“Nice hotel and great food!”

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Basking Ridge, NJ
“Nice hotel and great food!”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

As usual, we had a huge Pokemon tournament at Gillette Stadium. (Which btw, blows my own Giants Stadium out of the water - wow!) Anyway, along with the stadium and Patriot Place, we stayed at the hotel on the grounds which is the Renaissance. I managed to get a great rate at $189 per night compared to $219-$249 that our other friends were getting. It could be due to the fact that I booked this MONTHS in advance and not just a couple of weeks earlier. For $189, we had a great stay. The hotel is lovely, the restaurant has really fantastic sirloin and homemade pizza ($7 for kids meal with fresh pizza!!) and the rooms were very comfortable. The only thing I didn't like was that our lamp shade looked out of place in the room (ugly and used) compared with the rest of the room.
Oh, do NOT use their internet though. Slow and expensive. Gillette Stadium offered us free wi-fi so we went with that when we were in their facilities. Otherwise, we just used our own plans for the internet as that was cheaper than what the Renaissance was offering.
We did not go into the pool but it seemed fine and there were lots of people using it. And unfortunately, I did not get a chance to check out the spa. We stayed for 2-night and the beds were comfortable, although I would have liked larger pillows.
Again, very nice stay and fantastic food (a bit pricey but so much tastier than what they have at Patriot Place.)
Huge tip: Do NOT buy into the Concierge Lounge level on the weekends!!! They close it each weekend and only open it during the week.

Room Tip: Huge tip: Do NOT buy into the Concierge Lounge level on the weekends!!! They close it each weekend...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Essex, Connecticut
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Erik was patient and creative in solving a few glitches during my check-in. He helped me find appropriate and interesting activities in the area for my college kids and also had suggestions for my professional and family dining needs. His patience and cheerful manner set the tone for a great stay. Thank you, Erik - You made me want to stay at Renaissance again!

Room Tip: When you have a problem, instead of complaining, be part of the solution - be reasonable but speak u...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Battle Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have stayed here three different times for a yearly conference. I really like the location and the cleanliness of the hotel. The rooms are nice, modern, clean and comfortable. I find it to be unfortunate that the hotel charges $10.95 per day for in room interent access. That to me is a huge downside for a hotel. Also, this would not be a hotel I would take my young children to because it is fancier. Patriot Place is well set-up so that you can walk to a number of restaurants, stores and the stadium is right there. If you are looking for a high-end, kid free hotel, then this will work fine. Otherwise, you will probably want to look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed here 2 times and the place is very clean, great views of the stadium. The bed and pillows were nice, the room was big and the bathrooms were nice. There are plenty of bars/restaurants to choose from and it is nice on a warm summer night to hang out at the outdoor bar. We had breakfast at the hotel because it was included in our package and the meal was good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
lima
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our room was top notch. Huge with views of the stadium. All the amenities you could want. Unfortunately we had a group of folks that decided to disrupt everyone near their rooms at 1-2am. It took the threat of security being called by someone yelling in the hallway to calm them down. We were there for a birthday party and not some crazy sporting event that would lead to this kind of noise. Anyhow it was a great room for the night we stayed there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Beverly, MA
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We recently opted to stay at the Renaissance in Foxboro while attending a funeral in Pawtucket. We stayed on a Wednesday night and were upgraded to the Club level due to my husband's Platinum status with Marriott. From the time we walked in the front door we were greeted with extremely friendly staff. After reading previous reviews I meant to request a non-connecting room (which is usually a standard request) but I forgot. Of course we got a connecting room and conversation from the other side could be heard. My husband called to ask for a non-connecting room and was immediately told that they were sold out. A few minutes later we received a call to move us down the hall. The trade off was that we had a much smaller room and matching bathroom. For one night we could live with this. The big problem was that there was no mirror except for the one over the bathroom sink! Kind of hard to get dressed and check yourself out before heading out for the day/night. The staff in the Club room were wonderful and the food was ok for free. Nice to have places to eat and shop outside the hotel door. As for cleanliness, there was a good size spot of something pink on the carpet. Hmmm.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room, hopefully "regular" size.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Got into room with beverages to put in fridge to find there wasn't one. Horrible headache so wanted to take a nap. Backseat of my car would have been more comfortable than the mattress and pillows (my husband called the pillows sandbags) So with no nap and drinks on ice from machine, we head down to the pool to relax in hot tub. They don't have one. Water too cold in pool for me. He went in only to come out all slimey. Who knows the last time the bottom of pool was cleaned. So we decide to warm up in sauna. The only sauna is in the spa in the woman's dressing room. Decided to pre-order for in-room breakfast. Late delivering that. Didn't want to eat down in restaurant because the poor waitress/bartender was reprimanded day before that she wasn't going to get paid next time she forgets to swipe out at the end of her shift.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank tbysty
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!