“Nice hotel, perfect location, but a few glitches....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Amersfoort, Netherlands
“Nice hotel, perfect location, but a few glitches....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

We were going to a Patriots game, so the location of the hotel is perfect: 1-2 minutes walk and you are in the stadium! The hotel itself is nice: new, looks trendy and has an ok restaurant. We didn't have dinner, but breakfast was ok. You can't go wrong with this hotel and we will definitely stay here again if we're going to a game.

The only serious issue we had was with housekeeping. 2 of the 3 days our room was NOT serviced. The first day I complained to the frontdesk, and someone came up (it was 10:30pm!!) to quickly change the towels and make up the bed. Nothing got cleaned.
The 2nd day, when we got to our room at around 5:30pm: room not cleaned. I complained again nothing happened After half an hour we went down again to the front-desk, complained again and went out for dinner. When we got back the room was cleaned. Forget a room once? Yeah, maybe. Twice? No way!! And the bad thing was that there were no apologies. (We had this happen to us in Vegas once (Mandalay), and as soon as I told the frontdesk our room was not clean (when we checked in) they didn't charge us for the night!! I'm not saying this is what I expect, but an apology is in place).

Another thing you have to keep in mind: parking is free. But NOT on gameday! Then they charge you $50, even if you are already a guest in the hotel. This is documented on their website, but I don't thing this is particularly guest-friendly.

Anyway, This review may come across as negative, but that is not my intention: our stay was great, we enjoyed ourselves, staff was very friendly, breakfast was nice, free wifi in the lobby/restaurant, and the perfect location!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mjeff64, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 10, 2010
Thank you Sir for your comments relative to your recent stay at the Renaissance Patriot Place.
I am pleased that ,overall, you found our staff to be helpful and friendly throughout the hotel. My sincere apologies for our oversight in Housekeeping. We have shared your comments with the department so that this will not re-occur in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you for feedback and for choosing Renaissance.

Mark Jeffery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
MASSACHUSETTS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2009

From my initial phone call to book our stay, its been amazing!!!! Meaghan Fay, one of the assistant managers made our stay better than anywhere we have stayed in the past. My husband and I, instead of exchanging gifts for special events we prefer to spend time together and we have stayed in the best boutique hotels in boston so we are a tough audience. The rooms are large, very clean and well equiped including HD TVs. There is also a very nice pool, full service bar and restaurant on site.

Also, Patriot Place has much such as dining and shopping as well as the Stadium and the Patriots hall of fame all within walking distance.

Maybe not in the city but definately worth checking out!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JKELLY0831
Machiasport, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

We stayed here in August when the LA Galaxy was in town , This is a really nice place to stay ! The whole Patriot Place complex is just wonderfull with all the different shopping and dinning options all with no driving. The rooms are plush and comfortable . The dinning in the hotel was good but a little overpriced . The service We had was second to none and they even helped us find a hotel in Niagra N.Y. as we were leaving.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank The_Saint_6565
South Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2009

We had tickets to the Titans vs. Patriots game. Since this was our first NFL game, we wanted to stay on the stadium property and enjoy the entire experience. This hotel is literally a 5 minute walk to Gillette stadium. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking the Stadium, which proved to be a bonus since we had a bird's-eye view of the crowds and could gage when we were going to head down (in the pouring/freezing rain!). The rooms were lovely and well appointed (marble in bathroom, large flat-panel TV).

This hotel is gorgeous, and the service is outstanding. The staff was always smiling, and were willing to accommodate any request we had. We booked with access to the Club Room, only $10 more but well worth it. The Club Room offers snacks, sodas, water and coffee all day long. It also includes breakfast. The girls who worked that room were by far the best concierges I have ever had the pleasure of chatting with!!

This hotel would have received 5 stars from me if it was not for the price. We paid $359 for the night, and an additional $50 for the parking. During non-game days, the hotel drastically drops to $189/night and parking is free. I don't understand why they feel the need to charge an additional $220 during game day....and the hotel was not even full! I know I know...I paid for it which must mean I agreed with the pricing, but I don't agree...I agree with the overall experience.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mss0ccerbunny
washington, DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Hotel was okay.

Front desk staff caused me to miss my train. That is inexcusable. If you don't know how long a taxi ride is, find out. If you do know, get it right. You have travelers timetables and happiness in your hands, don't blow it. You blew it.

I'm not coming back to a hotel that I don't trust, that doesn't value my time, so the rest of the review doesn't really matter. I cannot recommend this hotel, because I have no confidence that they will honor your time, needs, requests.

Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
NButcher, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2009
It is with much regret that our guest was inconvenienced. This was an unfortunate error in miscommunication to which train stop we were directing our guest to. To ensure this doesn’t happen in the future the hotel is printing out schedules and directions for all train stops for Amtrak.

Mark Jeffery, GM
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

New hotel located right by NE Patriots stadium. Room and bed were comfortable but the size of the room was a little small for 2 adults and 2 kids. Bathroom size was good. Shopping, dining and misc. activities are all within walking distance. I recommend this hotel but NOT on a football day. Valet parking on game day is $50/night - free all other times.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Sassymum
Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

Great location for games at Gillette Stadium. $50 for valet parking on game day but that was clearly stated on the reservation site. Clean comfortable beds and great amenities. Connected to Patriot Place mall with numerous shops and restaurants and a large movie theatre.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank dr215
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!