“Sweet People Who Don't Know How to Run a Hotel”

Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Foxboro
Reviewed April 25, 2011

The hotel front desk people were extremely friendly and helpful. however, it was clear the hotel was not run well (I don't know how they got AAA 4 diamonds). The lobby was filled with adults and little kids running around in dripping wet bathing suits which was extremely inappropriate. Someone should have told them to wear cover ups and be dry so I won't fall in puddles of water on the lobby floor. The lobby had this awful music playing that matched this awful bright red decor. We ate breakfast in the room after our first experience as we hated the decor and loud music. The room had equally as "Bright and Vibrant" decor which was not restful or soothing. We asked for another luggage rack, and got 6 additional trash cans. Finally after 5 calls, several hours later, we finally got the luggage rack along with the non-feather pillows we requested. Since we generally stay at Four Seasons, Ritz Carltons, etc, we were shocked by how cheap breakfast was ($11 for a continental). However, after spending one morning eating in this dreadful breakfast area with stale food items and orange juice that tasted out of a can, I missed paying the $30 for a breakfast that is wonderful and a calming experience. I have also never ordered a room service breakfast that did not come on a table and was missing coffee mugs. We had to eat the stale and cold breakfast on a tray on top of the bed. Either way I guess breakfast was a lose lose. I must reiterate that the people who worked here were friendly, but perhaps not the best at situation managing a hotel. If you stay at these Renaissance properties a lot its probably fine (I still can't get over the fact that there was no turn down service), but this hotel seriously needs rethinking. Just a non-downtown Las Vegas sleazy casino decor with classical music instead of this hip-hop music would go a far way.

• Stayed: April 2011
3  Thank Lovz2Travel
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for your comments relative to your recent stay with us. I was pleased to hear that you found our service ambassadors to be friendly and helpful. It was disappointing to hear that you felt that the food quality at breakfast was lacking. We will revisit our bakery program to ensure that our production procedures create the highest quality and freshest baked goods each day. Thank you for staying at Patriot Place.

Mark Jeffery,

Reviewed March 21, 2011

I am extremely disappointed with my recent stay at the hotel. I was there for a wedding the weekend of March 17, 2011. my room was nice, until I took my shower and the water did not drain. When I told the front desk, they finished my sentence before I did asking if it drained or not. There was construction going on at the hotel, I stayed across from a room that had cones and exposed concrete. The night of the 18th, after the wedding we went to the hotel bar and at one point went upstairs to change and cam back down. Unknown to me the bar had called last call, we asked the bartender for 2 beers and he said no. Really? there was about thirty of us there. I didnt know business' were doing so well they can turn down money. Then someone asked us to move from the bar area to the seating area, because they needed to set up for breakfast. really? Let alone that the promises that were given to the bride and groom that were not followed thru with. I also was one of the people who did not get to book under the blocked rooms and had to pay more money for that. I have never been to a hotel that was so not customer oriented. I will make sure to post this on other sites as well.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank GRizzly1023
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2011

Dear valued Guest,

I apologize for your less than satisfactory experience at our hotel. We pride ourselves in both our Spirit to Serve and our 1st impression. We are currently under construction in our guest suites to improve our property. A hotel with construction within its interior will always compromise its 1st impression which is understandably upsetting for those staying in the hotel at that time. I was extremely surprised to hear of any plumbing issues as we haven’t experienced such issues being a hotel yet 2 years old, however we are looking into this issue to prevent future occurrences. My hope is that you would give our property another chance to show you an experience that is more in keeping with our reputation since inception.

Mark Jeffery,

Reviewed March 14, 2011

The hotel was very clean, staff is very pleasant, but the food is less than mediocre. Having stayed in a lot of Marriott properties, the concierge lounge offerings were less than what I receive in other hotels. The staff in the lounge was wonderful though.

But then we get to the food. I ordered room service which included a Caesar and Lobster Mac. It was Monday and since it probably had spent the weekend in a reach-in fridge, the pasta absorbed all liquid, leaving all butter fat and grease. It was just gross after being baked. Inedible.

Room service handled it well by refunding my money, but I would rather just have good food the first time and have paid for it.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments relative to your stay at the Patriot Place Renaissance. I was pleased to hear that you found the hotel clean and that our staff provided a high level of service. However, I was disappointed to hear that one of our top sellers, the lobster Mac and cheese, was less than satisfactory. We are revisiting the preparation of that item to ensure the flavor and texture of the final product is in keeping with the quality of the rest of our menu. We always appreciate guest feedback to ensure that we continue to improve every aspect of each guests experience.

