“Well worth the money”

5 Wits Patriot Place
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in Foxboro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: 5 Wits is cutting-edge, live-action entertainment that "immerses" you in realistic, hands-on adventures! Located in Patriot Place, we have two adventures: Espionage and 20,000 Leagues. Your Adventure Awaits!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed November 25, 2011

My older brother (who is 25) and my father (who is in his mid-50's) and I (just turned 20 a few days before our trip) decided to try the "Espionage" attraction at 5 Wits. We were in a group of about 15 people: 10 kids, 5 adults. The guide was hysterical! He was cracking jokes that fit the situation and making every one laugh. The best part (SPOILER ALERT!!!) was stepping out of the elevator and into the tunnel filled with security lasers like the ones in movies. My brother and father were both smiling and clapping with the rest of us when we left the last room.

The attraction was very hands on and the guide was very, very friendly and nice, along with the rest of the staff. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing, as there is some bending, ducking, crawling and stuff in the adventure. The adventure last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour, depending how quick your group completes each of the tasks (there's 8 or so rooms to go through). The price may be a little expensive but it is totally worth it! Be sure to make it later at night (depending on the operating hours) if you just want adults and very few kids in your group.

5  Thank Mark P
There are newer reviews for 5 Wits Patriot Place

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Our experience there was awsome. You meet other people and then an animator tell you about the story. You are immerged into it. The decoration are amazing. Some situations arrives and you team up with others to solve the situation. Then you move on to next enigma or situation. You are completely plunged into it. A must!

4  Thank realbob666
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Went to the new Foxboro location with hubby, kid, & parents for dad's birthday on a Friday night. Hubby, kid & I had visited the prior location in Boston when they had the TOMB scenario & had a blast. So was expecting the same level of fun this time around doing the Espionage scenario... unfortunately not to be. The tickets are sold in 15 min. intervals - went online to purchase ours & saw that most of the evening was sold out. But when we got there there it wasn't very busy - and then noticed that the people that had the tickets for the slot 15 min. before us were still sitting there... so we all ended up getting lumped in together which made for a large group. Not so much fun when the group is so large that not everyone really gets the chance to participate. I found the TOMB scenario last time a little more challenging as well. Overall all it is a fun concept & dad liked it but next time I think we'll go on a slower night or something so the group will be smaller.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

I participated at 5 Wits in the 20000 Leagues Adventure. I was a solo traveler so I was teamed up with a couple with one child and a father with two kids. Normally I don’t like being around children but they were the ones that made this so fun. This adventure is best done with 6-8 people, I think it would make a great team builder experience. The puzzles were challenging but can be solved in the allotted time. The guide was a little hokey but he was sure to engage all members. I would not want to do this some know it all teens, that would ruin the experience. I would recommend coming with your own group or talk to the staff to make sure you go in with others suitable to your liking. I think the price is a little high, but there is a lot that goes into staging each show. I would do it again and I would recommended it to others, be careful with younger kids (under 7- 8) they won’t get it and might even be afraid.

1  Thank lbfreder
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I attended 5Wits at the recommendation of a friend, and was extremely pleased by my experience. We went through both adventures and I enjoyed both immensely, though if I had to pick one I'd choose 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea as my favorite.
The puzzles were engaging and challenging, the stories were simple yet entertaining. Our guide was very invested in the experience and while it was obviously scripted, he added little touches of his own, making it obvious that it is not a cardboard cutout of an attraction.

Many of the other reviews mention the price... but think about the price you pay for an IMAX movie or a similar entertainment experience. At 5Wits you are part of the story and get to have a hands-on experience of exploration and puzzle-solving. In my opinion, it's very worth the ticket price.

4  Thank beBlueberry