All reviewsdog parkdisc golffull hookupsbathrooms and showersbeautiful campgroundindoor poolfishing pondrec hallkids and adultshalloween weekendping pongpull thrurv sitescandy bar bingoshuffle boardpull through sitesrainy day
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We heve been comming to this campground for about 5 yrs
spend about 1 week a year here.past 2 years we have had things stolen from our site Booze from the cooler etc... we have also had our cars broken into and a camera stolen.
when we informed the office they were not very helpful and seemed to ignore the problem.So lock up everything and bring your stuff in at night.other than that its a great time for kids.

Stayed: August 2008
1  Thank TRVLFAMILY6
Reviewed July 7, 2008

If you are looking for a campground that is extremely clean, then Normandy Farms is for you. The camp site and lawns are well groomed. The park is large enough to take a nature walk or go to the fishing hole and hear the sounds of nature.
This is a wonderful campground if you have children between the ages of 6 and 12. There are plenty of activities to keep them busy all the time. I have a 3 1/2 year old and there weren't any activites geared to her age level.
Overall, this is a wonderful place to camp. All of the activites are within a 5 minute walking distance. The general store carries anything you might need.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2008

I only live about 20 minutes from Normandy Farms. I have stayed here several times. The reason that keeps me going back is the activities!! There's a lot I actually don't like about Normandy, but I just overlook. The prices here are absolutely astromonical!

First, When you book your site..which seems to be impossible! To get a good site you either have to be a seasonal, book for an entire week or better yet, know some one! You have to literally almost pay in full!!!! It's just ridiculous. I made reservations in November of 07 for July. Who has the full amount of 600.00 a month before Christmas? This policy is absolutely ridiculous! It's actually kept me from coming here more often. I would love to have a seasonal here, but the prices are just so pathetic, it's impossible!!!! The front desk staff are truly gems I must admit. Always very professional, very sweet and always take as much time as you need.

Second, The sites! They are just ridiculous! You literally are on top of one another. We almost had a fist fight with our neighbors because he was putting his baby to sleep at 9:00 on a friday night and we were playing games around OUR own campfire w/eight 30+ adults! But, on a very postive note, we called security and literally they were there in seconds and took care of it. This person was out of control threatening us and everything else..Normandy Staff was again, Very professional!! The sites are just waaaay to close together. They are just trying to pack waaay too many people into one area. They should really fix this!

Third, The pools! Everytime you go in to any of the pools there are so many kids in ALL of them. It would be nice if Normandy made the front pool near the office an ALL adult pool! They could keep the pool in the middle for all the kids. It just gets out of hand.

Fourth. This one is the one that makes me very angry! They have some male staff here that runs activites. I'm forewarning you to watch your teenager daughters around them. I had my 14 year old niece with me. Without mentioning names, they were making gestures about her body parts, gawking at her, following her to the bathroom, etc! SHE'S 14 I wouldn't allow her to go anywhere without me. I felt very uncomfortable about that. One of them made a comment: "WOW, what is Normandy putting in the water!" I was very disgusted on the behaviour of these male staff.

There are several things I do really like about Normandy. The bathrooms are extremely clean! They have excellent laundry facilites. The activities are just awesome! They do have a snack bar--it's ok--service is super slow.. I also love the disc golf! They also added a new dog park which should be open in '08. I haven't made reservations for this Summer. They've also raised prices for '08. Scary considering how tight the economy is-you'd think they would want to try and get you to come there with some sort of deals? That's all I can tell you on this place...

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank krazyrkamping
Reviewed September 25, 2007

This campground is overcrowded. Line upon line of RVs pack the place, taking all of the natural beauty away from the grounds. It's a huge challenge to feel like you're living in the outdoors when you hear RV generators and roaring white noise from the nearby highway throughout the day and night. My husband and I have tent camped all over New England, but this was our first camping adventure with our sons (5 and 7). We made the most of it, but we were very disappointed. The boys even said, "I thought we were going to be able to camp near the woods." Pools were nicely kept. Agree with other reviewer regarding extremely strict pool rules. Kids really could not do anything but swim gently and/or stand there. Pool staff were quick to discipline. Splashing was even frowned upon. If you're expecting a relaxing place to enjoy nature, this is not the place for you. It's basically a noisy trailer park with a few nice pools.

Some good news....bathrooms, pools and other common facilities were extremely clean.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank safetravels330
Reviewed June 25, 2007

My family and I stayed at this resort (campground doesn't do it justice). We had an extremely enjoyable time.

The staff there is so helpful and in abundence. They all seem to be enjoying their jobs.

We (Mom, Dad, 4 yr girl and 2 yr old boy) were there for 7 days and would have loved to stay longer. We did two days of sight seeing outside the campground and the rest of the time at the campground. There was an incedible farm themed playground that my kids could not get enough of. They have 4 pools, so regardless of the weather there was always a pool to enjoy. You have to see the activity center to believe it.

The thing that I loved most was that their camp site although not spacious, their use of landscaping made the site private and beautiful. We noticed that there was never a piece of liter anywhere in the park and the landscaping was always being tended to.

We will be back again for sure as well as recommending to all our camper friends.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank happycamperfamily