Thank you for your comments.

Mark Jeffery

Reviewed February 17, 2011

Traveled to the Renaissance for a business meeting in February. It is the first hotel at Patriot Place and still very new. It is nicely decorated and the rooms/bathrooms are really nice, with Aveda products, good beds (as expected at a Marriott property), and a nice lounge/restaurant area. Saw the pool/workout area and it is better than most (though I didn't have time to use them). You are also steps from restaurants, shops, and Gillette Stadium.

Two concerns, first the meeting rooms were very nice and comforable, but the stadium room which has a glass sliding door open to the lounge area was very loud. So I wouldn't recommend this room for a meeting. Second, we had several catered meals/breaks and the overall food choices were not healthy at all. Drinks at breaks were sodas & aqua fina. Juices had sugar added. Granola bars served at one break were nutri-grain and other bars all with high-fructose corn syrup and we were overcharged for them. Bagels at breakfast for all white, no whole grains.

Otherwise, though, if you have a reason to stay in Foxboro or attend an event (though I bet rates would be really high at that point) this is a great choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Booked a night's stay for 12/30/10 but had to postpone the trip to 1/15/11 because the concert we were attending was also postponed. I called the hotel and was delighted when they informed me that I could easily switch my trip and everything would remain the same. I was so relieved. The following day I received a new confirmation number with my new date and the quoted price rate. Two days later, I was contacted via email that there was an increase of over $400 due to an NFL playoff game. I was not alarmed yet because I had the confirmation email and I assumed that as they sent me the agreement that they would still honor their word. After several emails back and forth, I could not have been more wrong. I believe that rep that rebooked my trip was unaware of the huge price increase but that was not my error. The hotel did offer to rebook me at a neighboring hotel and also offered me an explanation of how "supply and demand" works. My advice the management rep I emailed but never spoke to suggested that if I was not going to the game, I probably would not want to stay at the hotel. The staff member also mentioned that they personally would not pay the lofty nightly rate. I suggest that you do not either. I was so disturbed by their failure to take responsibilty of their error that I will aviod all hotels related to this chain.

3  Thank gail7521
Colwen_Management, General Manager at Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

I regret that when you changed your original reservation, you were not told until later that, January 15th was a black out date due to the Stadium Event held for the New England Patriots that weekend. Whenever there is a full stadium event our price structure is compromised to meet the demand for this location. We pride ourselves in our ability to serve each and every guest and apologize for this miscommunication.

We appreciate your feedback and will use this as a reference to avoid future issues.

Best regards,

Mark Jeffery, General Manager

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I bought the Touchdown Package for my husband for Christmas which included tickets to the Patriots game along with the room, breakfast, manager's reception, and a few other extras. It was very expensive but the only way to avoid the crazy traffic after the game - just go across the street to the hotel!

All of the staff were excellent. Very polite and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Reception before the game was ok - food very mediocre but it gave us a chance to meet some of the other people going to the game. Breakfast at the restaurant was included and was good but the restaurant was understaffed so we had to wait quite a while to get in even though there were lots of empty tables, That said, the wait staff was great.
The business centre was not busy at all and made it very easy to print off our boarding passes to come home.

Great hotel but i suspect the area is much like a ghost town when there is no football game. Some good sports stores in Patriots Place and the I had the best salad of my life at the CBS Lounge. Skipjacks was just ok - CBS Lounge MUCH better food!.

All in - a good trip but the cost would make this an infrequent trip for us, as much as we love the Pats!

Reviewed January 4, 2011

Ok so I hemmed and hawed because I didn't want to pay the pricetag on this hotel. One night cost us what 2 or 3 nights would have cost us somewhere else, but we were going to see the Patriots play and wanted to stay overnight. What I found looking here was that many of the other area hotels all had issues. I am a freak when it comes to sleeping somewhere that I feel is dirty so I kept going back to this hotel and finally just booked it.

The place was amazing. Where do I start? The check in process was easy and quick. Everyone we had to ask questions of was curteous and informative. The room was clean, large and nicely decorated. Aveda products were provided and even though we did not pay for the upgrade we had a view of the stadium. My husband could not have been happier. It was all around a great experience and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Foxboro
0 mi away
Holiday Inn Mansfield-Foxboro Area
Hampton Inn Franklin
Hampton Inn Franklin
#1 of 3 in Franklin

Been to Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel? Share your experiences!