New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Toronto, Canada
“Worth the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

My fiance (a diehard Patriots fan) and I stayed here Wednesday-Friday because we were in town from Canada for the New England Patriots vs. New York Jets home opener.

We took our time researching many hotels in the Boston and Foxboro area and decided on the Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place because of the good reviews, beautiful photographs and more importantly the walking distance it was to Gillette Stadium, Pro Shop and The Hall.

We were a little uneasy about the cost but that went away once we arrived.

The staff were exceptionally friendly, not just at the front desk but throughout the hotel.
The hotel was spotless and I know when I walked in the lobby, I felt like I was at a modern, fairly upscale hotel.
We had a chance to try breakfast(room service) and dinner down at the restaurant, both delicious.
More important, the room. I loved our room. It didn't feel like your typical hotel, it was much more "homey" and that is what I was hoping for. I felt at home and I felt comfortable.
The bed at the Renaissance Boston Hotel & Spa at Patriot Place has ruined all other beds for me. I have never been so comfortable before and I had the most amazing sleeps in that bed.

I would recommend this hotel to any New England fan and if it is in your budget, atleast once, upgrade your room to have the Gillette Stadium View, such a beautiful thing to go to bed to and wake up to.

We are so glad we decided to stay here and will stay here again when we come back for future Patriot games.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Guttenberg, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I chose this hotel because I was in town for my cousin's wedding, which took place at Gillette Stadium right next door. I stayed Friday-Saturday, and was pretty comfortable the whole time. The location was perfect - not only was it right next to the venue of the wedding, there were also plenty of restaurants and shops at Patriot Place, and I was really glad that it was so convenient. On the day of the wedding, I was planning to wear a spaghetti strap dress, but the weather was a bit chilly, and I had forgotten to pack a cover-up to keep myself warm. So I walked over to one of the shops and bought a pretty shawl for $10. In terms of food, there was a Dunkin Donuts, an ice cream/fro-yo shop (Awesome Coffee Khalua Brownie ice cream!), a gourmet pizza place, Five Guys Burger, a Trader Joe, etc. There is something for everybody. I had dinner at the hotel restaurant because I got in pretty late on Friday night. Had the seared scallops and a glass of wine, and I think the quality is pretty decent.
In terms of the room: It was pretty huge for a standard room. I had a comfortable king sized bed, the closet and bathroom are large as well. I was pleased that for once, there were enough hangers in the closet, as well as plenty of counter space for my toiletries. The one downside I noticed was that lighting in the bathroom was dim, which made applying make-up pretty challenging. Thankfully there was a full-length mirror with in the room, and good amount of natural light coming through the window.
I didn't use the spa, the gym or the pool, and also didn't use the wi-fi, so I cannot comment on those. There were no games or concerts going on during my stay, and I noticed that it was quiet.
Overall I would recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Renaissance is the hipper and more stylish full service hotel option under the Marriott brand and this Renaissance perfectly captures that feeling. Rooms are very contemporary and upscale here; nice and big glass showers too. I did not get a chance to try out the food in their Concierge Lounge (available to Marriott Rewards Gold and Platinum members), but it seemed nice. Service is friendly and it is adjacent to Gillette Stadium (my room rate was reasonable, but I imagine room rates are high during NFL season).

Pros: Great rooms (comfortable, contemporary and upscale), free parking, friendly service, location is very convenient if you are in this area to watch the Patriots play

Cons: Limited availability (rooms do not seem to be available for a lot of weekends), a long drive to get to Boston, depending on what is going on, room rates can be high

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of Gillette Stadium
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice friendly service, super comfortable beds, nice size rooms. The location is a bit out of the way but with the silver line stop right across the street it's not an issue. Plenty of restaurants around and in 15 minutes you're in the heart of Boston.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Westwood, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed at the Renaissance for a business meeting. The meeting room was excellent. The hotel is very clean and modern. I was extremely impressed by the staff. The hotel is located next to Gillette Stadium and the shops at Patriot Place. Great place to stay to watch a game or see a concert.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Westport, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found the staff to be outstanding and very accommodating.In particular staff members Ashley
and Mary were very helpful with providing me with lots of ice for my foot injury.The hotels
location and parking made it very easy to get to my Canton Mass destination.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

The Renaissance is in an amazing location and only wish I had time during a brief business trip to check out the shops and area. The Renaissance itself is a modern, clean and great hotel very close to the Patriot stadium. As platinum I had access to Exec lounge and it was solid. The rooms were clean, comfortable and bathrooms stocked with Aveda products. Service during the meeting was solid with the one complaint that they wheeled out the breakfast unexpectedly and a bit early. One small point that was nice is I could change the thermostat without calling maintenance. Meetings are always a breeding ground for comments about room temperature! Lunch was excellent. Great location and amenities for business meeting.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank libba
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Courtyard Boston Foxborough/Mansfield
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!