All reviews dog park disc golf full hookups bathrooms and showers beautiful campground indoor pool rec hall fishing pond kids and adults halloween weekend ping pong pull thru rv sites candy bar bingo shuffle board pull through sites rainy day
Reviewed September 25, 2007

This campground is overcrowded. Line upon line of RVs pack the place, taking all of the natural beauty away from the grounds. It's a huge challenge to feel like you're living in the outdoors when you hear RV generators and roaring white noise from the nearby highway throughout the day and night. My husband and I have tent camped all over New England, but this was our first camping adventure with our sons (5 and 7). We made the most of it, but we were very disappointed. The boys even said, "I thought we were going to be able to camp near the woods." Pools were nicely kept. Agree with other reviewer regarding extremely strict pool rules. Kids really could not do anything but swim gently and/or stand there. Pool staff were quick to discipline. Splashing was even frowned upon. If you're expecting a relaxing place to enjoy nature, this is not the place for you. It's basically a noisy trailer park with a few nice pools.

Some good news....bathrooms, pools and other common facilities were extremely clean.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank safetravels330
Reviewed June 25, 2007

My family and I stayed at this resort (campground doesn't do it justice). We had an extremely enjoyable time.

The staff there is so helpful and in abundence. They all seem to be enjoying their jobs.

We (Mom, Dad, 4 yr girl and 2 yr old boy) were there for 7 days and would have loved to stay longer. We did two days of sight seeing outside the campground and the rest of the time at the campground. There was an incedible farm themed playground that my kids could not get enough of. They have 4 pools, so regardless of the weather there was always a pool to enjoy. You have to see the activity center to believe it.

The thing that I loved most was that their camp site although not spacious, their use of landscaping made the site private and beautiful. We noticed that there was never a piece of liter anywhere in the park and the landscaping was always being tended to.

We will be back again for sure as well as recommending to all our camper friends.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank happycamperfamily
Reviewed March 15, 2007

I stayed there with my family in my RV and loved every moment of it! The facilities were prinstine and clean (almost every hour like clock work they were cleaned), The children had activities to go to and do from 9 in the morning until at least 8 or 9 at night, and the staff was so pleasant and knowledgable! I have never been to a better campground going there spoils my family!

The pool area may be a little strict like one of the other reviews says but put it this way their pools for children's safety only go to about 4 feet deep and there are attendants at each pool making sure that everyone has a good time. My daughter loves it because she doesnt have to worry about kids jumping in on her, toys being whizzed past her head or older kids bullying her into staying on the steps because she is uncomfortable swimming with them. I like the fact that there is someone there enforcing the rules. Also there are 3 outdoor pools ( one of which with an outdoor hot tub) and a heated indoor one with hot tubs.

They even have a business center where there are people on staff who can plan and help you plan your own trip around new england. (Theyre only 30 minutes from Boston) Theres also computers with internet access for free, and now as of December they have free wireless internet throughout the park.

The sites there are clean and tidy and if you do have a problem with rowdy neighbors or even an RV related problem they have people (I think they call rangers) that patrol the property all the time to keep things orderly and safe that can answer any question you can think of. You feel safe there and safe enough for me to relax and let the kids go do there thing, may it be arts and crafts or water vollyball or even just go to one of the 2 playgrounds. I love this place and will always have it as a first choice best in the US campground!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank AvidRVer
Reviewed August 29, 2006

Okay, my title is straight to the point but overall this campground was okay. Not the worst, not the best but I will not return.

1) It all started with check in. When I made my reservations I explained I was going with my brother, his wife, daughter, my daughter and that we had two tents. My brother arrived about 10 minutes before I and they tried to charge him an extra $128 for another site. They further explained their "immediate family policy" which did not mean brother/sister and told me I did not mention there were two tents going on that site. We paid $158 for two nights in a tent site and now they wanted another $128. Most expensive camping I have ever done as it was.
End result: We still shared a site without paying the additional fee.
2) The tent site was the smallest I have been in. So small they had white lines drawn on the ground so you knew where your site ended. Two tents, the picnic table and a small walkway area was all we had for room.
3) My tent was just feet away from another tent, they could hear me, I could hear them. So close it felt like they were camping with my family.
4) The lua was horrible!! We couldn't wait to try this. We paid $16 per ticket, bought the tickets a month in advance and it was nothing to write home about. They called the tables in a random order so by the time we got our food it was 45 minutes into it. Hot dogs were cold, food was not all that great. There were about 5 games for the kids and as soon as we started to eat they started with the games. We were mad since the tables that got called first had no problem playing the games, where we were rushed.
5) As someone mentioned previously, you can hear the highway. Who wants to camp and hear a highway?

Overall though, they did a great job with keeping the place clean. At first you are "wow" these bathrooms are nice/showers are the cleanest you may see in any campground. They should be with what they charge to stay there. Then everything else falls into play, the small sites, the hwy, the expensive cost to stay there and you get that.. we were calling it "corporate camping" all weekend.

Hope this helps!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank bstnldy
Reviewed June 20, 2006

We decided to try Normandy Farms for our first camping experience with three young children b/c it was close to home (15 minutes away) and we had heard that the facilities were very clean, the staff was helpful & the pools and playgrounds would keep the kids busy. We were very happy with how the campground lived up to our expectations in these areas. However, as tent campers in a mainly RV campground, it took a little getting used to the number of huge RV's parked side-by-side in every available spot. We were very pleased with our tent site (T2) which bordered the woods and offered a bit of privacy from the RV's and some shade from the strong mid-day sun. Other tent areas in the campground seemed to be in open fields and would have been very hot during the day.

For us, the drawbacks to this campground were first its location----when we went to bed out first night, I heard a roaring in the distance---this was the highway(s) located nearby and this roar continued all night long, drowning out the sounds of crickets. This wouldn't be a big deal in an air-conditioned RV, but it made a difference in tent camping. Also, we found service at the food carts/stands to be unbearably slow. A snow cone took 20 minutes to get. A friend waited in line for 45 minutes for lunch and gave up with three people still in front of him. Finally, the two 'heated' pools are not exactly 'hot', or even 'warm'. They felt chilly to the skin but were better than the ice cold 'unheated' pools.

We will likely come here again since it is so close to home; it gives us a chance to get the kids used to tent camping before we try anything too daring.

• Stayed: June 2006