“Awesome!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxboro
Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort
Birmingham, Alabama
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

This has to be by far the best campground ever! Staff is very friendly, sites are level, just enough trees to provide that woodsy feeling! Wifi is good I just can't say enough good things about this place! Will be back!!

• Stayed September 2013
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
So delighted that you shared your comments, what thoughtful feedback! I truly hope you do join us again. The park is so beautiful in the fall with all the colors of autumn (and the rates are lower too!).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Brought my sister tent camping for her first time to Normandy Farms. Figured I better bring her to a really nice place to get her hooked on camping ;) From the moment we pulled in to check in I was super impressed. The views to the pond are so pretty as are the tall pine trees. The check in lodge was so nice and modern and just a great welcoming atmosphere. The place is really clean and modern. I loved the Rec lodge, especially the adult section. The kids enjoyed the arcade and pools. The only negatives I can say is that we wish we could have shared 1 site to save some money. One site would have been plenty of room for us. Also, Safari 4 section where we stayed, was extremely loud from highway traffic. Made it hard to sleep. Would prefer a quieter section next time. Definitely planning on coming back!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
What a great sister you are to share your camping experience with your sister. Sounds like everything fell into place and a wonderful time was had by all. Your compliments are truly appreciated. We put in a great deal of effort to maintain the warm and inviting atmosphere that makes our guests feel comfortable. I appreciate your comment about sharing a site. The guidelines on this topic can be a bit confusing. How about when you are ready to visit with us again, please feel free to call me directly and I will happily review the options with you to find the best rate and site for your family. My name is Lisa Pascale and I am the Guest Relations Director, you can reach me at 866.673.2767 x313. I so look forward to working with you.
Tiverton, Rhode Island
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This summer we decided to take our 7 yr old, who dislikes bugs, dark etc,. on a camping trip to get in-touch with nature and overcome some of his fears. On our first experience we went to another campground and had a great time. We had a wooded site with a bathroom and shower right next to us. The tents were in one section, and RV's in another less rustic area. All night long we heard the park ranger driving around, which made us feel so safe since are not experienced "campers". The birds and the early cleaning crew woke us up. Both a nice sound. However, it started raining after the first day and the tent began to leak, so we left. We decided to try again, at Normandy Farms. The weather forecast for our arrival day was wonderful so I called and asked if we could come earlier in the day to use the pool etc. I was told no. Only if we were guests of another camper. So we decided to work that day and go after work. When we checked in we were told that we were in a pull through. I replied, "we have a tent?" The girl said "ok, you have a tent." that's OK. We set up our tent between 2 rv's on a gravel driveway. We could not get the stakes in the ground because it was so hard. The people to the left had 3 cars and a camper with a "holding" container right near the tent and loads of kids. Beside them was an overflowing dumpster that smelled. The people to the right had 2 dogs and 3 kids. We could hear every word etc. We also could hear the highway and the traffic truck noise starts at 4 am. By 6 am the smell of the trash was ripe! I spoke with a staff member at the pool area about it and she said she would call someone. Nothing happened. I went to the office to complain. It was still there the following morning. No one should be placed anywhere near a overflowing dumpster in the summer! Gross, could not describe it I worried about rats when I went to late night bathroom visits. It said "recyclables but it had everything in it. All day long people came by to throw more bags in it. Finally, the day we were leaving, it was emptied. Still my tent was near a dumpster not trees or a pond! On a great note, there were no bugs, there were lots of activities for kids, and they appeared to be having a great time, a nice pool area,hot coffee in the morning, a beautiful lodge in case it rains and clean ( but too few) bathrooms. We did have a really nice time, but not what we were looking for. It was like a huge RV parking lot, but not a campground for tenting. It was not a peaceful place. But since I am a "green" camper, now I know

2 Thank ann t
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
I’m not sure if your reservation was made on line or if it was made by phone. If you do make a reservation online, you are able to view the available sites with a picture and description and choose the one that is the best match for you, based on appearance, location and amenities. If you had called the Reception Center directly, we certainly owe you an apology for not describing the site you were assigned. With the large number of sites here in the park, we have locations that are more appropriate for tent camping and others that are more suitable for RVs and campers. As the park tends to be quite busy in the summer months, there are occasions when those in tents will opt to take a site that was intended for an RV, as that may be the only site available when the reservation was made. I’m not sure where we went wrong, but I can certainly understand your disappointment as it sounds like you were not on a site that was best suited for your family. Thank you for letting us know that we need to be more thorough, and I hope you find a park that is just right for you and your family – I only wish it could have been us!
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

from the minute you enter the property, you know that it is going to be a wonderful experience, the staff, amazing, we had never been so they sent a ranger to guide us thru this very large camping community, everything is so clean, and you can see the workers keeping it that way, always helpful. Absolutely the best 3 outdoor pools, one indoor pool, a store community center, this park is very family oriented, you could see the children, but they were quiet, they allow for dog walking and they have stations, for your use, they did not miss a beat. For a campground everyone did their own thing, the best ever, one should at least try it and you will be back.

