“Very impressed!!!”

Great Wolf Lodge New England
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fitchburg
“Very impressed!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I like to read the reviews as we all do, but I've realized that there's a lot of people out there that all they do is complaint.
We've been to GWL in the poconos plenty of times and wanted to try something different. The water park doesn't compare to the one in PA, but it's very fun for the kids. I didn't like the fact that you have to step out to go the other side (water park is divided into two sections). The rides are pretty good for an indoor water park. My 15 year old and 7 year old were entertained the whole time.
What I found very impressive is the amount of dry activities for the kids. My kids are there right now as I'm writing this. Ping pong, miniature golf, bowling, rope course and great arcade games for all ages. Definitely worth the drive from New York.
My only complaint is that they have no dryers. The other GWL has a place to dry off your clothes, which is extremely convenient.

Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Nevelate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Korean first
Long Island, NY
Reviewed August 1, 2014

This was our first trip to any Great Wolf Lodge and we chose this one as we were combining the trip with a visit to another nearby city and it was brand new. They seem to be very organized here - seem to be being the key word. I waited on line to check in and was told my room number, but that it wasn't ready - it was clean but not checked so once it was checked, someone would call me and we could move in. I was told we would be called within the hour. After more than an hour, we decided to try our key and it worked so we moved in an went about our day. We had dinner in the resort restaurant (dinner is only buffet) and tried to charge it to the room. It was denied and I had to walk to the front desk with the restaurant manager to straighten things out. The food on site isn't bad - restaurant, Dunkin Donuts, pizza, burgers, ice cream, etc but sometimes you want to go somewhere else to eat. That proved to be an issue. There are no menus in the room for any nearby restaurants and trying to find one was basically impossible (you need to get back on the highway for anything decent, which we didn't know). The water parks weren't that crowded and we never had to wait very long. The lazy river was disappointing to me because the lifeguards let anyone in, even those without an inner tube (ever other lazy river I've been on an inner tube is a must). There were kids pushing through the tubes, swimming underneath you and basically making it less than enjoyable. I know this is a place geared to kids, but I think safety should be considered. Our room was huge (Wolf's Den King Suite) and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. There is also an in room safe which was a plus. What I didn't like: no phone on the nightstand (only on the eating table), no full length mirror and the only toiletries were scented for kids (cotton candy). I would have appreciated information about the local area as well. Also, I know this is MA and sometimes covered in snow, but I expected to see some type of outdoor playground. All they had was a small sprinkler park and half of the hot tub was outside. There is so much outdoor space my son would have loved to run around and play outside. There are other activities (MagiQuest, Skytrail, arcade) which can get pricey. We bought my son a Paw Pass which saved some money. He really enjoyed doing everything on the pass. We would definitely go back and it's a nice place but it could use a few tweaks.

Room Tip: Our room was in the main lodge. There are rooms which surround the Skytrail, mini-golf and rides...
3 Thank Gloreeea
Newington
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This place is an over sized kiddie pee pool we were expecting a water park but it for children 7 and younger. My 13 yrsold wanted to leave after the first night, they wouldn't give him a room key because he was too young but they had no problem charging him as an adult at the breakfast buffet witch cost my family of three $50.00 for a frieking breakfast, the air conditioners in the room did not work, the thermostat said it was 63 degrees but it was more like 75 I spoke to another guest in the elevator and she said the same about her room ac didn't work maybe because of the genius that decided to put the thermostat right below the ac vent the thermostat got cold but the room didn't, being very diss appoint with the whole experience we left after the first night ,great wolf in pa or six flags in lake George ny are 1000 times better, oh and this place is an converted coco key
It was a waste of time and money

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Uram321
GWL_Management, Guest Relations Manager at Great Wolf Lodge New England, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for staying at Great Wolf Lodge – New England! We appreciate the commentary from your stay and if there are ever mechanical issues in your suite, please let us know immediately so that a member of our Maintenance team can work to provide as timely a resolution as possible.

Our lodge in New England offers a discounted breakfast package that you can add to an overnight stay for as many mornings as you are there. For details, please visit us online and chat with a live agent from 8am to 10pm for further assistance.

We hope you will stay with us again soon!

