“Great Camping”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Foxboro
Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Been camping here for several years now..have seen the good and bad...but this is a resort style campground expect to pay a bit more for camping here , 4 pools, 2 hot tubs ,playgrounds
for kids , dog park, activities all the time, staff is always trying to make your experience here a good one, there will always be campers who complain but that's expected ( can't please everyone ), Wife needs to shop?Patriot Place shopping Mall just down the road, Husband bored?...send him to Bass Pro Shop in the shadow of Gillette Stadium...what more could you possibly need here?Close to highways so easy to get to...Only bit of a drawback is some highway noise if your in the far end of the campground in tents...
This campground has it all....

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This campground is a little pricey but has lots of stuff. 4 pools. It is a great place to camp is you are going to a game/concert at Gillette Stadium. You can get a taxis service to/from the stadium so you don't have to worry about driving.

Room Tip: Some tent sides are very tight together.. RV sites are better but more $.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 3, 2012

The sites are big, level and most have decent shade. No issues with power even with the park at capacity and temps into the 90s. Staff was mostly very good, but I found some seemed very focused on ancillary issues while other more important things were neglected. As an example the staff monitoring the indoor pool was more focused on making sure there weren't people under 18 in the whirlpool while there was a broken beer bottle in the only working shower. Also, an over excited staffer who drives around at midnight dumping water on fires while treating guests very rudely. The wifi is free, but during our visit it was unusable due to it being oversubscribed. There simply wasn't enough bandwidth allocated for the volume of users in the park. I'd recommend discussing this with your carrier and asking for dynamic allocation and/or bursting being made available. There isn't much more frustrating than trying to check emails for work and being unable to even download a single email.

My check our survey asked me how I liked the "Speedy Check in", but none of the staff I spoke with prior to or during our stay mentioned this option to us.

We asked the concierge (a nice service) for the fastest way to get into Boston. One staffer on one day gave us a route/subway while another staffer gave us a different option the next day. The second staffer gave us a much faster and simpler suggestion which saved us over an hour getting into the city. I'd suggest you decide on a route and keep it consistent. If it changes due to changing conditions then make sure all staff are aware of the new route.

The park is very nice and clean and security seemed to be very important to the staff. With a few small improvements it could be great and not just good.

2  Thank JJ J
NormandyFarms, Guest Relations Manager at Normandy Farms Family Camping Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologize on behalf of our pool staff. It can be a challenging job to ensure that everyone is safe and having fun. We try to maintain very high standards of cleanliness and I apologize that you found our restroom in a condition that was not acceptable. I have shared your feedback with our cleaning staff to ensure that we're maintaining our high standards. In regards to our complimentary wireless internet, we are in the process of having the system upgraded. It's very challenging to maintain the speed and reliability in an environment where we have so many trees and upwards of 700 people online at any given point . I'm sorry that we neglected to share our Speedy Check-in program with you. The information is posted on our website; however, we should have relayed that to you. For future reference, if your reservation is paid in full, you will receive an access code so that you can proceed directly to your campsite without having to stop in the Reception Center. Simply enter the access code on the keypad to pass through the gate. Thank you again for your comments. I hope that you have an opportunity to visit with us again and that your next experience is not just good, but great!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

It was our first time camping here. We camped there for one week in our motor home with 2 of our children & even had visitors come in on one day. We were all impressed with the cleanliness of the campground and the size of the camp sites. The pools were also great and clean and the staff was very helpful & friendly. We only had one complaint. On the morning that we were leaving we decided to have breakfast at the Kamper's kitchen snack bar in the campground. It was around 10:30 Am when we started to order the food. Everything was going great until we encountered this lady that was taking our order who was not very pleasant. She told us to hurry up & order because they were about to close until lunch. We had no idea that they closed at a certain time between breakfast & lunch otherwise we would not have had breakfast there. Needless to say neither did the other campers that tried to order after us but only found that they couldn't. I suggest that they post the scheduled times that the snack bar is open so that people can schedule around it.
Overall, we loved it and will defenitely camp there again. I hope that they post the snak bar schedule

1  Thank lovecamping_19
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very nice campground but no motorcycles passed the gate. We reserved our site 2 months ahead and nothing was ever mentioned about this over the phone or on their website. We checked in with the bikes in our toyhauler and once at our site they were unloaded to convert the garage for our son. The next morning we rode out for a ride and 5 Mins passed the gate i recieved a call from the office telling us that we could not bring the bikes to our lot and would need to park them at the front parking lot. I was not impressed about leaving them in a dark unatended lot. We went out and bought a big lock. The only other complaint would be the wanabecop that drives around with 5gal Pails of water to put your campfire out at five after midnight and the only 3 words he knows are READ THE RULES

