“Not worth it for the rate”

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Check In- there is only valet parking which you are forced to pay at least $50 for since there is no self parking. We had to wait 4hrs after arriving to check in which just about made us late for the Patriots game

Rooms- average and nothing really special for $400 plus a night. Usually you get see a nicely tiled glass surrounded shower for those rates, not a one piece tub you find at a Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express.

Breakfast- The buffet was nice but you will pay the price (as in waiting a lont time) if you stray from the buffet and want something off the actual menu. My wife waited about 25min for simple eggs. Everyone else was finished eating before her meal even came out.

Atmoshpere- The Patriot Place shops next door are nice but beware if you are staying in the hotel during a game or event. The guests around us were loud and rowdy until about 3am when they finally left or passed out so don't count on a nice relaxing visit if there is an event going on at Gillette.

Pool- I don't ever recall seeing a hotel that had a pool without a hot tub near it. We got back from a freezing game night at Gillette and I was excited to take my son to the hot tub to warm up to find there wasn't one. The pool water was too cold to even go in so that was another major dissappointment for the $400 per night rate.

All in All I would not spend the money on this place if you can't get it at least under $200. I've stayed at much nicer Renaissance hotels for the money. I think your hotel rate is 90% convconvenience for location and 10% facility.

My rating of poor is based on what you get for the rate you pay. The hotel was relatively clean and newer and close to all the excitement but that is about it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank DJeter50
There are newer reviews for Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We live about 45 mins from the patriots place and we always go there anytime we are looking for a quick weekend getaway to unwind from our busy weeks and relax before the new week. The hotel is super clean. I am very picky with hotels but I will go here again and again. Its clean, quiet, and the staff are friendly. It is also located in a great spot, overlooking shops and restaurants. Only a few steps out the back entrance and you are greeted with shops, restuarants, and entertainment. About 10 mins drive from the hotel is also the Wrentham Premium Outlets made up of outlet desginer stores. Its great for an easy weekend getaway. We have been twice already and will most definitely go back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nice hotel and very convenient to Gillette Stadium and the surrounding shops, although I was traveling on business and not there for a football game. Room was decent, however, the corridors were noisy due to holiday partygoers...called front desk and they addressed it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dackerly
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Ample parking- I called ahead when I saw the notice about valet, $50 charge, etc. Apparently, it's only on game days that it's valet/charge only, any other day it's free on-site self parking. Check-in was quick. No upgrade was given as MR plat (one of the few times I was disappointed, I never ask and rarely receive any upgrade and as a diehard Patriots fan I was hoping for a stadium view). I arrived here around 10:30, racing down rt1 hoping to arrive before the lounge closed (assumed 10pm, but hoped for 11pm) upon arrival, I found that the lounge was closed, and food service ended at 11pm in the restaurant. Unfortunately for me, I had a little bit of work to get done before I could worry about dinner, by the time I was done at 11pm EVERYTHING was closed. I looked online, asked around, etc. There are many restaurants in the immediate area but they all closed by 11pm- bummer! I don't fault the property for this though, obviously.

To my understanding, this is a fairly new property, which is a bit surprising because the wallpaper and carpets seem a little beat up and dated. The business center was decently equipped with basic supplies but the computer was quite slow and the monitor was flickering.

As a brand, I love Renaissance property's, and I want to love this one (especially as a pats fan) but I just can't. I don't see myself returning. Just disappointed all-around.

I must say though, the service was very good.

Room Tip: AAA rate for huge savings. Call ahead and ask if stadium view is available!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew C
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I really liked everything about this hotel. The rooms were quiet and comfortable, beds were great, the staff was super friendly and helpful. The hotel couldn't be any closer to the stadium and mall at Patriot Place. Unfortunately I was only here for business and not a game - but I bet this place is a fantastic hub of activity on a game day. This was the first hotel I've ever stayed in where you needed your key for the ice machine room - ha!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was given a nice room overlooking Gillette Stadium. While I found this to be a benefit, it did mean bright lights through the window all night long. The parking was sufficient, the bar large (although I did not eat there) and there are countless stores and restaurants in walking distance in Patriot Place.

I found the staff very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here on Thanksgiving night. At the price we paid (government rate), we got two rooms instead of one, so we could each have a queen bed.

The lobby was nice, the front desk staff both at check-in and check-out were extremely nice. We did not eat in the restaurant at all. The website says there is a Starbucks, but it was merely a few coffee urns of Starbucks coffee at the end of the bar.

My son enjoyed the pool, while my daughter enjoyed the workout room.

The rooms were spacious and immaculate. The beds were comfortable, and it was a quiet, peaceful night's rest.

I don;t think I'd care to go when there is a game, but for our purposes, the stay was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!