Jason
Great Wolf Guest Relations
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We arrived on a Monday after driving over 6 hours to get there. We were given the cutest wolf ears to wear. The kids are still wearing theirs. Our room was ready but even if it wasn't we were still allowed to use all the facilities as rooms aren't guaranteed until 4 PM. The Family Suites were nice, two queen size beds and a love seat with a coffee table. A fridge, microwave and coffee maker were also there. This was nice as we brought food with us and brought pizza up to the room.
We repurchased the Paws Pass for our kids and it was the best choice we made. It included many of the extras kids want to do. You can get a smaller package (Pup Pass) or a bigger package (Wolf Pass) you can choose from. This saved us a lot of money. There was no need to carry a wallet around with you - you have charging privileges on your bracelet which also worked at your room key.
We hit the watermark immediately and were happy that it wasn't busy and we didn't have to wait in line. I can't compliment the life guards there enough. I have never seen life guards like this - it was really comforting having two young - excited - kids at the park with us. Kudos to GWL for hiring such an amazing staff. The second day the lines to the Howlin' Tornado and the slide next to it were a little long but worth the wait. We never had a problem finding a place to put our stuff and we went late both days we were there.
MagiQuest was the surprise highlight of the trip. Our kids (6 and 8) LOVED this attraction and we spent more time doing that than the water park I think. The quest was pretty contained so my husband and I could sit down while the kids ran through the hotel area to complete their "Quests".
We also did Laser Frenzy which wasn't great but really enjoyed the Hollywood XD theatre.
I personally didn't find things that expensive, but we did purchase the Paws Pass so maybe that's why. Our room charges were only $100 and we came back with A LOT of stuff. $13 for a large pizza wan't bad IMHO. The Buckets food service was pretty expensive however. We had Dunkin' Doughnuts for breakfast (yes it's inside the resort) but the line can get long later in the morning.
We received an offer to extend our stay for only $99 per night and we wish we could have but had plans the following day.
The staff was so nice and helpful and courteous. I haven't seen service like that since Disney World. The only problem we had was that we only stayed one night. We felt that since you got two days at the resort with only 1 night stay it would be fine but you definitely need 2 nights to have a nice relaxing trip.

Room Tip: Check for promo codes on the web before you book!
3 Thank MacDuffys
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our kids were thrilled with their trip to Great Wolf Lodge. It has literally EVERYTHING a kid could want.
We had a room with a "wolf den" which I would highly recommend. These rooms are located in a better area of the hotel and made it easier to get to the water park and other attractions. Yes it was expensive! But really if you set the plan with your kids ahead of time, it doesn't have to break the bank.
We ate dinner and lunch the next day in the main restaurant. Both times the food was excellent and the service friendly and quick. Our server Melissa was especially nice to our kids.
The waterpark was clean and amazing! My husband did the Wolf's Tail and loved it. They had water slides for all ages. The wave pool and the lazy river were my kids favorite things.
We did Magic Quest (the kids loved it, I was totally confused and irritated with my kids running all over the park) The staff at the water park and main lobby were friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Get a specialty room. It is worth the extra money as the location is closer to most everything!
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Went for one night and had loads of fun. Clean place, lots to do. Bring your own snacks, sodas, juices otherwise it can get expensive. Water park was clean and not so overcrowded. Rooms have fridge and microwave. My son loved the climbing area!

Room Tip: Rooms with more than two queen beds are located where indoor activities are so may be a bit noisy at...
1 Thank ethomliz
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Right when construction began for this hotel, I immediately suggested we go to my amazing grandmother. She booked a room that weekend. I did a whole lot of research on the hotel and had huge expectations. I was looking forward to the waterpark and Howlywood XD theater. We arrived on a monday and left the tuesday after. Check-in was simple enough for my grandmother and we got some free wolf ears. We first went to the ropes course, and it was fun (and free). Then, we went to get a MagiQuest wand for me and my sisters to share. Note: all the wands cost different amounts of money. Get the cheapest one with NO toppers or extra stuff like that if you want to save money. MagiQuest was way too long for our one night stay, so I suggest skipping it if you want to do everything within one stay. After two quests, we went to the waterpark. The lines are shortest after dinner and before lunch. My favorite ride was the Howlin' Tornado. I went on it seven times! I enjoyed the old slides from Coco Keys and the new River Canyon Run. Note that you WILL get soaked on this family ride! I chickened out on the new Wolf Tail ride, so I can't review it for you. We ate dinner at Buckets (an OK-ish restaurant), and then we went to the Gift Shop. I got a sign for my room, and I would recommend buying one. Then, while I was waiting for my little sister in the gift shop, I watched the Forest Friends show, which was creepy. Don't watch it. The next morning, we ate at the buffet. I recommend the waffles. Then, we went to the waterpark, we did more MagiQuest, and then we spent $7 for 3 minutes of AC in my face while sitting on a broken massage chair while wearing dorky glasses and watching a POV of a roller coaster, with the NSA spying on us. Oh, wait, I meant the Howlywood XD theater. Skip this attraction.

TL;DR
Pros:
Great setup and decor
Fun slides
Good food
Mostly good dry activities

Cons:
$$$$
HowlyWood XD theater
MagiQuest was too long
Loud and Crowded

I would recommend a one-night stay at GWL, just as long as you plan on spending money, and lots of it.

Room Tip: I suggest the Double Queen's suite. Views of the Wolf statue are great! I don't recommend th...
5 Thank Caleb H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fitchburg
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Leominster
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Courtyard Nashua
Courtyard Nashua
#3 of 13 in Nashua

Been to Great Wolf Lodge New England? Share your experiences!