“Modern, elegant, but a bit uppity”

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Blandford, Massachusetts
“Modern, elegant, but a bit uppity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed for one night on business. The room was great. Hotel is beautiful. Aveda toiletries. Comfy pillows. However, the food is a little pricy and I didn't think it was worth the money. Got an appetizer on special (hand made chips and dip). There were so few chips we had more than half the dip left so we asked for more but were told "sorry, you would have to place another order". This is just one example of how the staff seemed as if they were too stuck on their high end hotel rather than being accommodating and ensuring guest satisfaction. C'mon, chips? Is that too much to ask for when a meal for the group is $300?

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank RedHead829

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Easthampton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

I stayed at the Renaissance @ Patriot Stadium one night for a transportation conference. All was great with the hotel, restaurant and the staff. However I stayed in room 206 which is on the front side of the building over the loading dock. At 5:00AM a truck pulled up and idled for over an hour. No sense to complain I was already up and couldn't go back to sleep anyway. You'll have to ask to be on the back side of the building.

Room Tip: Get a room on the back side of the building.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Briandiver
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this review, December 28, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Boston Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa for your travel needs and I appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to succeed in improving our service to you and others.

I was pleased to see that your overall impression of our hotel, restaurant and staff was favorable. I was however disappointed to hear your stay was less than perfect due to the truck noise outside of your room. Our goal at the Boston Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa is to ensure that every guest leaves completely satisfied with all aspects of their visit. We truly value your business and would welcome the opportunity to regain your trust should your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

Please feel free to personally reach out to me and it will be my pleasure to insure you are located in a quieter area of the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Jeff Roike
Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

I am a long time Patriots fan but living in the UK they are not the easiest team for me to see. When we visited Cape Cod I added this hotel onto the end of our trip giving the chance to see Gillette and the Pats. The hotel is great very pleasant and the room was beautiful. Very spacious and the bathroom was great, probably the best shower is any hotel I have visited, almost rivalling my home shower. We had a view of the stadium and it was a great view, day and night. The location is great all the shops and restaurants at Patriot Place and it’s a 3 minute walk to Gillette. Great hotel and I will be returning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Doylestown, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

During a college visit weekend with my daughter and her friend, we stayed at the Renaissance at Patriot's Place. I loved access to all the restaurants and shopping. Fortunately, there was not a game or concert going on at Gillette Stadium so traversing the area was easy. We did not have time to enjoy all the amenites though I did use the fitness center (3 stars out of 5) which was okay. I will definately consider staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Warren, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2011

I went to the Epoche Spa yesterday for the Indulgence Package, which included a massage, facial, manicure, and pedicure. I was immediately impressed upon entering the relaxation area, dim lights, soft music, and coffee, tea, and water awaited. There is a sauna in the changing area, which I did not use.

I was taken for the massage and the massage therapist was very kind, she explained the process since it was my first massage. It was so cozy and wonderful, the time flew by. I felt so relaxed afterwards, I almost fell asleep in the relaxation area!

All of the rest of the treatments were also very nice, the women were all so kind and really knew their job. I would highly recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Puella202
Westborough, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

My wife and I had gone to the Renaissance Hotel earlier this year for an overnight getaway and massage. (We have a toddler. Relaxation time is precious.) That trip was fine. This one was as well...except for the Spa Epoche. The spa moved to a smaller space in the hotel (cost saving measure?) in June and now DOES NOT HAVE any facilities for male clients. No changing room, no showers, no steam, no bathroom...and no advance warning from the spa when we booked our massages. I had to change in an empty massage room while a spa worker stood guard outside the door. Luckily, we had not checked out of the hotel yet so I could run back upstairs to shower after the massage, otherwise I would've been greasy and SoL. Also, the cost was the same for my inferior treatment as it was for my wife's, even though she had all the amenities and I had none. I'm pretty sure if the roles were reversed and there were no facilities for female patrons, someone would've hammered Spa Epoche for their discriminatory business practice. The Spa Epoche manager acknowledged the inequality as a known problem but had nothing to offer to remedy the situation.

Room Tip: The hotel rooms are very nice. Comfortable, stylish but neither too funky nor too blandly generic, g...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank William H
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2011
Thank you for choosing the Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa for your travel needs and I appreciate your feedback on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay. It is only through comments such as yours that we are able to succeed in improving our service to you and others.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced surrounding the Spa Epoche while staying at the hotel. I understand your concerns and want you to know we are addressing these issues. The relocation of the Spa has proven to be very well accepted and I am pleased to announce the female changing facility was entirely renovated and recently reopened. As the Spa continues to evolve, I am working with ownership surrounding the feasibility of adding additional facilities for our valued male clients.

Our goal at the Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa is to ensure that every guest leaves completely satisfied with all aspects of their visit. We truly value your business and it would be my pleasure to inform you as the evolution of the Spa continues and to welcome the opportunity to regain your trust should your travels bring you back to the Boston area.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Best regards,
Jeff Roike
Renaissance Patriot Place Hotel and Spa
Knoxville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

This hotel is very busy on a game weekend. We stayed here for the Colonial Clash game between UMass and UNH. This was the UMass team hotel. The hustle and bustle of fans, friends, family and the team made this a fun place to be. The hotel is located at one end of Patriot Place which is like a of "Downtown Disney" place with stores, restaurants and bars. It all made for a very festive, high-energy stay. The only place for free wireless Internet is in the lobby (corded service in the room was $10.95 per 24 hours from noon to noon) which makes this a ridiculous choice for a business traveler. We paid a hefty fee to stay in a room with a "Stadium view" - it is a view of the parking lot of the stadium -- won't bother paying for that again. Rooms are lovely but the bed was soft and saggy. The restaurant's only breakfast option on Saturday was the buffet which was $20 per adult. It was very picked over but after mentioning this to the chef at the omelet station, he brought an abundant array of fruits and pastries directly to our table. Had a drink at the bar one evening - they were out of liquor we ordered but the staff retrieved a new bottle from storage but it did take awhile. This is not a hotel I would choose for a regular visit to the area but I would stay no where else if I was in the area for a game.

Room Tip: Don't pay the extra fee for a "stadium view" - not worth it.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!