Room Tip: we arrived in a fifth wheel , we did not need a room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thanks so much for your gracious comments. We are thrilled that you had a fun time and hope you join us again!
Rockland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have been here many times over the years and each time there is one more thing that effects my opinion but it all depends on what you like in a campground. Normandy has its' positives. The bathrooms are extremely clean and well kept. As a matter of fact all the buldings and grounds are very well groomed. If you are looking for a campground that is "natural" this isn't it. This is a nice place but it is not full of trees and it's not in the woods. Their front desk staff, hospitality station and maintenance staff are very friendly and helpful. They have a lot of pull thru sites which can be less stressful and the sites are a good size.

With that said, it can feel like a military compound when you are there. It is the quietest campground I have ever been to. Typically by ten everyone is in their campers. It is not as social as I am used to with camping. You don't hear people laughing and having fun. Some people that go there are not friendly and actually give you a look if you say hello. There are so many rules that you are afraid you will be "spoken to" if you laugh too loud. If you go to one of the pools you will be stared at by the staff to make sure you don't do anything wrong. It makes you feel uncomfortable. You can't really relax and that is what I want to do on vacation.

This place is very popular for people with younger children and those who are retired. We are between that. We are early forties, child off at college and have a dog. There are children everywhere and they pretty much take over the place. If you go to any of the pools be prepared to not be able to actually relax in the pool because there will be thirty children in the pool with you. The campground is not really for adults who don't have little children or who don't want to sit in their RV all day and night. There is nothing to do for the adults. There is no adult only pool, you cannot bring alcohol into the pool areas, and believe me I am not a huge drinker but now and then I like a drink while sitting at the pool or beach. You can't do that here. The only thing for adults is Bingo (yeah) and one Thursday night they had a two hour happy hour in the evening which was BYOB. I was bored and didn't even go to the pool one of the days because I didn't like being stared at. Not to mention some people let their children just do whatever they want. One mother kept letting her children play between my husband and my chairs everytime we got up to go into the hot tub (thankfully they actually don't allow children in that.) I ended up going back to my chair because my glasses were there and didn't want them stepped on.

The store is also awkward. You have to go outside the gate to go to the store in your car. That means if you want to purchase wood or ice you have to go out of the gate and then drive back thru. Depending on what time of day it is you might sit in a long line to get back in. They should really sell wood and ice at the rec center.

Those aren't new complaints from me. I have always felt this is more a place for children but its close to home and we like to camp so we always went back. I think this trip killed that notion. This time we went from Thursday to Monday on Labor Day weekend. All day Friday, Saturday and Sunday all you could hear were gunshots from nine in the morning until sunset. Anyone who has a dog knows how that can be. We had to keep calming the dog down because the gunshots were loud and constant. It was very annoying not to mention it was aggravating me to have to listen to gunshots all day long.

We also found some very rude people this trip. More than we normally encounter here. We saw people cutting through other people's sites without thinking twice about it even though there are signs everywhere. Instead of saying hello as you were walking by people would either turn their heads away or just stare at you. To be honest, it was kind of weird.

So all in all, I like a more friendly, social place with more for the adults to do as well. But like I said before, it has its' pros and cons and you might like something different. Just an honest review from someone who has been camping for twenty or so years and has been to many, many campgrounds. Enjoy wherever you go!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JoFitz2013
We care very much what our guests take home from their experience camping at the park and I’m appreciative that you took the time to share your opinion with us. Sincere thanks for your generous compliments about the cleanliness of our facilities and the friendliness of our team members. We work very hard to satisfy each and every guest who visits with us and it’s wonderful to receive recognition. With that being said, I am sorry to hear that you felt less than satisfied with your last visit. I agree with your final paragraph, there truly is a park for everyone. While it saddens us to know that right now we don’t fit into your lifestyle, it is encouraging to know that when you traveled with your children, you found Normandy Farms to be ideal. I think the guidelines that you find too cumbersome now may have been appreciated when your family included younger ones. The criteria that we follow is intended to provide our guests with a relaxing and safe atmosphere. I believe we can learn from your feedback, as constructive criticism truly gives us the opportunity to make improvements that will enhance everyone’s experience at the park.
West Simsbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

