Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 1
Description: Tavolino is a casual-upscale restaurant serving classic and contemporary Italian dishes. We have twenty gourmet pizzas with a pizza bar at which you can sit as our professional staff perfects their creations. Our wine list has over 150 hand picked selections, seventeen of which are available by the glass. We have a full bar where we invite guests to enjoy all items on our lunch and dinner menus. Our cafe opens at 8:00am daily serving specialty coffee and espresso beverages. We also offer many pastries baked in our hearth ovens.
Reviewed January 21, 2020

Mediocre service. The waiter was disengaged, and without any interest in my dining experience.
The brussel sprout appetizer was greasier than necessary and the antipasto board had only basic meats and cheeses. Nothing to surprise or delight. I'll look for another Italian place on future visits to Franklin.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (411)

Reviewed January 20, 2020

The food is good, the portions are large, the assortment of wines, beers and hard cider is excellent, and our server Will was welcoming, attentive, and professional. I will definitely go here again.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

While hanging out at Patriot Place with my husband, we decided to check out Tavolino. The hostess was very friendly and nice, as was also our waiter. The atmosphere was just ok,very casual, nothing fancy; just lacking in character. Most importantly though, it was clean! Regarding the food: pizza was pretty good: I did not really like the hot honey pepperoni because it was very greasy, but the other pizza we ordered was with red sauce, peppers and sausage, and that was delicious! Great dough and crust! The carbonara dish was just ok, and kind of tasted like something from Olive Garden. Tavolino is a mediocre restaurant,and its certainly not mind blowing good Italian food. Decent place to go while up in Foxboro for pizza. The other dishes are just meh.

Reviewed December 20, 2019

For me, this place has been hit or miss. This time was a hit (yay!). My food was excellent as was my wife's. Service was good also. Going back!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed December 19, 2019 via mobile

If you like your salad dressing on the side make sure you ask for it. They had put the salad dressing on my salad and it was like it was sitting in soup. Once I exchanged it the lettuce was fresh and green and large enough for a luncheon. I had it topped with grilled chicken and though the chicken was flavorful it was very thin, tough and overcooked. On the other hand the chicken in my companions sandwich looked a little bit too pink. The waiter was great and very friendly and attentive. The table next to us was having pizza and it looked very good.

Date of visit: December 2019

Been to Tavolino? Share your experiences!