“One of the best restaurants in the boston area”
Review of Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro - CLOSED

Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Gillette Stadium
Reviewed March 21, 2013

The fact that this restaurant isnt ranked number 1 in foxboro is absurd. This is one of the best restaurants ive been to in mass nevermind foxboro. As soon as you walk in the door you live the strip mall hell behind of patriots place and you are surrounded by what is clearly a classy atmosphere. For starters we ordered the cheese plate which was a bit pricey at 21 dollars but it was dam good. For entrees I ordered the rabbit which was served 3 ways and believe me when i say this was one of the best meals i have had in a long time. My other half ordered the chicken and in her words "it was good, but i enjoyed my martinis the best. there were some things on my plate with the chicken that i didnt know what they were. but those martinis, those martinis....". I also ordered a wine journey which was a serving of 3 wine glasses all about a third full and we got a desert which i dont remember what they called it but the portion was huge and it was good. All in all its expensive as our bill was around $150 for apps, 4 drink orders, 2 entrees and desert. But thats ok cause when the food is top notch and the service is good i walked away feeling like i got my monies worth.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have stayed at the Renaissance a bunch of times now and have finally made my way around all of the "decent" (translated: not chain type) restaurants in Patriot Place. Had dinner at Tastings twice now and the food is superb. It is by far the best quality restaurant in the Patriot Place complex. The chef is very creative.......I like the support the local farms initiative and both meals I had there were excellent.
The regular menu (I am told) changes seasonally with what local produce and fish are available. There are always specials in addition to the menu...last night I had the Lobster Tagliatelle and it was wonderful.
Avoid the chain places.....the best place to eat at Patriot Place is Tastings.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This restaurant is a real find! Highly recommend the " 5 course tasting menu" - the choices the chef made for each course were fabulous! We had a group of 6 and we all really enjoyed it! The wine parings were really a great match too! This restaurant is worth the trip to Foxboro (we live in Needham)! Food was spectacular and the atmosphere and service exceptional!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stopped off at Tastings in Foxboro before going out to dinner. Love the atmosphere and the large selection of wines. I had a flight of red wines (Bed of Roses) which included three red wines from different areas of the country. I felt they gave you quite a large glass for what was a "tasting." I was however not pleased with the size of the cheese plate. We choose the 5 types for $21 and although the cheese was great the size was meant for only one person. The last time I had a cheese plate it came with crackers, fruit and cheese. This plate came with small bites of cheese and melba toast.
Don't let that stop you though, just don't waste your money on cheese!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I have been to Tastings many times, for quiet dinners, drinks, and their special events such as wine tastings, wine dinners, and New Year's Eve. The food prepared by Chef Ben Lacey is outstanding, with a farm-to-table and locally-sourced approach. (In the warmer months, he grows some of his produce on a roof-top garden.) Owners Patty and Bill see to it that the place is immaculate and the food and wine list top-nothc, yet there is no stuffiness. You just feel welcomed.