brother arrived about 10 minutes before I and they tried to charge him an extra $128 for another site. They further explained their "immediate family policy" which did not mean brother/sister and told me I did not mention there were two tents going on that site. We paid $158 for two nights in a tent site and now they wanted another $128. Most expensive camping I have ever done as it was.
End result: We still shared a site without paying the additional fee.
2) The tent site was the smallest I have been in. So small they had white lines drawn on the ground so you knew where your site ended. Two tents, the picnic table and a small walkway area was all we had for room.
3) My tent was just feet away from another tent, they could hear me, I could hear them. So close it felt like they were camping with my family.
4) The lua was horrible!! We couldn't wait to try this. We paid $16 per ticket, bought the tickets a month in advance and it was nothing to write home about. They called the tables in a random order so by the time we got our food it was 45 minutes into it. Hot dogs were cold, food was not all that great. There were about 5 games for the kids and as soon as we started to eat they started with the games. We were mad since the tables that got called first had no problem playing the games, where we were rushed.
5) As someone mentioned previously, you can hear the highway. Who wants to camp and hear a highway?

Overall though, they did a great job with keeping the place clean. At first you are "wow" these bathrooms are nice/showers are the cleanest you may see in any campground. They should be with what they charge to stay there. Then everything else falls into play, the small sites, the hwy, the expensive cost to stay there and you get that.. we were calling it "corporate camping" all weekend.

Hope this helps!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5  Thank bstnldy
Reviewed June 20, 2006

We decided to try Normandy Farms for our first camping experience with three young children b/c it was close to home (15 minutes away) and we had heard that the facilities were very clean, the staff was helpful & the pools and playgrounds would keep the kids busy. We were very happy with how the campground lived up to our expectations in these areas. However, as tent campers in a mainly RV campground, it took a little getting used to the number of huge RV's parked side-by-side in every available spot. We were very pleased with our tent site (T2) which bordered the woods and offered a bit of privacy from the RV's and some shade from the strong mid-day sun. Other tent areas in the campground seemed to be in open fields and would have been very hot during the day.

For us, the drawbacks to this campground were first its location----when we went to bed out first night, I heard a roaring in the distance---this was the highway(s) located nearby and this roar continued all night long, drowning out the sounds of crickets. This wouldn't be a big deal in an air-conditioned RV, but it made a difference in tent camping. Also, we found service at the food carts/stands to be unbearably slow. A snow cone took 20 minutes to get. A friend waited in line for 45 minutes for lunch and gave up with three people still in front of him. Finally, the two 'heated' pools are not exactly 'hot', or even 'warm'. They felt chilly to the skin but were better than the ice cold 'unheated' pools.

We will likely come here again since it is so close to home; it gives us a chance to get the kids used to tent camping before we try anything too daring.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank creff
Reviewed September 16, 2005

We made reservations to stay for a weekend because we heard it was one of the best campgrounds in the country. However, we are tent campers and Hurricane Ophelia was headed up the coast. Rain, thunderstorms and winds were expected.

When we tried to cancel, it was with less than 7 days notice. Their policy says they will not refund your "deposit" with less than 7 days notice. We didn't have a problem with this. We had a problem with their definition of a "deposit". When we booked the reservation, they didn't charge a deposit, but instead charged the FULL price for both nights on our credit card ($47 per night x2 nights = $94.00). They would not refund ANY of the full amount to us. Therefore, if bad weather strikes, you will not lose a "deposit", you will lose the entire weekend price!! This meant, for us, $97.00. And for a campground, this is expensive to begin with.

I know other campgrounds that allow tent campers to change their reservation to another weekend, or simply keep a deposit of one night or less. This one will nickel and dime you...

Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank pclcruiser
Reviewed October 22, 2003

This is my second year camping at Normandy Farms. I have camped at many campgrounds in my many years of camping and I find this campground by far the best. The staff are great! We have spoke with many of the staff during our stay and they have been nothing but pleasant and informative. I love the lady with the hats! What a great way to great your guest! The grounds are kept with pride. Cudoo to the staff who greet us as we enter and leave and to the staff who keep the campground safe, clean and enjoyable!

Sharron Bizzle

4  Thank Sharron_113
Reviewed August 28, 2003

Just spent 4 days at Normandy Farms Camping resort. It was very clean and had 4 pools and 2 hot tubs! The only drawback was that the help was less then friendly. With a happy bunch of employees it would have made it an unbelievable place to camp

5  Thank Extraordinary963