“Overpriced”

Ranked #45 of 67 Restaurants in Foxboro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Was shocked to see the drink prices at Waxy O'Connor's. As I mentioned in another review of a Foxboro venue, their prices are as if they were located in the heart of Boston or NYC. I just don't understand how they stay in business. (I didn't eat there, so I can't comment on the food.)

1  Thank Jordana44
There are newer reviews for Waxy O'Connor's

Reviewed November 28, 2011

These guys are really trying. Service is good and the prices are fair. They can actually draw a Guinness the way you are supposed to.

1  Thank mike t
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This place used to be a good spot. We live in the area so it was a great go-to place for a beer and a decent pub dinner. The rueben was awesome.
Over the last 6-9 months I've noticed a few little changes. They never play Irish music any more, they seem more concerned with playing the same music as every other bar and the food isn't as good. The crown seems a little... different too.

If they want to be like every other bar, they may not do well in the long run. People around here liked having a little Irish place. Now they're going to go looking elsewhere.

2  Thank newenglandfoodie
Reviewed October 23, 2010

First service is horrible! Never get waited by Matt or Sonya the bartenders there behaviors are unacceptable in any establishment they were fighting over tips how classless. Please dont ever order the chicken wings, they smell and taste like a wet dog. I had he chips and cheese dip was horrible the next time I went there and was sick for days.

Seriously, avoid this place like the plague, I even called to complain and left a message for the manager and never got a phone call back. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible...........

5  Thank iwantgoodservice0
Reviewed April 10, 2010

Waxy O'Connor's Irish Pub & Restaurant "Not good"
April 10, 2010 - Doesn't like it - This place is a beer joint plain and simple. I ordered a bowl of chili which came w three chicks, no sour cream, no cheese, no spice. It was a sloppy Joe- when I asked for a few more chips, they wanted another $2. It wasn't worth it. I then ordered a rueben which was ok, but the fries came our warm and limp and greazy, as did my wifes. I asked for just a few that were warm, and they sent me the same ones which were microwaved. I wouldn't eat there again.

5  Thank hpi111

Been to Waxy O'Connor's? Share your experiences!