“Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Portland, Oregon
“Good Food”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I was told there were no good place to eat in Fitchburg. I was alone on a business trip and this was the closest place. I ended up eating here every night because I liked the food. The daily specials were good. Also came in 10 minutes before closing accidently one night and they rushed an order in, which was very helpful. I found the service very good.

• Visited April 2013

“Not bad for Fitchburg”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I eat here every once in a while. It's not too far from where I live, so it's very convenient. The food is ok, very greasy, they use cheddar cheese on their pizza, which is, unfortunately, common for this area. I tend to order from Park Hill, which is less greasy and the staff is slightly more friendly. They are a little too expensive for the quality of food they produce

Fitchburg, Massachusetts
“Good food, reasonably priced”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

It's always difficult to find a really good New England clam chowder, and I love theirs! I like my chowder with recognizable chunks of potatoes and clams, which is exactly how they make theirs. Tasty, too! I don't think I've ever had a bad meal there. Never tried their pizza, but will some day. All reasonably priced, great waitstaff, and the owner comes out to ask how your meal is/was. You don't find that much these days.

• Visited November 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“WOW”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

homemade sauce and raviolis
Everything fresh and perfect
Tons of variety
Veal was ideal
owner is always there and loves to talk
Perfect prices

Ayer, Massachusetts
“Ignore the detractor”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

This place is now known as Il Ricordi, Italian for "the Memory", which is apt. I'll remember where this place is, and go back.

When it was just West Fitchburg Pizza, there was little reason to go - 40 minutes from home, and we'd pass seven or eight pizza shops along the way. But they've pushed it upscale a bit, and we decided to check it out.

The beer menu is limited to eight or ten bottled, but varied, selections. Not just BudCoorsMillerLite. The wine selection includes Yellow Tail and Coppola brands - not shabby, though I didn't sample. I had a Grolsch, which turned out to be a little bit skunked - impossible to avoid with Grolsch's green bottles. I also had a Blue Moon wheat beer, which arrived perfectly. My wife was pleased that they serve Coca Cola products and not that other cola brand.

Chicken soup delighted my wife. My clam chowder was very good, almost buttery in its smoothness and texture, clearly hand-made. Salads were average sized, crisp greens, tomato, onion, cucumber, with generous portions of dressing.

Chicken parmesan was delicious from the crisp-fried breading, flavorful but not overpowering. The marinara sauce was thick and chunky, very tasty, though a bit sweet to my tasting. Angel hair pasta was cooked perfectly.

One of the specials was sauteed sea scallops over lobster ravioli, with Alfredo sauce. There was another couple of ounces of lobster (the meat from two claws and two knuckles) as a garnish (that's a hell of a garnish!). Six or seven sea scallops were cut in half and sauteed. The six raviolis were generous, at about 3.5-4" in diameter, perfectly crimped so nothing leaked, and the Alfredo was delicious, though a little thinner than I care for ( OK, thin sauce have a tendency to end up on my shirt...).

We passed on dessert, but were offered cannoli, chocolate cake, cheesecake, and several other possibilities.

The staff was pleasant, professional, and efficient.

We'll go back. And likely soon.

• Visited February 2012