“Great Hotel. Staff was excellent”

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We recently stayed the night here after a concert at the Comcast Center in Mansfield. The location is great being at Patriot Place. The restaurants, bars and shops make for plenty of things to do.

The hotel is very well kept, and very clean. Rooms are in excellent shape, common areas are nice and the restaurant was expensive but nice and food was decent.

We did have breakfast in the restaurant (Twenty 8) and the food was good, staff were excellent and the price was a tad expensive.

Parking is a hassle. The hotel lot was full when we returned from the concert and had to park( after having inquired with the front desk) in a Gillette Stadium lot which if you read the info on the hotel's site it stipulates that there is no overnight parking allowed at Gillette.

The walls are fairly thin and the doors to the guest rooms have a tendency to slam shut. Probably a security feature but can be annoying at 5:30 AM. Overall not a big deal but one that seems strange given how expensive this hotel is.

Lastly my one real complaint has more to with the spa and it's staff. Not very helpful or friendly.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms have views of Gillette Stadium and the Boston skyline.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a great stay at the hotel and we ended up catching a comedy dinner show right at the hotel!
Show and dinner were awesome. I am not sure if the comedy dinner show is every weekend or not. I would definitely recommend this to friends and family.

Room Tip: Loved it! Very accommodating, clean, friendly staff.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Had business in the area and stayed at this hotel. It's easy to find and is in a great little area with shops and the stadium. As I couldn't find any other chain hotels in the vicinity, I stayed here and was not disappointed. It is extremely clean and modern with an upscale bar/restaurant onsite. I think the property would be ideal to stay at after a game or an event at the stadium or if you have business in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My first stay at this hotel two years ago was 5 stars, but although I wish I could give it five stars this time I can't. The hotel and the room looks great, but if you want a good nights sleep this is not the best choice. The bed was sloped and saggy and there was a loud metal clanking noise all night long on the fourth floor. Perhaps it was construction or maybe it was pipes but it was loud enough for me to record it on my iPhone and it went on all night long.

Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I went to a Jimmy Buffet concert with a friend and we decided to stay here. It was a little more expensive than other hotels around, but totally worth it. It was close to the Comcast Center where the concert was. The mall is right next to the hotel so there was plenty to do and a lot of places to eat (Toby Keith's Bar was our favorite!). Check in/ check out was smooth. Free coffee in the am, no continental breakfast though. Rooms were very clean and comfortable. View of Gillette Stadium was cool. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My son and I stayed here for one night for the Kenny Chesney/Tim McGraw concert. We were concerned about the parking and getting to the hotel the day of but we drove right into the driveway and the valet was right there to take our car. From the time we walked in to the time we were in the room was about 5 minutes. Everyone at the front desk and valet were extremely friendly and helpful, as was the room service attendant. My family and I just recently stayed at 2 Four Seasons resorts and I can honestly say the workers at this Renaissance were better in every way. The room was very clean and comfortable and the hotels proximity to the stadium cant be beat. If you are going to Gillette stadium and need a hotel I dont see why you would stay anywhere is. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The game did not begin until 8PM so we arrived early so that we could check out Patriot Place, see the Hall of Fame and have lunch.

We fully expected to leave our luggage and head out to explore. We were really surprised to find our room was ready and we could check right in. That was great.

Since it was a game day, they required valet parking at $50. It's a lot, but they make sure you know about it before you arrive. It's on the website and also on their confirmation email. We got the room on points, but that did not cover the parking.

We really liked the hotel, very nice room, great shower and once we figured out where all the light switches in the bathroom were...all was good.

I would definately recommend it. Patriot Place is great to visit especially if you're a Pats fan. The Hall of Fame, attached to the stadium was great...as was this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!