“Great Stay for A Long Weekend For Patriot's Game”

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Richmond
“Great Stay for A Long Weekend For Patriot's Game”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here Saturday and Sunday nights to go to a Patriot's Game.

The hotel was very nice and clean.

We ate several times during the weekend at 28, in the hotel, which good. Clam Chowder and Salads excellent. All staff ( host, server and bar) excellent and attentive. One time, during a long wait, they took our cell phone number so we could enjoy other things while waiting. They ended up calling us 30 minutes early with a table. Service excellent.

Front desk staff welcoming and informative. Answered all of our questions and helped secure a ride to airport.

Plenty of dining, entertainment and shopping options right outside the door.

Decor nice, tastefully done with a subtle NE Patriots football theme ( check out lighting, mirror shapes, bedding, wall prints etc ... subtle but cool)

The only reasons I did not give this a "5" rating = due to re-stocking by housekeeping and climate control. Had to go to front desk several times for items that should have been replenished during normal room cleaning. Also, there seemed to be limits set on climate control in the rooms. I couldn't get room cool enough at night. And I like "fan / white noise" when sleeping but couldn't set the control to run the fan all night like I usually can in a hotel room.

Highly recommend, especially if going to Patriot's game or other activity at Gillette.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Boston
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Worst hotel experience in a long time. The front desk manager was beyond unprofessional. Why I hate to stay with Marriott in general - employees are marriott robots and cannot think for themselves and do NOT have guest satisfaction in mind. I would prefer to stay at a Starwood anyway!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Aeporter
Scott W, Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback regarding your recent stay. I would like to discuss the service issues that you encountered while staying with us in further detail. If you would kindly email me your phone number, I would be delighted to give you a call. My email address is swilliams@colwenhotels.com.

Kind Regards,

Scott Williams
Assistant General Manager
Duxbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I decided that my wife and I were going to spend a weekend at the Renaissance over at Patriot Place. There was no game going on so it wasnt too crowded and prices werent bad at all. Pool was real nice and so was the fitness center. Restaurant inside the hotel was empty and made us choose from one of the better places in Patriot Place. Beds comfortable, rooms were clean. Only issue we had with the room was the TV didn't work correctly. I called down to the front desk and Amanda (who is great by the way, took care of us at the front desk) said she would call an engineer. Now staying at hotels alot for work, I assumed it would be a while, but within minutes an engineer was fixing our tv. (think he said his name was Dan?) The hotel definately takes customer service seriously and I appreciate that. Will deffinately stay again.

Room Tip: Try and get stadium view rooms. Much better view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Hotel is conveniently located near numerous restaurants and shops. Room was nicely appointed and clean. We were disappointed to be assigned a 2nd floor room overlooking a rooftop and equipment. The front desk assigned us a slightly better 2nd floor location. I felt that because we booked through Expedia we were not given a higher floor room. Hotel was full on weekend and later in week, however, it did not appear to be full when we arrived on Wednesday, 10/20/13. For the even the discounted price, I believe we should have had free internet service. $5 for bottled water in the room was an overkill.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Francine F
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We decided to take a last minute over night trip to Patriot Place, we have been to hotel before so we decided to go again for my husbands birthday. We went on a Sunday, and figured since the Patriots were away we would watch the game at one of the many places that Patriot Place offers.

Check in was fast and smooth, very nice room, clean, modern and great shower.

We went for pre dinner drinks at loopy bar, a really nice spot, and after dinner went back to watch the game, lot of fun and relatively quiet as it was an away game.

We had breakfast the next morning at hotel restaurant, once again very good.

We had a really nice time and would go again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Uxbridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

funny that i'm writing a review because I work for the company that owns this hotel but I just couldn't help myself. I visited the hotel during training meetings and knew it was a place to stay for my wedding night. My husband was so excitied to stay at a beautiful hotel and felt so lucky. We came on August 3rd and were treated great. We had a room with a view of patriot place and the stadium. Also since it was our wedding night, the staff left us a surprise in the room of chocolate covered strawberries and some water, since we don't drink. We walked all over patriot place and enjoyed the pool. The room was clean and fresh. Everyone was a big help in everything including finding a different place to have breakfast. A must stay when you can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Chatham, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed here three nights for a conference at Gillette Stadium across the parking lot and could not have been better. Very comfortable beds in extremely well appointed rooms with great bathrooms. Connected to Patriot Place with numerous bars, restaurants and shop in all price ranges. Staff was more than helpful with every request that I had from front desk to the bartenders. Hopefully I get to stay here again maybe for game or another conference.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!