“If you're willing to spend a bit of cash on drinks they have amazing martini's. If you're looking for budget...”
Review of Destare

Destare
Ranked #16 of 108 Restaurants in Fitchburg
Cuisines: Bar
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 10, 2008

If you're willing to spend a bit of cash on drinks they have amazing martini's. If you're looking for budget amazingness...try some of the desserts and coffees...and the panini's rock! The desserts are brought in from the North End. I'd expect nothing but awesomeness from one of the previous owners of Mocha Alley. The indoor decor is posh and swanky. The only gripe is that the clientelle is either middle aged people from the local area or post teens attempting to look cool from the area. It has unlimited potential to draw in people from the surrounding area and really blowing up.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Beautiful but they really really have to work on the service it is almost non-existent. Several months later and the...”
Reviewed May 10, 2008

Beautiful but they really really have to work on the service it is almost non-existent. Several months later and the service has improved, Hooray!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Fitchburg
“First impressions count”
Reviewed March 13, 2008

Today I decided to check out the infamous "Destare." I am a young doctor new to the city of Fitchburg. From what I had seen on the web, it looked somewhat interesting.

The moment I walked in the door the bartender very sternly asked:
"may I help you." I found this rather odd since most cocktail bars usually greet with "Hi, how are you" or "Welcome....may I get you anything." Anyway, I was expecting a more friendly remark.

I told the bartender that I had never been there so I simply wanted to take a look. I also told her that her remark was rather odd. But her response was even worse: "that's how I greet everybody.....you must be from out of town ....because people like it ." Ok.....I thought to myself. But this was certainly not a good first impression.

The environment looked rather inviting, There was a group of middle-age woman enjoying their drinks. I am not sure if I will ever return to this place because of my first impression. Perhaps they should consider a more friendly tone to a perfect stranger in a place where the costumer is searching for an outlet to socialize.

3 Thank namaste121