“Love the comedy in this great theatre. Lots of fun!”
Review of Showcase Live

Showcase Live
Ranked #10 of 19 things to do in Foxboro
Reviewed February 21, 2012

There's nothing like live theatre!
In a great venue!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I went to Showcase Live in Patriot Place for a private event, Jim Breuer's Metal Man Comedy Show and Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show. The venue has a great atmosphere - always clean and classically decorated. The food is good, but my husband and I feel it's overpriced. The 1/2 pound burger is $12 - Hubby said it was worth 6 because it lacked flavor and bacon wasn't an option for a topping. I had the Bistro salad for $9, but after adding chicken and shrimp, it turned out to be a $19 salad. It was yummy, but WOW on the price. (I would expect to pay these prices in Boston or NY, but not Foxboro.)

When there is a seated show, they pack the tables VERY tightly - it's difficult to eat and not hit your neighbor's arm. Rectangular tables with 6 chairs on each side... 5 would have been more manageable and comfortable.

For an 8pm show during the week, I wouldn't bother arriving until 7 or so... on the weekends, you should arrive at 6 and eat there because the front seats fill up quickly. The VIP booths are 1/2 round booths surrounding the perimeter of the floor... you can only book one with a party of 4. There really isn't a bad seat in the whole place, so I don't know if I'd bother with the VIP prices if you're going to arrive early anyway.

We will definitely go back there, but will eat elsewhere. Hope this is helpful!

1  Thank Jordana44
Reviewed December 30, 2011

This is a new venue. Though it's small in scale, the sound quality and views are decent, with plenty of parking.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Have seen several shows here and never had a bad time. Prices tend to be a bit high on the food and drinks, but the venue comfort and access makes that all worthwhile.

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Saw Bruce Marshall Group open for Roomful of Blues. Both excellent.

The venue is clean, open, with decent acoustics (and plenty of parking and bathrooms!). If you get there fairly early to grab a decent seat (typically at a shared table with 4-6 people, we were lucky to share with 2 very friendly couples) don't be afraid to try the food. Although the wait staff was really busy, our orders came fast and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food.

We drove about 45 minutes to get there, would do it again if a group was playing I really wanted to see.