So we went out on our 2nd venture in our travel trailer to Normandy Farms this Saturday after hearing about it from a friend. We were not disappointed at all. We were in site #14 which is a pull through (just want my husband wanted). The site is located right across from the recreation center along with two pools, a concession stand (great french fries and onion rings for dinner) and within walking distance to the camp store. I would not have liked being out further in the property since I like easy access to all the campgrounds have to offer. There is also a heated outside pool and an indoor pool, shuffleboard, baseball field, dog park, great playground and frisbee golf.

Joining us on this trip were my eldest daughter and my mom, both of which said they would definitely go "glamping" again given this was their first experience in the trailer I think that is a good sign.

The restrooms were immaculate and I noticed cleaning going on on a regular basis. The pools were very clean and the area around them. The campground personnel were very friendly and helpful. I actually left my phone on a chair at the pool and 1/2 hour later it was still there waiting for me - phew!

My son and daughter each got 30 minute massages. Word is "Sheryl is very good". Just note that the spa is located next to the ping pong room so you will not have that "tranquil" feeling that you normally get in a spa.

There were lots of kids there on Saturday but tons of RVs pulled out on Sunday making it a quieter place. NF has lots of activities for kids if you have any with you. The one thing I would love to see is a curfew on the kids, our neighbor's kids were outside Saturday evening making a a great deal of noise after 12 and using swear words that were not appropriate especially given their ages.

The prices in the camp store were reasonable and if you ran out of ketchup, mustard, etc. you would not have to mortgage your RV to buy one. There is a Stop & Shop about 10 minutes away and the Wrentham Outlets about the same.

Always be sure to check the event schedule for Gillette Stadium - it took us 1 hour to go 4 miles when were only 10 minutes away from the campground. Needless to say, if we knew the backroads we would have gotten off sooner or gone in a different way than 495 south. I am sure Cape Cod traffic could be a problem also.

Hope this helps!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thanks so much for the wonderful review. I am so excited that you and your family had such a good time. Your comments reviewed all of the bases and I don’t think I could have described things better myself. I love that your son and daughter got to enjoy a massage – what an unexpected treat! Our licensed massage therapists truly enjoy spoiling our guests; I will give Cheryl your kudos for a job well done.

Thank you for inquiring about a curfew, we have quiet hours of 11pm to 8am here in the park, with night rangers circulating throughout the park during these hours ensuring the peace and tranquility for all. In the event that a guest’s night has been interrupted by others we do offer personal assistance round the clock (along with having the Hospitality Station manned 24 hours, we also have an after-hours assistance number posted for help anytime – day or night). I will do my very best to be sure this information is clearly shared with each guest so as to prevent another late or sleepless night. I am so sorry that you did not have that information available to you. In the future, it can be found on our website, park map, Normandy Insite Park Guide and at the Hospitality Station itself.

Here’s hoping you will come visit with us again (ps – if its during a stadium event, we have alternate travel routes posted on our website – and Cape Cod traffic doesn’t impact us). Your input is greatly appreciated!
Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

I wish I kept track of how many old, rundown, and filthy campgrounds I have been to. This is not one of them. I have a small popup, so campground cleanliness for me is HUGE. This place is immaculate. I've been there 7-8 times over the past 4 years and this is the BEST campground around. Yes, it's very pricy. So is every other campground in New England that has the same ammenities. You can go down the street to Canoe River if you want to save a few bucks. Just be sure to lock your cars and campers. It's about half the price of NF, but the place is disgusting. You get what you pay for!!!!! Other common complaints are site size. This can be said about every campground i've ever been to thats south of NH.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jim h
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our grounds and facilities and I’m so glad you noticed. Our cleaning team truly goes above and beyond to make your stay more comfortable. I’ll be sure to share your feedback with them and their supervisor. Glad you mentioned site size, you may have noticed the work going on down below our Recreation Lodge where we are reconstructing about 30 of our original sites (from way back in the 70’s before there were slideouts!). These sites will be just as large, wide and roomy as those towards the back of the park, offering ample room to unwind and relax. Hope we have another chance to host you this season and thanks again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Residence Inn Boston Foxborough
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place

Been to Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!