“exceeded my expectations”
Review of Tavolino

Tavolino
Reserve with OpenTable
Tavolino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 67 Restaurants in Foxboro
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 1
Description: Tavolino is a casual-upscale restaurant serving classic and contemporary Italian dishes. We have twenty gourmet pizzas with a pizza bar at which you can sit as our professional staff perfects their creations. Our wine list has over 150 hand picked selections, seventeen of which are available by the glass. We have a full bar where we invite guests to enjoy all items on our lunch and dinner menus. Our cafe opens at 8:00am daily serving specialty coffee and espresso beverages. We also offer many pastries baked in our hearth ovens.
“exceeded my expectations”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

service was excellent. food was very good. bruschetta appetizer and pasta dishes. My son loved the chocolate desert. Waiter was 5 star.

• Visited May 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“So glad we live SO close! Our Favorite!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is our favorite go-to restaurant. We have never been disappointed, always get a great mean and always get tremendous service.
Aimee at the bar is wonderful, attentive and always has great suggestions for drinks and dinner.
They have a pretty extensive Gluten Free menu, which is super helpful!
We have been going to Tavolino consistently for a few years now, and we just love it. It never disappoints!

“OK but not stellar”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We had lunch there last week. We ordered the fried calamari app., an individual pizza and the buffalo chicken salad as well as two individual classes of wine.
We liked the fact that the wine was poured from an individual carafe with more than the average quantity for the serving. (The waiter poured a full glass and about 1/3 of a glass more was left to refill.) The fried calamari was tender but the batter was not the light flaky kind that we prefer. Rather it was a bit heavier but not oppressively so. The thin, crispy crust individual Portobello mushroom pizza was served with a topping of fresh ricotta and fresh cut tomato slices...a bit too wet for my taste but not bad. The buffalo chicken salad was not good...primarily because the three large chicken tenders were extremely stringy and tough. Not at all enjoyable. Perhaps I just got a bad serving...it happens but, I did not finish it which is very unusual.
Service was fine.

Stowe, Vermont
“Great Service - Great Food - Amazing Martini”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

My teenage daughter and I had a "girls weekend" in Foxboro. She had a basketball tournament and we stayed overnight rather than driving back/forth. After 2 intense basketball games, we both needed a relaxing evening.

This was our first visit to Patriot Place and we were really only there for a movie. A Showcase Cinema is in the same complex, but after the movie, we decided to stay for dinner and just happened to choose Tavolino...no prior reviews to read or recommendations, only a window menu.

Wow, our lucky night. The decor was great...cozy, a little noisy, but not over-the-top. There was a 30 minute wait and we were prepared to sit and wait for our name to be called, but the hostess just took our cell phone number and said she'd call us when our table was ready. Cool, we were able to shop a bit while we waited. There are several retail shops in the outdoor mall just steps away. As promised, 30 minutes later my phone rang and we headed to the restaurant.

Our table was ready and we were seated immediately. We decided to share a salad and pasta dish and, thankfully, our server didn't make us feel "weird" about it. We ordered a ceasar salad and spinach/gorgonzola ravioli to share. I really wanted a martini and the blue cheese stuffed olives did not disappoint. Like others have noted, this was really more like a "double" martini, with extra on ice on the side. I'm a little picky about my martinis, and this one was perfection.

Our server, who was exceptional, chatted with us about our day, the movie we saw and helped us choose our dinner. She never hurried us and was always nearby. She brought fantastic freshly-baked bread and a great oil/parmesan/herb dip for the table. Yum...fresh and delicious.

When our dinner arrived, it had been split in the kitchen (bonus) and we didn't have that "we're sharing" feeling of being served an extra empty plate that would force us to split at the table. We actually felt like we had each ordered a full dinner and the food was delicious. The salad greens were crisp, the dressing was perfect, not over-done, and I had anchovies on mine exactly as I requested. The spinach ravioli was delicious and served on a bed of crisp (not limp) freshly sauteed spinach...then sprinkled with toasted walnuts and crisp onions. It was perfection. We split a large order of ravioli and there is no way we could have eaten another bite.

I wish we could have tried the desserts....maybe next time, and we WILL go back for dinner again. For once, walking in "blind" to a restaurant really paid off, we loved it, and our bill wasn't over-the-top. Service certainly was a large part of what made our visit great.

Seattle, Washington
“Martinis awesome, food so-so”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After another tiring day in the area, we went to Tavolino for dinner, as it was recommended to us. The restaurant is very nice, and decor is somewhat upscale for what is really just a mall restaurant.

It was pretty deserted, so we were seated quickly. The two adults both ordered martinis (it had been a long, long day!). They were really good, and the "extra" was placed in a little carafe in an ice bowl, which kept them frosty. I liked that.

We ordered a Margherita pizza, the chicken pot pie soup, Carbonara, Wild Boar Gnocchi, and a salad.

The person who ordered the soup thought it was rich, but had a good flavor. It came with cheese scone type biscuit. The margherita pizza fell short, as the crust wasn't crispy. The Carbonara (see the attached picture) was unlike any other Carbonara I've ever seen. There were so many mushrooms, it was almost inedible. The Wild Boar Gnocchi was just o.k.; I'd never order it again. Very, very rich. Don't remember the type of salad, but the greens were very limp, and this wasn't just from the dressing. I didn't eat it. Not good.

After our drinks were brought, before the meal, we never saw our server again.

Would I recommened Tavolino or go back? Only if you wanted to sit at the bar and enjoy their great Martinis. Food nothing to write home about and our bill was higher than I would have expected.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank gracie-boo

Been to Tavolino? Share your experiences!