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Clauderoycks

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to respond to your comments. While we do have listed on our "Frequently Asked Questions" and on our "Reservations" page of our website, information regarding motorcycles, we have had some folks miss that information and arrive with their bikes. In an effort to accommodate guests with bikes, we do have a parking area behind the Reception Center which is monitored by a camera, providing a sense of security to those who are uncomfortable with not having the motorcycle at their site. Also, to make things a bit easier, our Ranger can escort you and your belongings to your site. We do have plans to build a sheltered area with a cement pad where motorcycles can actually be secured to the base. Regarding your final comment, I truly wish I knew who this Ranger was that spoke to you in such a disrespectful manner. We work diligently to provide outstanding guest service and it sounds like we may have fallen short with this individual. For that I truly apologize and will continue to work with our entire team in an effort to exceed your expectations. We hope to see you camping again soon!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Let me start by saying I have been going here for years. I live in Long Island and it takes about 4 1/2 hours to get there but we still make it a yearly visit if we can. The pull through sites are extremely large. the site I had last weeke I could have fit another 35 foor camper in front of mine which is 40 feet. There are alot of activities for the kids in the fields and at the recreation center. The dog walk is a nice plus for us as my boxer loves to run. The staff is extremely friendly and will help in any way possible. My site was listed as a 50 AMP when I reserved it last year in there computer but when I got there it was only 30 AMP. I went up to the check in building and they gave me another site with no hassle at all. This was Halloween weekend when we were there and there were some great activities for the kids. Now that I have praised the campground I have 2 suggestions. First let the kids have fun at the pool. Not allowing pool toys I think is a silly rule. I could see not allowing balls that would be thrown all over and could hit someone but to not allow pool rings or dive toys that don't get in anyones way should be allowed. Second for the money we paid there should not have been an extra fee for a "Haunted Hayride". There should have been a regular hayride for the young children who didn't want to get scared and both should have been free. These 2 things probably won't stop me from going there again but I will have it in the back of my mind when I choose my vacations.

3  Thank LIHappyCamper

Thank you for your comments. It is helpful to us when our guests have suggestions on how we can improve the camping experience. In regards to the pools, it would be great if kids were able to bring toys into the pools, but unfortunately our insurance provider along with our local board of health, limits the items that can be in the pool. In an effort to lessen the disappointment, there are times when we have pool basketball and other scheduled events when the kids have an opportunity to have a bit more freedom. I'm happy that you were here during our Halloween week, it is so popular and the activities are unique in such that the proceeds from the events, including the Haunted Hayride go towards the Jimmy Fund, which is a charity that we have supported for many years. We hope to see you camping again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My family and I visited here in 2010 and it was one of the nicest places we have been too. There was a LOT of kids when we were there but I remember not much to do for them. Your kids had to be a certain age so if you have kids over 13, they may not want to do what they have planned. The clubhouse was real nice and had board games and such you could use in there that was real rustic and well built.

This was the only campground that I been too that had it's OWN dog park called Freedom Tail. Needless to say that dogs are welcome.

If you like Frisbee golf, there is a course on here that you prob. have never seen before. There are sand traps, water hazards, and heavy brush making you wonder if you are on a real golf course at times.

The campsites are spread out and secluded for whatever set up you have whether it is a tent or an RV. Cable, water hook ups at each site. there is even internet Wi-fi throughout the whole park

The store was a little small but everything in the place was well kept and all the staff was professional and very nice.

If you are in the mood to take a drive, Boston is about 45 min away. If not, there is the new Patriots stadium 10 min. away which hosts tours. If Football is not your thing, the whole area is filled with stuff to do like a Bass Pro Shop which will take you 2hrs just to make your way through. I am not even an avid hunter and Bass Pro Shops always are amazing. A Christmas Tree Shops Mall that snows inside every 10 min or so, real cool. and then a movie theater which was real nice.

Plenty of shops and other restaurants in the area to entertain anyone in the area.

Coming from NY it only took us about 3hrs and 45 min to get up there.

I cannot recommend it anymore than what I have said here. My family and I had the best vacation today, it even beat out Cape Cod.... :D

Room Tip: We stayed in an RV.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family